Sign in to follow this  
Termosifone

How to create my MOC?

Hi all, I am Matteo, I write from Italy. After a lot of years, I have restarted to use Lego sets (pet shop, tower bridge, fire brigade).

I seen your creations and they are wonderful!

I would like to create my building!

Can you help me to understand how ca start, project and realize it?

I have some ideas but I don't know how can order and buy all pieces.

I really appreciate your help!

Have a good time!

Matteo

You can order pieces from Lego Pick a Brick on Lego.com, or which i suggest is to order from Bricklink.

Bricklink is a site that sells lego from people all around the world. That is where many of us get our bricks in bulk.

Hope that helps. To create my mocs, I usually just use the pieces I have, see what they could be used as, and experiment.

That is how I usually build my mocs. Have fun with it. :classic:

Blue Brick

Edited by The Blue Brick

I think having a bunch of modulars like you have is a great starting point - bricks and instructions. Use the pieces you have from your current sets (don't worry about colour), use ideas from those too for windowsills, steps, little details etc.

Just play with what you have and try to start off with a rough shape and then adjust it. When you're happy with what you have, you can make a note of what pieces you need (eg different colours) and order those off bricklink.

I wouldn't order blind from bricklink without having an idea first what you need.

For my MOCs, I like to build modular city buildings. This is my strategy: First, buy two of every modular building (one for display, and one for my brick collection). Second, buy one of each Creator house to add to my brick collection (I find that the Creator homes are a great source of bricks, but I don't find them worthy of keeping on display). Third, start branching out into other themes that you think have useful parts (I think the winter village sets are great). Fourth, if you are lucky enough to have a LEGO store nearby, then you can visit periodically to load up on pick-a-brick parts. Last, to pick up those odd pieces you need to finish a particular project, use Brick-Link.

LEGO is an expensive hobby when you are starting from scratch, because you need to buy lots of sets to build up your personal brick inventory. However, as your collection gets bigger, you won't need to buy as many sets out of necessity (you'll just buy them because they are awesome!).