ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

My son really wanted one of these......so I Ebay'd one :grin:

He didn't want any Star Wars sets really, so there was no point in just spending 55 euros for a figure. Got it for 25 euros. And S@H is getting to the point where the servers are not responding at all. To anyone considering to order from S@H now for the promo, do it by phone, and ask if they still have them.

Got mine today!

6996413430_bcbb634fe4_o.jpg

AC

And how many did you get *huh*

Please excuse me I have to go faint.

Edited by Lance

Just for the record, I ordered $100 worth of stuff just after midnight; only $50 was SW, and got both the poster and the figure; the order is marked as shipped.

To add my two cents to some of the other discussions in this thread, keep in mind this is a promo designed to get you to spend money - not a reward for being a loyal customer. How many of you spent $75+ today when you wouldn't have otherwise? I rest my case. Wouldn't it be nice if TLG used your VIP rewards history to see that you were a big LEGO SW fan and just sent a figure to the top "X" number of fans? Yeah... but then you wouldn't have spent $75+ today, and then people would gripe that "the rich get richer" because they're big fans, they just couldn't afford it. You really can't win here... we should just be happy they do stuff like this occasionally at all.

Just for the record, I ordered $100 worth of stuff just after midnight; only $50 was SW, and got both the poster and the figure; the order is marked as shipped.

To add my two cents to some of the other discussions in this thread, keep in mind this is a promo designed to get you to spend money - not a reward for being a loyal customer. How many of you spent $75+ today when you wouldn't have otherwise? I rest my case. Wouldn't it be nice if TLG used your VIP rewards history to see that you were a big LEGO SW fan and just sent a figure to the top "X" number of fans? Yeah... but then you wouldn't have spent $75+ today, and then people would gripe that "the rich get richer" because they're big fans, they just couldn't afford it. You really can't win here... we should just be happy they do stuff like this occasionally at all.

I'm just happy that the online sale allowed for "some" LEGO Star Wars instead of it "all" having to be LSW. It's a happy middle for those of us who really do love LEGO Star Wars but don't have the budget to buy it AND other lines.

And yes, miraculously, the LEGO S@H site stayed alive for a few minutes, allowing me to make my purchase and get my TC-14. :grin:

Thanks for the info, if my order doesn't ship soon, I'll figure something out, probably call them back and change my order.

EDIT: Update, my in stock items shipped, including the TC-14.

Actually in this case, if they run out of the promo, you could always hope they'll do what they did last time, which is to allow you to pick any SW minifig you want.

Got back from the store. They strictly limited 1 TC-14 per person. :angry:

They did have 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder for $7.50 each *oh2* , so I got a bunch of those.

Actually in this case, if they run out of the promo, you could always hope they'll do what they did last time, which is to allow you to pick any SW minifig you want.

LOL, I'll take a cloud city Boba Fett please.

Same and I'm almost hoping for it but I doubt they'd have any in stock.

What would be the rarest or most desireable SW fig of 2011 and 2012 sets? Just in case the one online order I placed doesn't come with TC-14 due to it being out of stock.

:laugh: Okay, let me amend that to any SW minifig currently in production. Though I suppose I should have asked. :blush: I ended up getting an Imperial Pilot IIRC. Kinda of lame choice in retrospect.

We knew of it based on mutley's postcard, and he's in the UK, so it might not be valid in the US. I'm not totally sure.

I tried ordering R2 on S@H today, and the mini-TIE didn't show in my cart, but the poster and TC-14 did. I decided instead to head over to the Lego store in Santa Clara, CA today, and they didn't know anything about the mini-TIE. I didn't even see any for sale. I did get the TC-14 and poster though, with a nice $35 VIP discount on R2.

I'm thinking about going back tomorrow to get another $75+ worth of stuff to get another TC-14, though...

-Kevin

For anyone in Canada, do we get the MINI TIE Fighter with any SW set? I checked on S@H, and nothing comes up.

Same and I'm almost hoping for it but I doubt they'd have any in stock.

What would be the rarest or most desireable SW fig of 2011 and 2012 sets? Just in case the one online order I placed doesn't come with TC-14 due to it being out of stock.

