Sign in to follow this  
nebraska

MOC: LEGO Mini Fig Scale Worl War 2 German Schnellboot

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here is a Lego Minifig scale German World War 2 S-6 Schnellboot. Just need to add a few more details to 'Schnellboot in Action!' but thought I'd post a few pictures. Need to add the crew, lifelites, and a few interior details. The whole hull is present including the 3 props and rudders (I'll try to upload those pictures to flickr tonight or tomorrow). I also noticed a few other details have changed since I took those photos; a black round tile is now in the tube giving it the impression that it's dark and long. I also have changed the 'hinges' of the torpedo tubes to all white. I'll get some more pics posted soon..

7036476909_6d9f9926f0.jpg

7036475097_c6e93ba6a3.jpg

7036473265_7ef83857d9.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Holy moly, I can't believe I missed this :cry_sad: Looks beautiful! Is it coming to Brickworld?

I noticed some more pics on Flickr; are you going to update this? :cry_happy:

Man, this is a beautiful model!!! I just love how you did the water. The missiles and the splash, I really looks nice. You should post more pics for me to drool over!

:jollyroger:

Sorry guys I didn't see anyone had responded. Yes this is coming to Brickworld 2012 - Chicago as "Schnellboot in Action!"

Thanks for everyone's kind words and here is some newer shots of just the boat. I don't have any new ones 'in the water' as it's a bit of a pain for clean up :). The hull interior wasn't going to work. I had to use some rubber bands to help hold the cigar shape hull together which really got in the way of my interior. Plus the access holes on the deck were going to hurt the boat structurally. The control room is complete though but doesn't photograph well.

6916131520_5ff0c9dfee.jpg

6916129956_f4ec58a7c7.jpg

6916128056_cd81e8a365.jpg

7062194645_a12a400890.jpg

7062201997_5403c3d77f.jpg

This is spectacular *huh* I really like your torpedo tubes :thumbup: and the rails on the ship, and the hull, and the water (I use that technique myself quite a bit), and...... I guess I just like it all :laugh:

Looking forward to more pictures :classic:

This is a truly stunning model. Great attention to detail :thumbup:

WOW stunning model! I also love how you made the water. Wish I was going to BrickWorld so I could get an up close view! :thumbup: