Combee

MOC: The Vanishing Rhinoceros

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey guys,

This MOC was built for the 2012 MOCAthalon to highlight the threat posed to the few remaining rhino populations in the world.

The illegal poaching of rhino horns has left rhino populations all over the world in a critically endangered state. Today there are very few rhinos left in the wild that are not in preserves or parks. In 2011, the western black rhinoceros was declared extinct. It is estimated that there are only about 17,000 rhinos left in the world. If nothing is done, these majestic animals will be gone from our world forever.

I know it's a little blocky but I was working with what I have :classic:

Link to the Flickr gallery.

Your comments are welcome!

6887310056_3f96af61ac_z.jpg

6887311112_228e8ab899_z.jpg

7033406519_597939ccbf_z.jpg

7033407531_f0b55afc30_z.jpg

6887314448_6bec4f2dbd_z.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is a really cool moc. I like the cheese slopes on the back of the little rhino, and the birds are pretty good too.

Edited by Sid Sidious

My nipples are burning carried over from April Fool's Day. You might want to change that.

:laugh: Thanks for pointing that out!

Those are some really cute looking rhinos :wub:. Even with such an angular design, they don't look blocky. Very well done :sweet:

Is it white or black rhinoceros?

I'll be honest, I wasn't focusing on a particular species when building it :tongue: but I'd say it's probably a black rhino based on the pointed snout.

I think you did a good job with the "cute-ification" of the baby rhino. Even though they're the same size as the adult's, the eyes are pretty adorable on the baby. The eye-to-head ratio works well. Also, I really like that tree, could tell right away that it was in the savanna.

And i thought i saw all the entrances for the MOCathalon. Never saw this though. Very cool build. To me its fine that its a bit blocky, i honestly feel like it works very well in that scale. Very nice MOC indeed. :)