Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon 2: Chapter 8

Since some people think I'm ignoring the clues, let's see where they get me. I've highlighted the ones I trust absolutely (mine) and those I don't (Chris and Sylvia). I've also added Ingrid's in blue. We've been told we can trust her.

*snip*

Puddle 5: Dark Brown. If we can trust Donna, this points to William. If not, the suspect pool gets a bit larger.

Let's see... you ignored my clue, and we know I can be trusted. Puddle 5... dark blue. Kind of takes the doubt out of the William theory, as opposed to the suspect pool getting larger.

It's always about planting doubt, isn't it? It isn't a bad gameplan for a scummy demon, but at some point it becomes a bit too obvious. That point came a while back, just so you know.

and we know I can be trusted.

Wanna take advantage of the fact that you're safe? :grin:

Wanna take advantage of the fact that you're safe? :grin:

You're probably filled with evil and a seething desire to destroy all of us.

Just makes it more exciting. :devil::thumbup:

Fred and Siegourny are demons, granny said so!

:tongue: Well that's conclusive proof right there! Why did I study archeology? I could have just went to a desert and pointed randomly...

See? Someone is altering the clues. :sceptic:

I understand your suspicion, but surely you recall the Monk/voice mentioning the amount of blood covered studs represents the puddle number? One stud is puddle 1, 2 studs is puddle 2, etcetera. It makes things easier on us, and if the voice had to provide an explanation it would probably be because the blood is drying up or something. Anyway, moving on.

Fred, I appreciate your bringing together of the clues like that. Your omission of Sheldon's clue could have been plain oversight, or it could be you trying to manipulate us. Hm.

I understand your suspicion, but surely you recall the Monk/voice mentioning the amount of blood covered studs represents the puddle number? One stud is puddle 1, 2 studs is puddle 2, etcetera. It makes things easier on us, and if the voice had to provide an explanation it would probably be because the blood is drying up or something. Anyway, moving on.

You're selecting evidence that suits what you want to believe. That's very bad science. :hmpf_bad:

When did Sheldon reveal his clue? I must have missed it. I almost missed Ingrids' when I was going over the whole thing but remembered that she had revealed her clues as well. In any case, it only further supports my belief that William is a demon like I said there. How would omitting it help me in any way when I already said that?

In any case, it only further supports my belief that William is a demon like I said there. How would omitting it help me in any way when I already said that?

:sceptic: So you've joined in the finger-pointing-game too. Well I'm not going to...

Since some people think I'm ignoring the clues, let's see where they get me. I've highlighted the ones I trust absolutely (mine) and those I don't (Chris and Sylvia). I've also added Ingrid's in blue. We've been told we can trust her.

Puddle 1: Tan fabric. Dark Orange Hair. Either Diesel or Richard. Here's where it gets interesting. Diesel told us on day 5 that he found sand green indicating Richard, Sylvia told us Dark Blue on day 7, indicating Diesel. One of them is lying. I'm inclined to believe that it's Sylvia since she made up that vision. So the puddle is Richard.

Puddle 2: Brown. If we eliminate Penny since she's trusted, this could only be Sylvia or Chris. Doesn't matter which it is though. They've admitted that they absolutely trust each other. It may be because I got this clue that they probably decided I would be the original demon in their web of lies.

Puddle 3: No good clues since both clue givers are very untrustworthy.

Puddle 4: Light Blue. Four people have also said dark tan. That would make this one Diana.

Puddle 5: Dark Brown. If we can trust Donna, this points to William. If not, the suspect pool gets a bit larger.

So my suspects are Sylvia, Chris, Richard, Diana, and William. If Chris' original demon theory is true at all, Chris or Sylvia could be it. But I'm guessing that was a red herring and that the first blood puddle does represent the first demon and that whichever one is not the 2nd puddle is the 3rd puddle. If there is a grain of truth in it, however, there may be one more suspect out there.

See, my theory holds just as much water and it doesn't rely on visions or boomerang clues.

Good! Thanks for your theory! Ok, well, I can fix a few of your points for you. Actually, no offence, but I think I can debunk it.

1st, for some reason, you completely ignored that Puddle 2, since you believe you can trust Seigourney, points to Chris. So Sylvia would need to be your fist demon, and Chris the 3rd.

2nd, Puddle three would NEED to be Williams or mine because; "The group on Day 6: William, Donna, and Seigourney is untrustworthy." It wouldn't be Seigourney's because that would throw the rest of your assumptions out of the water.

3rd, Puddle 5, even ignoring my clue, which jives with those of the others, has to belong to my poor, poor William. Therefore, he cannot be puddle 3s, making that one mine.

Your theory, thought out, sort of points to me as a demon. But that doesn't work because..... "The five people chosen are: Ingrid Peck (iamded), Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs), William Falcon (WhiteFang), Sheldon Wills (Shadows) and Tony Peck (Bob)." I got a clue last night, and so did Will. William was converted last night, and I wasn't, making your theory....

BUSTED!

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that :tongue:

I still agree with Chris and Sylvia. Unless you can think of another way to work the theory that doesn't incriminate William or me until last night.

The simple fact is the clues are not consistent. They have been changed! I have proof!

Siegfried, on 30 January 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

So are the blood pools the same? Shape, size, (smell,) colour... etc?

*Same color, yes. Same size and, I suppose, smell, no.*

I believe he's talking about the puddles as a whole. 'Are they all identical? Well, they all have the same quantity of blood and same colour of blood, but they don't smell the same/ belong to the same person.'

This quote does not disprove our trust in the puddle clues. They're not changing.

Yeah? Now look at this;

Look not for clues in the pictures. It doesn't say so in the rules of life, but really, I think you're being nit-picky here.

Furthermore you have to be a demon, not because of these puddle clues here, but rather, because "The group on Day 6: William, Donna, and Seigourney is untrustworthy." yet, last night, "The five people chosen are: Ingrid Peck (iamded), Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs), William Falcon (WhiteFang), Sheldon Wills (Shadows) and Tony Peck (Bob)." My husband and I were both not scum. This means that on day 6, you were the untrustworthy one, not William, nor me.

When did Sheldon reveal his clue? I must have missed it. I almost missed Ingrids' when I was going over the whole thing but remembered that she had revealed her clues as well. In any case, it only further supports my belief that William is a demon like I said there. How would omitting it help me in any way when I already said that?

Well you didn't explicitly say that, it fact, it sounded more like you were trying to make the facts pointing to his conversion seem less concrete and open the door for other options.

" If not, the suspect pool gets a bit larger." not really. If I can't be trusted, than that puddle belongs to me. not "a wider pool."

My theory doesn't rely on "visions or boomerang clues."

Well, this is embarrassing, I seem to have made a mistake in my last post.

"The five people chosen are: Ingrid Peck (iamded), Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs), William Falcon (WhiteFang), Sheldon Wills (Shadows) and Tony Peck (Bob)."

While his is indeed true, the ones who are confirmed to be trustworthy as of last night are actually, "Sheldon Wills (Shadows), Penny Maltese (Peppermint_M) and Ingrid Peck (iamded) can all be trusted."

That's a pretty big mistake on my part. Let me fix my previous statement to account for this error of mine. Note, this does not make my first statement of the day any less legitimate, but I do encourage you all to find holes in my argument; I want to make sure I'm on the right track too. Not to mention that I forgot the puddle pointing to William appeared yesterday as opposed to this morning :facepalm:

1st, for some reason, you completely ignored that Puddle 2, since you believe you can trust Seigourney, points to Chris. So Sylvia would need to be your fist demon, and Chris the 3rd.

2nd, Puddle three would NEED to be Williams or mine because; "The group on Day 6: William, Donna, and Seigourney is untrustworthy." It wouldn't be Seigourney's because that would throw the rest of your assumptions out of the water.

3rd, Puddle 5, even ignoring my clue, which jives with those of the others, has to belong to my poor, poor William. Therefore, he cannot be puddle 3s, making that one mine.

This stands, but this....

Your theory, thought out, sort of points to me as a demon. But that doesn't work because..... "The five people chosen are: Ingrid Peck (iamded), Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs), William Falcon (WhiteFang), Sheldon Wills (Shadows) and Tony Peck (Bob)." I got a clue last night, and so did Will. William was converted last night, and I wasn't, making your theory....

BUSTED!

*snip*

Doesn't. For your theory to work Fred, I must be the puddle 3 convertee. Which I know I'm not, but as of yet cannot prove with public clues (yet being a key word, because I'll keep trying).

Furthermore you have to be a demon, not because of these puddle clues here, but rather, because "The group on Day 6: William, Donna, and Seigourney is untrustworthy." yet, last night, "The five people chosen are: Ingrid Peck (iamded), Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs), William Falcon (WhiteFang), Sheldon Wills (Shadows) and Tony Peck (Bob)." My husband and I were both not scum. This means that on day 6, you were the untrustworthy one, not William, nor me.

Also this is now rubbish. I know that you are scum because I know I am not and William was just converted, but I cannot prove that yet because I cannot prove my own innocence.

I still think Sylvia and Chris are right because your theory hinges on my conversion which I know never happened.

As further evidence of my own theory, which supports Chris's, on the first day, Sam was given a clue. The day 2 puddle is linked to Sam (according to Chris and his theory which is based on the crystals.) Siegourney got a clue on day 2, and day 3's puddle points to her. Diana got a clue on day 3, and day 4's puddle points to her. It would appear to me that the one converting wanted to control the clues and attempted to convert those chosen to receive them.

Fred, I appreciate your bringing together of the clues like that. Your omission of Sheldon's clue could have been plain oversight, or it could be you trying to manipulate us. Hm.

Well you didn't explicitly say that, it fact, it sounded more like you were trying to make the facts pointing to his conversion seem less concrete and open the door for other options.

" If not, the suspect pool gets a bit larger." not really. If I can't be trusted, than that puddle belongs to me. not "a wider pool."

I assure you I just didn't realize Sheldon had offered his clue. Why would I omit something that supports something I said? I said that William was probably the fifth puddle.

You should be careful of manipulation but I'm not the one doing it.

I assure you I just didn't realize Sheldon had offered his clue. Why would I omit something that supports something I said? I said that William was probably the fifth puddle.

You should be careful of manipulation but I'm not the one doing it.

I said what I said aware that you hadn't seen Sheldon's clue. I was just saying that it sounded like you were trying to point away from William by saying that it would be him if you could trust me, which is a completely logical fear, but your conclusion didn't match your suspicion of me. If I couldn't be trusted, then I would be covering up for my own recent conversion. You didn't want to incriminate me however because I would protest and argue against you. If I was lying the pool isn't wider, the clues would point to me. But they don't and I have no doubt that you would have admitted that the evidence points to William had you seen Sheldon's clue.

The challenge is officially over. Results will be posted soon.

I said what I said aware that you hadn't seen Sheldon's clue. I was just saying that it sounded like you were trying to point away from William by saying that it would be him if you could trust me, which is a completely logical fear, but your conclusion didn't match your suspicion of me. If I couldn't be trusted, then I would be covering up for my own recent conversion. You didn't want to incriminate me however because I would protest and argue against you. If I was lying the pool isn't wider, the clues would point to me. But they don't and I have no doubt that you would have admitted that the evidence points to William had you seen Sheldon's clue.

I'm sorry, what? I can't seem to understand what you're trying to say here.

This seems to be all about the wording of "if she can be trusted". In context, I was saying that I can't for sure trust anyone's clues except myself and those whom we were told should be trustworthy. You weren't one of those people so I was just saying that I couldn't be sure of it. I wasn't implying anything.

I believe he's talking about the puddles as a whole. 'Are they all identical? Well, they all have the same quantity of blood and same colour of blood, but they don't smell the same/ belong to the same person.'

This quote does not disprove our trust in the puddle clues. They're not changing.

Look not for clues in the pictures. It doesn't say so in the rules of life, but really, I think you're being nit-picky here.

So you're another one who's selecting facts that fit your preferred truth? :hmpf: The puddles are changing and your advice to not look for clues in the pictures is hilarious. We wouldn't have got past the first challenge if that was the case...

So you're another one who's selecting facts that fit your preferred truth?

Why I'd never! I'm merely trying to figure out the truth from the lies and find out who's trustworthy around here, and I don't trust you.

The puddles are changing...

No they're not changing... I don't think. The quote you quoted....

"So are the blood pools the same? Shape, size, (smell,) colour... etc?

