Sign in to follow this  
jhc2nmfn

All hogwarts castles together

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a way to combine all 5 hogwarts castle sets together. I think it would be pretty cool. It would be even better if you combined all of the classroom sets or if there was a way to. I recently acquired the last castle set from the order of pvhoenix subtheme. It is a very cool set but I think I want to put it on a display with the other four castles so that it may appear that there is only one castle. Does anyone know how to do this? Any ideas wouldbe greatly appreciated. It also made me wonder whether anyone has build a large scale hogwarts moc. I saw a post of a small scale MOC the other day and it was amazing.

Hmm yes i think you should have all the classrooms together and the newest version of the great hall in the middle? I have 3 of them together i could show you a picture of if it would help?

Edited by The Joker1

I would love to see that! That's a great idea! But, for the first version, the old grays and browns would have to be updated.

I would love to see that! That's a great idea! But, for the first version, the old grays and browns would have to be updated.

If he's just displaying them, I don't see a reason to update it. Also, I like the old greys. The new ones are better, but when you mix them, it makes a really good looking rock or texture.

That aside, I think you should just put them together next to each other. It would probably look really cool.

My personal suggestion is to line them all up since i think they look best from the front on. I set it up with the order of the phoenix great hall in the centre and everything tilting backwards away from it. It'd be cool to see someone come up with a good tiered arrangement or something like that. Some sets work and other sets don't though. Sets like the chamber of secrets, the duelling club and lupin's classroom amongst others didn't have much effort put into their exterior appearance and are more about playability so i don't think they work for display purposes. I put photos of my setup in a similar thread last year. Ive since added the battle of hogwarts set and gotten my hands on all the figures i was missing from bricklink but this will give you the idea:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51724&st=0&p=921773

Hello.If you are still looking for inspiration here is mine. it is the two most recent castles plus the battle of Hogwarts. along with various random sets includeing Aragog in the dark forest both Quidditch sets The dueling club and about 50 random HP minifigures. Plus the biulding with the red and yellow dragon on the top is a MOC. I have placed the whole thing on a cards table to make it look like grass.I hope I have helped in some way. :classic:

6914603780_47a6528ffb_z.jpg

Complete Hogwarts castles. by Joker 789, on Flickr

Edited by The Joker1

wow those castleslook great i just left mine seperate but your ideas are really cool

Thanks.One of the reasons I like Hogwarts is you can lay the castles out however you want and it always looks good. :thumbup:

Sorry, after seeing the following at BrickCon last year made by Alice Finch I cannot take the official sets seriously as anything more than a source of parts.

6216025327_33e5609019_m.jpg

Start combining what you have into MOCs. :sweet:

Sorry, after seeing the following at BrickCon last year made by Alice Finch I cannot take the official sets seriously as anything more than a source of parts.

6216025327_33e5609019_m.jpg

Personally I agree MOCs are far better. The only reason I posted that picture of mine is to show what is possible using mostly official sets. :thumbup:

*snip*

As awesome as that castle and MOC's in general can be/are, I think there has to be something said for official sets too - they can often make a fantastic display IMO. Great work The Joker1 on your combination of official sets and MOC part too, think they look great together and fit quite naturally whilst combining a variety of scenes :thumbup:

personally i prefer official sets. one of the reasons is because im not the most creative person so my mocs turn out nothing like the above picture from alice finch. BTW i would love to see closer pictures of that. i searched a little on the internet and didnt find any luck so if anyone has any please let me know. BUt the other reason is simply the resell value of official sets rather than MOCS. I see people list MOCS on ebay all the time and ive never seen one sell. Honestly i dont think i ve ever even seen one bid on. My sets are in open, put together condition but are as close to mint as they can be. Most of them have only been put together once or twice at a max. IN my opinion when the sets are taken apart or used to build different things they begin to look faded and lose thier "smooth" clean appeal. NOw that is definitely ok if you just want to play with them , i mean i probably have a 100 lbs worth of old sets i have bought on ebay that i use as spare parts or when i feel like building something of my own. BUt i use these so i dont have to take apart my actual sets. I have actually gotten alot of complete sets out of the mess. They arent really in mint condition but are in excellent used condition depending on the lot of legos they came from. And alot of times i get to put together sets that i wouldnt buy normally and since im not quite fond of them i just resell them on ebay. As long as they are in good enough condition anyway. Either way im just stating my opinion so i hope i dont step on anyone's toes. I like to keep my licensed sets like this because i figure someday they will be worth a good amount of money. I mean, i think my collection, (like many people who have been collecting since they were kids) is probably already worth quite a bit of money. But it would also be extremely hard to sell as its basically a roadmap of my childhood. Anyway i have rambled enough, good day everyone.

PS. IF anyone knows where to look for better pictures of the Alice Finch hogwarts moc let me know. Thanks.

You might want to check to see if your shift key is sticking. It's a good idea to preview your posts to check them for errors before you post them.