Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

It was bound to happen... Emperor Achu visits King Kahuka

isometric_view.jpg

This is a MOC I made a couple of months ago but never got round to posting it because I got too busy. I built it rather hurridly as I didn't have much time to spare and the background graphics are a bit rushed. My current digital camera is horrible so the image quality is rather poor, but nevertheless I am presenting it anyway.

This scene depicts Emperor Achu visting King Kahuka upon this throne. This MOC is actually 6262 King Kahuka's Throne which has been greatly expanded upon. I wanted Kahuka to have some kind of royal court lined with his greatest warriors. Probably too grandiose for an Islander King, but ah well...

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_mister-phes_Achu-Visits_front_view.jpg www.brickshelf.com_gallery_mister-phes_Achu-Visits_side.jpg www.brickshelf.com_gallery_mister-phes_Achu-Visits_statue.jpg

Click upon these thumbnails to view larger images

View the Brickshelf Folder or the MOCpage

Be sure to support both Brickshelf and MOCpages by visiting their sponsors. Remember they provide us with a free service and without support they may not be able to continue doing so in the fture.

I'm happy to see that your are MOC-ing, expecialy when the result is so good.

The MOC has the right islander look and feeling.

Now I feel really bad that I don't have any islander sets or figs.

Cool. The Statue looks cool. Unfortunate those islanders have to live on the small island :-D .

I can't take any credit for the statues because I stole the design right out of the Islander theme and you'll see those statues in 6262 King Kahuka's Throne and 6292 Enchanted Island.

Oh, ok. I'm not too familiar with the statue heads of the Islander theme.

onsidering my digital camera is very limited and put all this together in about an hour

I heard that your camera wasn't the quality you wanted(?) Well, anyway, I thought I'd take one of your Moc Islander pictures and touch it up. I hope this is alright. I made the quality a little better as well. When I took pictures with my webcamera, they always ended up grainy, but then I use the Brightness/Contrast feature to fix it. I usually lower the brightness and raise the contrast.That usually makes the quality better. (I'm not sure if you use it), but I used photoshop. It can be found in the following buttons:

Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast. There's also other buttons there that'll improve image quality. Another touch up I did was replace the white marks between the leaves on the top of the moc. I used the "magic wand",deleted the background, and Copy and pasted a close area of the background and put it behind the picture. I also touched up on some gray fragrants that were in the background. I hope this was alright to do

mr_phesisland.jpg

Oh, ok. I'm not too familiar with the statue heads of the Islander theme.

Here is an image of 6262 King Kahuka's Throne, if you look closely you'll see that I've just built around that set.

6262-1.jpg

I heard that your camera wasn't the quality you wanted(?)

My current digital camera is the still image feature on my video camera, which means its only a secondary feature and doesn't produce very good images. However, very soon I intend to get a proper digital camera so the quality of my images will improve dramatically.

Good to see you MOCing! I am not an islanders fan so I am not an expert critic, but this seems quite nice for a quick mod. I like the framing effect the statues create, as if you were 'in' a courtroom. Very nice!

God Bless,

Nathan

Very nice Phes. I like the use of the taller duel statues and the overall look of the MOC. Native meets natives - very original concept as we always seem to use pirates and islanders. Does this Native Visit MOC have a name?

Nevermind, I see you just posted a very good name.

Very nice MOC indeed.

No matter if you borrowed the idea for the heads. You've incorporated them nicely into your own creation.

*y*

Part of the reason I "borrow" the heads was because I lack sufficient grey pieces to make my own. I need more generic grey pieces and slopes which I plan to get from BrickLink after I pay off my LEGO eBay debts.

This won't be my last Islander MOC...

Part of the reason I "borrow" the heads was because I lack sufficient grey pieces to make my own. I need more generic grey pieces and slopes which I plan to get from BrickLink after I pay off my LEGO eBay debts.

Did you buy some more islanders sets on ebay Mr. Phes?

This won't be my last Islander MOC...

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Do you have already some ideas for future project of yours?

Did you buy some more islanders sets on ebay Mr. Phes?

Not recently. I think I've got two King Kahuka's Throne's build and another two MISB. I also have about two and a half Enchanted Islands so that's where the stone heads originated from.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

The work will start flowing once I get that new digital camera.

Do you have already some ideas for future project of yours?

Yes I do. I'd like to do something with log walls and brown for the Islanders because I think the log walls would suit them nicely. And, after I get some more grey pieces I may also attempt to make my own stone idol.

Not recently. I think I've got two King Kahuka's Throne's build and another two MISB. I also have about two and a half Enchanted Islands so that's where the stone heads originated from.

The work will start flowing once I get that new digital camera.

Yes I do. I'd like to do something with log walls and brown for the Islanders because I think the log walls would suit them nicely. And, after I get some more grey pieces I may also attempt to make my own stone idol.

I was thinking of using the logs from the vikings fortress so do you have any ideas on what that idol will look like?

No, no idea at this stage. We'll save my future MOCs for another thread, but for now lets focus on this MOC.

Here's another picture

over_achus_head.jpg

Aside from the poor image quality and editing, how could I improve the design for future Islander MOCs?

That is one nice MOC Mr Phes. Good job I like it, Not a lot of islander MOC's out there. ITs nice to see this, it's refreshing. Well I like the use of the original lego statue head, big towers, its an expanded king Kahaku or however you spell it. keep it up!

Its spelt KA-HU-KA...

You might also have noticed there's a member by the same name so every time you see it just look at the spelling and you'll learn it in no time.

I assume what The LEGO Company was trying to do was come up with a name very close to Kahuna which is the title for a Hawiian Priest.

Its spelt KA-HU-KA...

You might also have noticed there's a member by the same name so every time you see it just look at the spelling and you'll learn it in no time.

I assume what The LEGO Company was trying to do was come up with a name very close to Kahuna which is the title for a Hawiian Priest.

In fact ive done research on that theory and ive found outthat a kahuna is also a leader of a tribe.

From Wikipedia

Originally, Kahuna was the Hawaiian title for a priest, expert, teacher, and/or adviser, and the term is still used in that context by native Hawaiians. (See ancient Hawai'i) A kahuna nui was a high priest.

From Dictionary.com

ka‧hu‧na  /kəˈhunə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuh-hoo-nuh]

From Wikipedia

Originally, Kahuna was the Hawaiian title for a priest, expert, teacher, and/or adviser, and the term is still used in that context by native Hawaiians. (See ancient Hawai'i) A kahuna nui was a high priest.

From Dictionary.com

ka‧hu‧na  /kəˈhunə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuh-hoo-nuh]