Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

Review: 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

70 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Outstanding! It's the best at what it does.
    • Above Average. It's uncanny how good it is.
    • Average. Watch it, Bub.
    • Below Average. SKRAAK!

Definitely my favourite of the Marvel sets. Not that I own any of them yet, but just by looking at them this is definitely the best one. Three great minifigures, great price, lots of dark red pieces and a bike you could loan to your Captain America minifigure so he doesn't have to ride around on that Honda Gold Wing crap. This bike is actually a pretty good resemblance to the one Captain America rode in the recent movie.

Anyway, thanks for the review! Can't wait to pick this one up myself.

I ordered this a few days ago from TRU and it should get here Saturday! :wub_drool::excited: This is my 2nd favorite set of the line, after the Quinjet. Great review!

I ordered this a few days ago from TRU and it should get here Saturday! :wub_drool::excited:

Wait, this Saturday? I thought the sets weren't supposed to ship until the 8th? :wacko:

Wolveirne is also pretty good. Note that his uniform isn't regular yellow. It;s the same color as the Hazmat Guy from the Collectible Minifigure line.

Really? I thought the Hazmat Guy was regular orange, he definitely doesnt look as yellow as the Wolverine costume...

(Maybe someone could post a pic of both of them, for comparison?)

Really? I thought the Hazmat Guy was regular orange, he definitely doesnt look as yellow as the Wolverine costume...

(Maybe someone could post a pic of both of them, for comparison?)

Bricklink calls it Bright light orange. Only other minifigs to have that color on them are apparently the forest fire fighters and the series 3 fisherman.

Just picked this set up. The figures are excellent, really worth the price of the set alone. I particularly like Magneto, probably my favorite mini-fig of the new line. Wolverine and Deadpool are also excellent and I for one am glad they didn't try and include Wolverine's mask as I'm not sure how the proportions would have looked. I'm less convinced about the helicopter, its small and with to many open spaces for my liking. That being said I realise the helicopter is obviously filler and a more substantial model would have pushed the price up, so I'm happy with the way things are.

Wait, this Saturday? I thought the sets weren't supposed to ship until the 8th? :wacko:

I got the shipping notice a few days ago with the arrival date of Saturday. I know Target doesn't ship until the 8th, though.

my son (and me) we're REALLY disappointed lego didn't put wolverine in his mask! they even had a picture of him with his mask on the back of the box! wolveine isn't wolverine without his mask!

very disappointing!!!

my son (and me) we're REALLY disappointed lego didn't put wolverine in his mask! they even had a picture of him with his mask on the back of the box! wolveine isn't wolverine without his mask!

very disappointing!!!

Please use proper capitalization. It's obvious your shift key DOES work, use it, please.

I just picked my set up and I gotta say it is spectacular! Of course Wolvie masked would've been stellar and the only true complaint I have is that the motorcycle is sort of plain. They should've used the fairing from the Indy set http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=85983pb01 , otherwise just an amazing little set.

Edited by moop

Haha love this set! I got mine a month ago but haven't fixed it yet cos' I've run out of shelf space. Really wanna get the Quinjet soon.

Really hoping to see more Xmen-centric sets in future! Storm, Gambit, Beast, Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, and hopefully a masked Wolverine!

Edited by SpiralSJ

Very good and informative review. I'm not too sure if I like the set itself. I always thought they should have created a new mould for Wolverine's hands so that his claws are directly connected to the hands and he can still hold something else.

Nice review! What is the circle platform Memento stands on? I have been trying to figure this out.

It is supposed to be a metal plate for him to fly on, but most comics just have Magneto fly by manipulating the magnetic fields around the planet so it is more of just for show I think.

Oh, he meant what is it supposed to be, not what the piece itself actually is? HAHAHA!! I feel silly.

As Spidey here pointed out, it's a "metal" plate. I also don't recall seeing any comic images where he uses one, but it could be an nod to X-Men 2 when Magneto fashioned a round metal disc to stand on as he made his escape from his plastic prison.

It is supposed to be a metal plate for him to fly on, but most comics just have Magneto fly by manipulating the magnetic fields around the planet so it is more of just for show I think.

Oh, he meant what is it supposed to be, not what the piece itself actually is? HAHAHA!! I feel silly.

As Spidey here pointed out, it's a "metal" plate. I also don't recall seeing any comic images where he uses one, but it could be an nod to X-Men 2 when Magneto fashioned a round metal disc to stand on as he made his escape from his plastic prison.

After what you guys said, I looked at the picture and saw that it is a hover plate thing. Thanks!