Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Hogwarts Great Hall

First of all I have to say that this is my first Harry Potter MOC so please be a little gentle. :classic:

I'm still very upset that LEGO (and WB perhaps) decided that Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw houses don't exist.

7036623351_419f38342c_c.jpg

7036623643_da31e8654b_c.jpg

6890528260_d00646d8a1_c.jpg

Here's one without any students

6888263166_12850b3fd4_c.jpg

I can smell that from here and it smells odorific!!! This looks amazing! Nice jobs and fantastic figures!

This is really great. I like the uniformity of the walls and floor, and then the busy life and warmth of the students, it's perfect. I like all the little things in this, like the door behind the staff tables and the house points, which don't have any pulley mechanism, but otherwise are spot on. Dumbledore's podium is very creative, but seems a bit thin. Oh, and I just saw Sprout's hair. Genius

...I looked at the hourglasses again, and they're in the same positions as they are in Universal, very amusing, at least to me.

Thanks everyone for the comments. When I was done with the main building of the model that is when I noticed that I should have added something to represent the pully system on the house points but it was just too late by then. I was also initially planning doors in the areas between the statues but I was unable to do that at the time.

Glad you guys like it overall even with it's flaws. :classic:

Very clever build for sure. A great addition to the community build. The uniformity is great. The scene is full of life with those students and it feels so sad and empty with that last picture. Makes me sad that the series is at an end.

The only thing I would have changed was add in some fireplaces and you'd be set.

Keep up the great work.

Yes it's flawed...But it's awesome! Lets's see more of these caliber builds, darkdragon! :thumbup:

It does indeed look great. Is that you with the pink mug?

I'd like to thank you once again for stepping in at the end and making this. :thumbup:

Thanks! That is me with the pink mug :grin:

Happy to help and contribute :classic:

WOW.

That is awesome.

Really well done!

And quite impressive given the time you had to make it...

Dumbledoor's podium is brilliant!

Sucks to be RavenClaw ... they're always last ;)

Spot potter. I know where he is. Anyway, great MOC! Hope to see more from you in the future, because this one is amazing. I also like the guy with the chocolate ice cream at the bottom of the picture. I like him because he's holding chocolate ice cream.

I'm more jealous of your LEGO food collection than the build itself. :laugh: Great build. It has a very clean look, and is instantly recognizable. It also just goes to show how imbalanced the houses are. :tongue:

Glad you guys like the build. It was stressful but fun to build something so large and iconic in such a short time. Luckily I had LOTS of tan bricks for the walls.

The podium was a last minute addition that I wasn't sure how I would do (i mean really a golden owl with spread wings and crystal ball on top...not something available in minifig scale), but I do feel that this simple podium works well in the scene and gets the general idea across.

Now I think I should put together a moc that uses all my food and food-related items, you guys would probably faint. Not that I have the most of anyone (of anything) but it is quite a bit more than what you see here. I really wish more food items had a good way of attaching to tables though.

That is so detailed! I like how there are just so many students everywhere making it seem very much like Hogwarts. And look at all that food! There's so much, well done. :sweet: