Brickdoctor

[LDD MOC] N-1 Starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

N-1-1.jpg

In typical Brickdoctorean tradition, here's my entry, posted on the final day of the Community Build. Hey, it's no fun without a lot of pressure on the builder and suspense for the viewers, right? :grin:

I'm a little upset about a number of things, firstly that I didn't fit a minifig in (but I wanted to use this shape, anyways, so...), secondly, that there are those gaps in the nose that I can't fill because of a collision of about a quarter of a plate, and, thirdly, that I couldn't find a better technique for the engines than what TLG does. Additionally, I built the model without really checking the colors of any of the bricks. (sorry, Aanchir! :blush: )

N-1-2.jpg

Also, I didn't make the wings droop, and I think the angle of the front might be a little bit off. The bottom's also kind of messy. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, considering that I have no patience for shaping and exact angles in LDD. :laugh: Were this a physical, model, this would be more shaping and less legal LDD connections.

I shamelessly copied some elements from the model by psiaki. (mine is mostly bigger and more SNOT-y) Reference material (very loosely) used is here.

And the LXF:

N-1.lxf

All I can say is: :wub_drool:

Man, imagine if this had come with the Naboo planet set instead of that little dinky thing... :drool::tongue:

In typical Brickdoctorean tradition, here's my entry, posted on the final day of the Community Build. Hey, it's no fun without a lot of pressure on the builder and suspense for the viewers, right? :grin:

And man was it worth waiting for :drool:. other than the wing angles, it looks perfect to me, however if it was done in LDD, why not use chrome silver?

This is the greatest N-1 Starfighter I've seen. I would love to see this come out in a redesign of the UCS one.

Wow! An epic finale to an already exciting community build. I almost thought you missed the deadline! :laugh:

I really like the shaping on the engine pods and the inclusion of the little blue jets. That is often unseen in the official Lego models, although it's an obvious detail when seen in the film.

Beautiful work, as usual, Doc! :thumbup: Love the SNOT technique on the wings and the shape of the cockpit. :wub: How did you get those glowing bits around the engines?

however if it was done in LDD, why not use chrome silver?

I didn't check colors, but I know some of those pieces definitely don't appear in chrome silver, and I didn't want it to be blatantly obvious that there were pieces in nonexistent colors in this build. The chrome effect in LDD isn't even that great, anyways.

How did you get those glowing bits around the engines?

Photoshop. :grin: In the build, those are trans-blue 3-wide dishes.

Nice one Doc, I was looking at building one myself, but it was turning into to much with the MOCAthalon, you've done a good job though! :thumbup:

Ye gads! This is wonderful Doc! Honestly I've not seen a better version of the N1 executed with the brick (and I've looked). It's great to still be surprised by what can be achieved with Lego when people put their minds to it. Thanks dude! :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone. :classic:

Ye gads! This is wonderful Doc! Honestly I've not seen a better version of the N1 executed with the brick (and I've looked). It's great to still be surprised by what can be achieved with Lego when people put their minds to it. Thanks dude! :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic: Coming from someone such as yourself when I myself was not really satisfied with the accuracy of the model, that means a lot. :sweet:

Thanks, everyone. :classic:

Thanks! :classic: Coming from someone such as yourself when I myself was not really satisfied with the accuracy of the model, that means a lot. :sweet:

:laugh: Well I'm only fussy within reason otherwise you just can't get out of bed in the morning! :wink:

Only just seeing this Doc for the first time and as not one who is into the SNOT work I must admit this really is excellent! :thumbup:

The SNOT design really works on the N1 as the smooth lines of the ship look so much better than in plates.

Awesome! One problem, however: the LXF doesn't work! Can you send another one?

Yeah there is this issue going on recently with the attachment files continuing to break after some time, and I am experiencing it as well…