ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

I've been waiting for a good reason to get a republic frigate. Looks like i know where my moneys going may the 4th. Was also looking at buying a Y-wing i might bundle it with a couple of battle packs or planets to push it to the £75 so i can get two :devil: Glad i've been saving for may the 4th.

I haven't got any chrome minifigs, so I will definitely get my hands on this come May. Thanks for the post, ACPin!

Not as nice as having a Chrome C-3PO, but this is a good enough substitute! :thumbup:

I wonder if they will have free shipping during May?

Thanks all for your comments and you all know who gave you the scoop on this and the Hulk! A couple of sites have taken the low road of publishing the pics as if they were their own!

AC

Thanks all for your comments and you all know who gave you the scoop on this and the Hulk! A couple of sites have taken the low road of publishing the pics as if they were their own!

AC

Do you have the rest of the May calendar?

@ ACPin - Thanks for posting your finds and sharing it with the community here. This gives me a month to plan my purchases. Not too happy that the May the 4th promotional minfigure is TC-14 but it sure beats the rumored chrome Ewok. I won't be army building this minifig but I will be looking to pick up a couple. This news is actually going to save me money.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Do you have the rest of the May calendar?

Here you go!

AC

7040966203_15183f2deb_z.jpg

Here you go!

AC

*snip*

Any chance of getting a shot or two of the fine print on the back? (I really want to know the details about the SW promo, does all $75 have to be Star Wars or just some?)

*snip*

AC

Thanks! I have to admit that it looks pretty good, but the only reason I'm considering to get a chrome TC-14 is it's possible increase in value.

Edited by Brickadeer

I haven't got any chrome minifigs, so I will definitely get my hands on this come May. Thanks for the post, ACPin!

Not as nice as having a Chrome C-3PO, but this is a good enough substitute! :thumbup:

I wonder if they will have free shipping during May?

I hope so because I can never bring myself to pay S@H's ridiculous shipping prices on top of Australia's inflated RRP.

Be nice if Lego releases a non-chrome TC-14 down the line so we can still own the character without the chrome version losing value for those who have it.

Yes FBTB has a tendency to do this they published my LOTR pics on Flickr and gave no credit, but most of the other blogs do tend to name there source properly!

Here is another site that doesn't name its sources properly or not at all! :devil:

*edit Oh and thanks for sharing!

Edited by GRogall

Thanks ACPin for the photo, really appreciated. I can now sleep safely without the fear of seeing a chrome ewok! Anyway, that's the last I'll say about it, until another rumour appears :wink:

He looks soo cute!! I can't wait to get one; I'm going to take a day off on the 4th to make sure that I don't miss it.

Last year the UK ran out of the ARF troopers really quickly (due to an error in the ordering system which added one to any order above £50! - I think that the technical term used at the time was 'Doh!'). As I'd spent £250 on a UCS shuttle and didn't receive one with my order, and that I'd seen Lego were actually selling surplus ones in the US, I emailed Customer Services about it. All credit to Lego, a couple of weeks later one arrived in the post :classic:

Would it be a good idea to modify this thread to a 'what are you going to buy so that you can get the cute TC-14 that ACPin found for us?'

Thanks for sharing ACPin :thumbup: Looks a great fig to me and one that totally fits the occasion, what with it being the re-release year of TPM and a figure that actually makes sense to chrome.

I'ld rather have a chrome Ewok :tongue:. The new printing looks better on TC-14, than it did on C3-PO

Oh is it C3-PO or C3-P0?

Oh is it C3-PO or C3-P0?

Neither. It's 'C-3PO'.

You were closer than my non-SW fan relatives, though. They all like to say, 'CP-3O'. :laugh:

Hopefully this still doesn't rule out a new chrome c3po. Tc-14,is awesome and can look like any other protocol droid in a mic or whatever but I think the redesigned 3po would look awesome in chrome especially with the coloured wires and printed eyes.

Personally, this is the only promo for May the fourth that I have found appealing. On all previous years I had been disappointed. Kudos, Lego! It'll go next to my other three chromies. :)

Only complain is, the hands aren't chrome. But well, it's still great! :)

Edited by johnnyvgoode

I am so fraking excited for this guy.

I'm saving all my LEGO funding for May purchases. :grin:

Wow, I did believe Mutley was right when he posted that picture, this is one I have to have Now, what set do I buy?

I'm saving all my LEGO funding for May purchases. :grin:

I may try to do that. :grin: