Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Review: 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

How do you rate the set?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from below...

Hello everyone.

I was lucky enough to get this set yesterday, and I can't wait to share it with you all. :classic:

02.jpg

Set ID: 6867

Set Name: Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

Set Price: £20

Theme: Marvel, Super Heroes: The Avengers

Box:

I like the new colour scheme for this line; much more colourful!

03.jpg

05.jpg

The LEGO Cartoon Avengers look nice too!

06.jpg

The back shows set features, including Iron Man's flip-open mask/Stark's dual-sided face and the fling Loki function...

07.jpg

08.jpg

Contents:

Two bags, the larger contains smalled baggies for smaller pieces and figure accesories, and a DSS. :sad:

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

All the figure pieces. :wub:

13.jpg

Instructions:

They are medium sized and standard LEGO quality.

24.jpg

Comic:

Nice little story, and some other views of the new Spidey figs! :sweet:

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Figures:

Nothing much to say apart from their fantastic detail and the general :grin_wub: .

14.jpg

I would have liked the Cosmic Cube to have some sort of printing. Loki's helmet is made from the rubber plastic.

15.jpg

Hawkeye is great, I like the double sided head feature. To me his hair looks a bit too slicked back compared to in the movie trailer.

16.jpg

His Bow & Arrow is awesome though! I can use it for my Green Arrow figure too! :sweet:

17.jpg

18.jpg

The back print is stunning!

19.jpg

Iron Man's helmet coems in two parts. Just look at him! :cry_happy:

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

The SHIELD Jeep:

A normal build, with some nice new pieces and building techniques.

35.jpg

36.jpg

Nice little addition of a rear window so Hawkeye can watch Loki being flipped away! :tongue:

37.jpg

38.jpg

41.jpg

43.jpg

I decided to apply the DSS as it looked rather plain without patterns...

44.jpg

45.jpg

Spares:

40.jpg

Overall:

01.jpg

I'll give the rating of the set as a 9/10. The build is not very repetitive, the set is smooth, contains a great part selection and detailed figures, and the price isn't too bad either!

Thanks for looking, I hope it's enough. If you want any specific pics, please ask and I'll try my best to get them to you. :classic:

Edited by Jammiedodger
Removed oversized pics

Great review Jammiedodger you have covered the set really well. I have just posted my own minifigure review of this set but it appears i was beaten by mere seconds.

Thanks for the review! Seems like a good way to buy Iron-Man. I still can't make up my mind on him, I'll have to wait till I buy the set to see if I like it at all. The printing on these figures are fantastic though! As for the jeep itself, that thing looks fantastic, definitely a keep together set. :laugh:

I ordered this and the Wolverine set from TRU last night, and I got this one only for Iron Man really. I prefer the triangle emblem over the circle one any day. :wub: The truck is real nice as well. I'm not sold on Hawkeye, but I may need to change the hair. Great Review! :thumbup:

Thanks for this review 'Jammiedodger', AWESOME truck :wub: and again COOL minifigs :grin: ....must buy set if only for that truck with new and old parts (2x2x1 car doors).

I don't mind Iron Man's helmet, it allows the play feature of face covered and face exposed for in between flight/battle. :wink:

This is probably my favorite Marvel set, I like the jeep and Iron Man is probably my favorite Marvel minifigure, but I don't think I can afford it. :hmpf_bad:

Nice review, 'Jammiedodger'! :sweet:

At first I didn't want this set, but I think it has grown on me, especially since it's the cheapest way to get Iron Man, and it doesn't hurt to get another Hawkeye figure. I especially like the jeep, as it is an excellent substitution for the jeep of the 4437 Police Pursuit set that I've been wanting.

That's the Marvel set I'm looking forward to most. Thanks for reviewing it!

I've changed your photos to links for the time being as they exceed the site guidelines of 800x600. Please resize them so that we can all enjoy your review once again. :sweet:

This is my favorite set from the Marvel wave. Great price, great minifigures, and a decent jeep with some useful parts. Definitely a must-have for me! :thumbup:

Thanks for the great review! Hope to see the resized pics soon.

iron man looks cool but why is hawkeye loki's getaway driver??

I have no idea. I thought that myself. Maybe Loki's stolen the cube from Hawkeye as he's trying to take it away in the jeep? :sceptic:

That's the Marvel set I'm looking forward to most. Thanks for reviewing it!

I've changed your photos to links for the time being as they exceed the site guidelines of 800x600. Please resize them so that we can all enjoy your review once again. :sweet:

Done. :wink:

iron man looks cool but why is hawkeye loki's getaway driver??

I believe in the film Loki has powers to brainwash people. And he'll use it in the Avengers film in order to escape from the cell they put him in. You can see this in the traler when they are all fighting each other (The Avengers that is)

Thanks for the review. I was planning on picking this set up anyway, but this only clinches it. The figures look beautiful. I don't love the size of the helmet from the side, but from the front it isn't as noticeable. I like that it is a cheap way to get Iron Man.

The jeep itself looks rather nice. I love me some dark blue.

Keep up the good reviews. I can't wait to hold this set in my hands.

That Iron Man figure is really growing on me! The truck is pretty nice too.

The only fault I can see in this set is Hawkeye. Don't criticize me, but Hawkeye looks like a turd :tongue: Definitely the worst figure of this Marvel wave...

Thank you for making this nice review. :thumbup:

I will be picking this up shortly, worth the price alone for the Iron Man fig. The jeep can also be used in City for the new forest sets as a nice civilian vehicle. I am looking forward to seeing this scene in the film as well.

I'm hoping to pick this one up soon. The vehicle looks to be much better than in the Wolverine's chopper set, although I don't think the figures are as strong. Hawkeye and Loki don't really excite me and I'm going to reserve judgement on Iron Man until I see it in the flesh. Still its really nice to have a good selection of figures in an affordable set.

this looks like a really nice set and you gotta love those figures :wub: nicely reviewed and presented i wasn't sure on wether to get his set or not but your detailed pictures have convinced me to. I'm going to see the movie on the 26th in town so maybe i'll drop into argos afterwards on my way home.Thanks for review :wink:

Great review! The pictures are good quality and you give a good overview of the minifigures. I'll definitely pick up this set, if no others. My least favorite figure is probably Hawkeye, because of the hair. But they all look very good, especially Mr. Stark.

Question: Does Iron Man's helmet visor slide up, or do you have to take it off and connect it again?

Question: Does Iron Man's helmet visor slide up, or do you have to take it off and connect it again?

The visor actually slides up. What I really like is that it kind of clicks into place when in the down position.

This set looks awesome! The Jeep looks really cool, especially since I personally have a blue Jeep :sweet: , and also it is a cheap way to get three cool minifigures! I really want both the Iron Man's since the suits are different but the MK VI in this set looks cool! My favorite is the MK VII with circular chest plate but that's just me. Anyway great review! Thanks for the pictures and the close up pictures of the sets!

Nice review, Jammiedodger :thumbup: !

This may be one of my favorite sets, besides Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout.

I like the fact they included the Cosmic Cube (I wish it was in the other two sets he's in).

Thanks for the review. This is a set I plan to pick up in the near future. Although I like the set and minifigures overall, I can't help but wonder if Iron Man's helmet would have looked better had the face plate not been made to flip up. I think they could have made it a removable helmet, but just not so big if they hadn't designed the face plate feature.

Great review for a great set. I got the last one my Walmart had in stock at the moment. I have only one major gripe and that's the flick fire missiles. They're pretty difficult to flick personally, but when you do it, they go pretty far.

Other than that, ace set.