I would like your upcoming Queen Amidala figure, please. :classic:

I'll take R2-KT, thanks. Hmmm, or should I ask for them to make a Chrome R2 just for me? :tongue:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

Went to place more orders, but Lego.com seems to be out of the TC-14s. :cry_sad:

could you actually buy the minifigure on its own?

No they wouldn't let me the fig only. Also my store always rounds the prices up to the nearest pound. An example of this is the Jedi I interceptor it's £34.99 online but in my store it's £35. When I was paying for my Y-wing I didn't get the figure. It turned out the store took a penny of all star wars sets for a day so I had to buy another star wars item to get the fig. I know it was just the star wars line because I also got the hulks breakout and that was £50. :hmpf_bad: . I wish I had order it online as I could have finished the marvel line. In store they were pretty strict it had to be on Lego star wars. Bit unfair that the website gets a different set of rules.

Went to place more orders, but Lego.com seems to be out of the TC-14s. :cry_sad:

I'm not surprised, it was a very popular promo.

Off to ebay, they are averaging $35 really so, still cheaper than a $75 purchase just to get it.

I'm not surprised, it was a very popular promo.

Off to ebay, they are averaging $35 really so, still cheaper than a $75 purchase just to get it.

It's back! Just placed some more orders. I wonder why they stopped late last night.

In store they were pretty strict it had to be on Lego star wars. Bit unfair that the website gets a different set of rules.

It all depends on who you get as your cashier. Some will let you get more than one per transaction. Some will limit you to one per transaction and others to one per household. Some will insist on SW and others will let you get anything. My in-store experiences were so bad that I'll be doing more of my Lego shopping off of Amazon and BL. And I'm one of my local store's top shoppers.

Thanks to Lego's website, I'm now up to 15 TC-14s. If my local store properly credited me for all the additional $75+ purchases I made without getting TC-14s, I'd be closer to 20. :hmpf_bad:

I have still not been able to place orders through the UK website, tried about 50 times.

:angry:

I've just ordered the Space Shuttle (10231) from UK S@H and it included the poster, Mini-TIE & a TC-14! :classic:

I'm surprised that it added everything even though the order didn't include any SW....perhaps they've got a lot of spare promo stock and have removed any eligibility rules (apart from the minimum spend). The website was working fine for me, although my email confirmation hasn't arrived yet.

I've been trying all day at S@H without success - I get to the checkout point and when I click Place Order it thinks for a bit but then comes back to the same page without going any further.

Arrghhhh!

For the love of the Empire! I've just caved again and purchased an X-Wing and Vader keychain to get a fourth TC-14. Two SSD, 1 Y-Wing, and now this X-Wing has wiped my budget for the next two months.

Although, that Hulk promo minifigure looks tempting ... (talk about the green eyes of jealousy)...

I've been trying all day at S@H without success - I get to the checkout point and when I click Place Order it thinks for a bit but then comes back to the same page without going any further.

Arrghhhh!

Try clearing your cookies. I've had problems with a website before and it worked after I did that.

The family and I made the trip to the closest LEGO store and we were able to get the Imperial Shuttle w/TC-14 x2. Used some VIP points to bring the price down a little more. I'm pretty happy with the haul.

Try clearing your cookies. I've had problems with a website before and it worked after I did that.

The family and I made the trip to the closest LEGO store and we were able to get the Imperial Shuttle w/TC-14 x2. Used some VIP points to bring the price down a little more. I'm pretty happy with the haul.

Still no joy. This is sooo irritating as I bet it works tomorrow when the promo is over. I might need to have a proper moan on Monday (or Tuesday see as it's a bank holiday here in the UK).

Still no joy. This is sooo irritating as I bet it works tomorrow when the promo is over. I might need to have a proper moan on Monday (or Tuesday see as it's a bank holiday here in the UK).

I just managed to make it work......finally. Try paying as a guest, not on your account.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

I just managed to make it work......finally. Try paying as a guest, not on your account.

:classic:

It worked as guest, so I'm a bit gutted I won't get any VIP points, but the 20% discount on the SSD and Shuttle is worth it. Will still call customer services on Monday and have a moan!