*Same color, yes. Same size and, I suppose, smell, no.*"

states that all of the puddles are not alike in smell and size, but that they are all similar in colour. It does not say that they changed shape or smell. I'd like inspect the blood puddles to see if they have changed significantly aside from drying up and what not... ignoring the pesky pubes.

...and your advice to not look for clues in the pictures is hilarious. We wouldn't have got past the first challenge if that was the case...

Fair enough, you're right, I shouldn't have said that, it was dumb and un-thought-through. Thanks for calling me out on this. :blush: We have had to rely heavily on the clues in the pictures, but I don't think this is one of them. The reason the two pictures you showed are different is that god numbered them for our convenience.

Instilling mistrust on the puddle clues (I'm assuming this is what you're doing, but you could legitimately be confused, or even, though I'd be very surprised, right) doesn't do you any good either because, unless I'm scum, you HAVE to be scum to make this statement "The group on Day 6: William, Donna, and Seigourney is untrustworthy." true. And you'll never convince me of your innocence unless you convince me that my husband was not converted last night, which he clearly was.

Why I'd never! I'm merely trying to figure out the truth from the lies and find out who's trustworthy around here, and I don't trust you.

Lies? Truth? Are we having the same conversation? I'm just presenting facts, and you're disputing them!

states that all of the puddles are not alike in smell and size, but that they are all similar in colour. It does not say that they changed shape or smell. I'd like inspect the blood puddles to see if they have changed significantly aside from drying up and what not... ignoring the pesky pubes.

This is not a case of blood drying up. Look at the first appearance of blood pool "number 5"...

005.jpg

Seems oodles suspicious to me. But if you choose to ignore what could be a clue feel free.

Instilling mistrust on the puddle clues

Huh? I am not doing that at all. I'm trying to find the truth of the blood pools and you're trying to dispute what is clear in-your-face evidence. Don't be waving the "mistrust" flag at me. So anyone who has a different opinion is a "demon" now? :hmpf: You're not in the trusted group either.

013.jpg

Everyone is doing their best to sort out the confusion while Tony and Siegourney keep a close eye on Chris Owen.

014.jpg

Suddenly, Sheldon Wills cries out and bolts towards the water.

015.jpg

"What is it?" Penny asks.

"I don't know," Sheldon answers, "A sharp pain in my back. I don't feel right."

Blood flows into the water from Sheldon's back.

016.jpg

Diana and Penny help Sheldon out of the bath and into a comfortable position.

"Who did this?" someone asks.

"I was standing right by him," Penny says, "Nobody else was anywhere near him. I don't know how it happened!"

Sheldon is injured badly, but not dead. He is a little shaky, but coherent. Physically, however, he is no longer of any use to the group.

017.jpg

"The time is now upon you," the crazy old monk says as he suddenly appears, "Vacuus is near. You will soon face him in a battle for your very soul. You must know who to trust to fight him. You shall now all vote for who you trust the most. PM me the name of the person you trust most. The three people with the most votes will be armed with the silver that can save all of your souls. The innocent among you must know who to trust to survive. You may not vote for Sheldon Wills (Shadows)."

"You will have one more chance to find a clue as to who you can trust. The three winners of today's challenge - Samantha Cole (Rufus), Fred Thomas (CorneliusMurdock) and Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs) - will choose one person to receive a clue. Discussion as to who gets the clue should take place in this thread."

"24 hours remain until the final battle begins. In that time, you must also find the third sword."

018.jpg

"When I was down in the pool, the floor was moving and blocks were being heaved up as if by some force beneath it," Diana tells them, "I saw something amongst the stones that will probably help us find that sword."

020.jpg

8 shields are found at the bottom of the bath...

Sheldon is injured badly, but not dead. He is a little shaky, but coherent. Physically, however, he is no longer of any use to the group.

And since I am still coherent, I'll take this opportunity to point out that I was clearly on the right path and the demons have chosen to attempt to silence me. They failed, just as they will fail in their other little plans. Now I think I'll rest. Work together, together you can stop them.

So does that make Sheldon a Demon? There are at least 4 drops of blood, and I'd assume there'd be more in the water... :sceptic:

Can I boff Sheldon?

My Zach now poor Sheldon, you demons are terrible! I know who I trust! As for the shields. Does their current order bear on the solution?