Dfenz

MOC: Dublin Bus

indexed.gif

Just completed a first go at a Dublin Bus double decker in current liveries. Its currently 7 studs wide but I'll probably convert it to 8 wide before I commence work on a single decker to accompany it. Ads, Dublin bus logos and numbering yet to be added.

img_5713_resized.jpg

img_5714_resized.jpg

Great build :sweet:! Any reference picture lying around? I'm looking forward to see it with decals also!

Keep up the good work!

The livery looks really good and I like the level of detail, but there's something off with the proportions. I think it is much too tall, perhaps by as much as three bricks. Here's a reference picture I found on flickr.

6813761733_de74641f64.jpg

Dublin Bus Volvo B7TL A497.06-D-30497 - Dublin by dwb photos, on Flickr

In the reference picture you can see that the bit between the upper and lower rows of windows is approximately the same height as the windows themselves. On the model the windows are three bricks tall and the bit between them is around five. I suggest making that two bricks lower. You could also relatively easily loose a plate's height at the bottom (by making the yellow stripe under the windows two plates thick as opposed to three) and make the roof thinner by two plates. It will mean redoing a lot of the SNOT work, but I think the end result will look much better proportioned.

Normally I much prefer 7 wide over 8-wide, but for the overall proportions of this vehicle, with the current height of the windows and whatnot, 8 wide might look more realistic.

Cheers,

Ralph

Interesting bus design, though I beg to differ 8 wide can work well.....anyway, my only issue is scaling height wise if this is meant to look like the one in the photo 'Ralph_S' posted.

But it's a great MOC in any case 'Dfenz'......Brick On Bus On ! :wink:

:thumbup: Wonderful work with that colors!

Thanks for the comments.

I've since reduced the height by two bricks without losing any of the colour scheme. I think it makes a difference and I'll post some revised pics this evening. Still have to do some decals so technically its still a WIP.

Edited by Dfenz

indexed.gif V-LB-02E

I've reduced the height of the bus and narrowed the gap between the windows.

img_5719_resized.jpg

img_5720_resized.jpg

Hopefully these look better. I managed to retain most of the colour lines.

It looks fantastic now it's a little lower. The SNOT-work gives it a really good level of detail that normal brick built busses don't have.

Looks indeed better now the hight is fixed. I especially like the colors you used!