Jakon

Hobbies

Mostly soccer, softball, and primarily music. I've actually incorporated Lego into my music. I should have a music video brickfilm posted in a week or so. It's my first film so I'm anxious to see how it turns out!

I do a bit of everything, but I'm not too great at any one task. Jack of all trades, master of none. I do a bit of programming, drawing, painting, small digital art (sprites), music (guitar, FLStudio, learning piano) and... I think that's about it.

It looks good. What's it taste like?

It's a fantastic Amber Ale. Not too sweet, with low head - the earlier batches were a bit gassy (but that bubbles out quickly enough). It goes down really well...

I strong recommend brewing beer - it's an hour of work, wait two weeks, another 30 minutes work, wait two weeks, move to fridge, drink, repeat.

It's a fantastic Amber Ale. Not too sweet, with low head - the earlier batches were a bit gassy (but that bubbles out quickly enough). It goes down really well...

I strong recommend brewing beer - it's an hour of work, wait two weeks, another 30 minutes work, wait two weeks, move to fridge, drink, repeat.

Damn, that sounds good. I keep meaning to brew my own stuff, but never get around to it.

Damn, that sounds good. I keep meaning to brew my own stuff, but never get around to it.

If you can boil a kettle, clean some bottles and find an area in your house that stays around 72F degrees you can make some beer!

Fermentation really is a magical process that never fails to surprise me. And after a month of waiting around watching the yeast do its thing you invite some friends over.... and then you start the cycle again.

I do a bit of everything, but I'm not too great at any one task. Jack of all trades, master of none. I do a bit of programming, drawing, painting, small digital art (sprites), music (guitar, FLStudio, learning piano) and... I think that's about it.

What sort of programming do you do? I do C (and whatever else might be needed) for a big-box retailer, it's good work. Also, Periphery is an incredible band.

Right now I program in GML, which is a language used for GameMaker: Studio and a little bit of Java (for Minecraft plugins [another hobby of mine used to be running servers]). I've also dabbled with Unity3D quite a bit too, but I'm not quite ready to take the time to learn it yet. I don't really have anything to show for my work though, I have a lot of unfinished projects.

Yes, Periphery is incredible. I wish I could get tickets for their tour. I recently bought one of their exclusive skateboard decks (only 91 made), so I'm broke. ^.^'

If you can boil a kettle, clean some bottles and find an area in your house that stays around 72F degrees you can make some beer!

Fermentation really is a magical process that never fails to surprise me. And after a month of waiting around watching the yeast do its thing you invite some friends over.... and then you start the cycle again.

I can boil a kettle (I make an epic cup of tea), I'm totally doing this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anyone else have a great passion for Football Manager? I guess you can call this PC game one of my hobbies...

I've been hooked at this PC game since 1999 :-P

My main hobby is probably watching films, which I do an awful lot of, and am currently attempting to make a career out of. It's even harder than it sounds.

Otherwise I've been drumming for about five years, dabbled in photography and do a lot of writing (usually on said films, for mine and others' websites). Oh, and I attend a lot of gigs, festivals etc. I'm a bit of a music nut. I've recently been given an acoustic guitar too so I'll probably have a crack at learning that over summer.

I used to play quite a lot of videogames but as I have a lot less free time these days that's a much rarer occurrence. I can't say I miss it too much; everything gets a bit samey after a while.

TK

Hi, what kind of music do you play live? Is is original or cover music? I play cover music myself (bass) :)

My hobby is mainly photography. I just like taking pictures or every and anything I see every single day and putting it in a scrap book so later on I can look back to see how time changed around me.

Movies, Superheroes, Hans Zimmer scores, old superstitions, electric guitar, BMX, writing, astrology (not astronomy ; they're different), and a little parkour. But my main thing is Lego, of course!

Martial Arts is my great Love but also i like to Run go to the Gym and hangout with friends and family

Greetings

Bicycles , Lego, and surfing the web geeking out on these two subjects. :laugh: 

Some favorite websites? This forum, Brother's Brick, sheldonbrown.com, bikesnobnyc, Flickr, and YouTube.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

44 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

I just thought I would post this here because I know the community is very active, I started a GoFundMe page to support me and my mother financially.

I have removed your link.

Please don't use EB for asking money.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:21 PM, Milan said:

I have removed your link.

Please don't use EB for 

Edited by J3D1-T