ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

I picked up the calendar at my LEGO Store today, and it does say that the $75 must be all-Star Wars items.

I picked up the calendar at my LEGO Store today, and it does say that the $75 must be all-Star Wars items.

Boo! Hiss! :hmpf_bad::thumbdown: Well, thanks for getting me a definite answer, Doc. :sceptic:

Hmm, WILL Jabba's Palace be available by the 4th? That's the only "big" set I've been looking at in Star Wars. Hmm...

Hmm, WILL Jabba's Palace be available by the 4th? That's the only "big" set I've been looking at in Star Wars. Hmm...

I doubt it. I'm 99.9% sure that that's a summer release. You could try buying in-store because the employees tend to be more generous with the promos and they aren't run by a strict program that requires you to fulfill certain requirements to the penny, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Is the chrome color confirmed?

I still have second thoughts remembering the PotC "chrome" gold bars...

Anyhow I must get my hands on this. Hopefully it will be available in Germany, too. :look:

I really really hope that resellers don't put too much of a high price on this. I can't spend $75 when I'm purchasing minifigs.

Trust me, they will!

Thanks for sharing those news. :thumbup:

I really like the promo-fig and hope i'll find some interesting sets (i don't have already) in a sufficient amount to get one. Will the summer wave sets be available by then? I've read the posts above but is there any chance that the wave arrives in time? Or at least some exclusive set?

I really like the promo-fig and hope i'll find some interesting sets (i don't have already) in a sufficient amount to get one. Will the summer wave sets be available by then? I've read the posts above but is there any chance that the wave arrives in time? Or at least some exclusive set?

The earliest we've ever seen summer sets is in June, so I don't think there's any chance. (and that was from Amazon.fr, not TLG, from whom the set(s) must be purchased to qualify) The UCS R2 will be available starting May 1st, though.

The earliest we've ever seen summer sets is in June, so I don't think there's any chance. (and that was from Amazon.fr, not TLG, from whom the set(s) must be purchased to qualify) The UCS R2 will be available starting May 1st, though.

Thanks, doc. :classic:

The prospect is a little grom, though. I'd have to get multiples, then. :sceptic:

I'm torn between the new UCS R2 (lots of parts, UCS set) and 7879 Hoth Echo Base (rubbish set, but with 2-1B & R-3PO). Actually, thinking about it R-3PO would look really nice with TC-14 :wub:

Do any of your guys think that any of the Star Wars sets will be on offer for 4th like double points or 10% of for example?

Is this promotion also in the netherlands, or only in the unitd states?

Hopefully LEGO will send a post card again this year as they did a year ago with the details of the sale (ie: free shipping, % off, free poster). I absolutely love it when free shipping is a part of the deal. It makes pulling the trigger on a purchase that much easier.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Do any of your guys think that any of the Star Wars sets will be on offer for 4th like double points or 10% of for example?

Usually, there are a couple sets that are significantly discounted, which is why I'm going to wait for the official announcement before I decide what, if anything, I'm getting. Last year I remember I bought the Tantive IV, which I believe was either 25% or 30% off. The year before I got Home One 30% off.

Trust me, they will!

Does anyone think that resellers will as more than $75 for it? I'm in need of advice... I really want this fig but I don't like any SW sets enough to pay their prices even with May the 4th discounts.

Does anyone think that resellers will as more than $75 for it? I'm in need of advice... I really want this fig but I don't like any SW sets enough to pay their prices even with May the 4th discounts.

If you want to be on the safe side then i would get it on may the 4th. When you think about Tc-14 is a figure thats not in any set has a limited number and is chromed. I would imagine just by looking at previous promotional figures that this one will also increase a lot in value. Just looking at the chrome C-3po and Darth Vader there are quite expensiveon ebay and bricklink. However both of those were put into random sets so it was a lottery. Is there not any battle packs or small ships you could bundle together with a magnet pack or keychains?

If you want to be on the safe side then i would get it on may the 4th. When you think about Tc-14 is a figure thats not in any set has a limited number and is chromed. I would imagine just by looking at previous promotional figures that this one will also increase a lot in value. Just looking at the chrome C-3po and Darth Vader there are quite expensiveon ebay and bricklink. However both of those were put into random sets so it was a lottery. Is there not any battle packs or small ships you could bundle together with a magnet pack or keychains?

Yeah, however, Vader doesn't rise up to 3PO's price, and 3PO was managed very differently. I do know that this fig will be more popular than last year's ARF trooper, and that one sells for $20.

On the other hand, I'm VERY VERY tempted to buy the UCS R2, but shipping and taxes might make me broke. But thanks for your advice. In fact I've been looking at the sets, and considering the offer and the fact that I'd at least save $30 on a fig, I might just make a few purchases on May the Fourth. :classic:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

I don't know how it has worked for everyone else, but I have gotten the promo figures without spending that much on SW. I just got an order in today with a Shadow ARF Trooper and the only SW item I bought was a battle pack. Last year I ended up with 3 Shadow Troopers by breaking up a large order into 3 parts and 2 of them didn't have any SW items but I still got the figures and free shipping. So, unless they have changed something (and my order I just got points to it not having been changed) then I wouldn't worry about having to include SW items in an order.

I don't know how it has worked for everyone else, but I have gotten the promo figures without spending that much on SW. I just got an order in today with a Shadow ARF Trooper and the only SW item I bought was a battle pack. Last year I ended up with 3 Shadow Troopers by breaking up a large order into 3 parts and 2 of them didn't have any SW items but I still got the figures and free shipping. So, unless they have changed something (and my order I just got points to it not having been changed) then I wouldn't worry about having to include SW items in an order.

That was the problem with what happened last year! The offer clearly stated that it was on purchases of Star Wars lego and yet they still shipped the promo with other orders! I hope they get it right this year, as the offer ACpin has showed us says the same thing.

If you don't want to buy Star Wars don't expect the fig! :sadnew:

That was the problem with what happened last year! The offer clearly stated that it was on purchases of Star Wars lego and yet they still shipped the promo with other orders! I hope they get it right this year, as the offer ACpin has showed us says the same thing.

If you don't want to buy Star Wars don't expect the fig! :sadnew:

I suppose the Lego wants to be fair. They aren't just going to only let people get TC-14 with purchase of LSW sets, because some people might buy Ninjago and LSW, or something like that. Plus, they might have too many TC-14s laying around.

I suppose the Lego wants to be fair. They aren't just going to only let people get TC-14 with purchase of LSW sets, because some people might buy Ninjago and LSW, or something like that. Plus, they might have too many TC-14s laying around.

Ye at least twice since the last may the 4th Lego have done more shadow ATF promotions because they found more crates in there warehouse. That doesn't mean Tc-14 is going to be in abundent as the Arf was.

Hmm I am still considering if I should spend the £75 at lego.com beceuse you can get the equivilent of £75 worth of sets on amazon for about £55. Is it worth it.

Well TC-14 polybag seems to be on sale on eBay now at 120 USD.

The seller is from Hong Kong and doesn't ship until next Friday. What is he waiting for. Hmm I wonder. :hmpf_bad: