Sign in to follow this  
Balthasar

Wyvern's Cough

Dear Mighty lord Ssilyrrlith,

We are proud to announce that the military exercise was successful. Wyvern's Cough is ready for the invasion. The napalm-cannon has shown excellent performance. We bought slaves from Kaliphin to man the oars. They appear to be healthy, but lack in discipline. Nothing a good-old whip can't fix though.

It appears that some mad man in the Mystic Forest of Avalonia has called himself 'the Black Knight'. Though we are aware that we are ment to maintain the peace (for now), but perhaps we can get a special permission this time? We believe that it is our best interest if we would just burn a few trees in the area to make clear that our factions name should not be tempered with!

We will patiently wait for your reply.

Your most devoted servant,

Count Balthasar Nero

House of the Black Knights

[sPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE BLACK KNIGHTS COUNSELER OF INFORMATION]

To any Avalonians reading this,

This military exercise was not a preparation for an invasion of Avalonia. I repeat: This exercise was not a preparation for an invasion of Avalonia. There is absolutely no reason to reconsider your defensive positions.

I created this wargalley while waiting for the announcement of challenge 3. It was inspired by the spartans tireme of halfpenguinhalflego. This galley is more of a classic bireme. The napalm-cannon is based on 'greek fire', a cannon used by the greeks and byzantines on their galley during the medieval times.

Enjoy

7038323987_bc858cb879_z.jpg

front and oarsmen positions

7038319201_4c98c287d7.jpg7038321493_c3881343bf.jpg

crew

6892230180_20de04208a_z.jpg

backside

6892223370_3d4852c32f.jpg6892227900_f9b5c40586.jpg

topview

6892227196_98d46cc932_z.jpg

I wasn't totally satisfied with the front. The gabs between the angles could be smaller. I've spent a whole evening trying to fix this, but the conclusion was that I had to rebuild the ship from scratch to do that. This is because there is a firm SNOT-base of technic bricks in the construction which makes the ship very strong, but difficult to alter. Now on to challenge 3!

C&C welcome

Edited by Balthasar

Looks great! I imagine getting the hull to work was rather tricky. I especially like the side decorations and the oars :thumbup:

I wouldn't want to run in to this ship :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6

Looks great! I imagine getting the hull to work was rather tricky. I especially like the side decorations and the oars :thumbup:

I wouldn't want to run in to this ship :laugh:

I agree - it does look great. I appreciate all the detail, and yet - at the same time - the use of some pretty standard bricks. Reminds me of my childhood and some of the crafty Lego-work I attempted with my small collections. Mind you, I never managed anything quite as elaborate as this!

Excellent build! It has a very menacing look and I can imagine a fleeting these would look mighty impressive. Great color scheme and details, a truely wonderful battle ship.

As for the Black Knight, we Avalonians know about as much about him as you do, but he is too be feared and according to our historians he has been around for a very very very long time. Can a man live that long? Or is he just someone trying to spread fear by pretending to be the Black Knight of legend. Who knows, maybe he really is the original. I hope you Nocturnians don't get in over your head with this. Angering the Black Knight could be a bad move. I've heard he eats Drow for breakfast. :laugh:

Nice galley! I like the use of the QAR sails, especially the canopy at the back - a really nice touch that softens the somewhat blocky shape of the ship. I lik the way you've done the tiller control too! :thumbup:

I saw this on Flickr... and I have to say, well done.

I love colour scheme and flow of the whole ship - as stated, you've used the sails quite nicely. :thumbup:

The oars are just ... fantastic. I was flirted with trying to do something similar and thought it wasn't doable. So well done sir!

This is a real beauty Balthasar! Some noticable things, the back is very well done with the slopes, the brick made dragon head, the greek fire and a great use for the sails. Great job! :classic:

Nice ship, I like the colors used and the large of it, very intimidating. :devil:

But I wonder if would have any use on a combat against Avalonia, is it capable to navigate on rivers?

Besides everyone knows the important battles are to be fought on ground and air. :tongue:

I am flattered! I can't believe someone based one of their designs of something I made! :wub::wub:

This is a great ship as well! I love the QAR sails on it, they suit it really well. :laugh:

Great work I think those sails look much better on this than on the QAR. :thumbup:

Edited by The Joker1