Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

REVIEW: 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle

90 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Awesome- Me and the Cap'n make it happen!
    • Above Average- Avenger Cycle go VREEE!
    • Average- Follows a Star-Spangled plan.
    • Poor- What is that glider thing anyway?

I really wish people would phrase this differently. :sad:

Note to outsiders: We are referring to the location of the manufacture of the pieces, not the ethnicity of the characters.

(Although actually, if Captain America was ever portrayed as someone of Chinese descent, that would be a great step forward for multiculturalism. Think about it, Marvel)

There's been an African-American Captain, and a latino spider-man so you never know.

Back to the review.

If this set had another 'hero' character, or even a recognisable villain then it would be pure win. But I just get the feeling a lot of these aliens are going to get thrown to one side. For the price, I think the wolverine set is better value (3 characters and a helicopter). As good as Captain America looks I may hold out to see if he crops up in a better set, or this one is on a major discount.

Thanks for the great review. I already was planning on purchasing this set for the figures anyway. Interesting to see a close-up of the aliens. I think they look pretty similar to their movie counterparts, but I do agree that people will probably end up with a lot of them and not necessarily recreate any battle scenes like in the movie. The heroes are the real draw, and overall they do not disappoint.

I would prefer Captain's cycle to be more like Wolverine's. It just seems more classic like in the movie to be something smaller instead of that giant heap he has currently. Oh well, the figure is still a good version.

Maybe I am more excited for this set than I was before due to my watching of the Captain America movie for the first time last night. It will be neat to see him in minifigure form.

The Aliens and their stuff are so hot. I might army build them. With some mods in the heads you are not very far from making a Protoss army.

Boring, but again, we all know it's made just for the figures! The bike can come in handy I suppose and the alien flying thingy certainly looks quite cool, may have to get a couple of these just for some more alions. :tongue:

Wow! The aliens are alright, but Captain America is just amazing! Is his bike really metallic red as in the pictures, or did you work your photo editing skills?

Wow! The aliens are alright, but Captain America is just amazing! Is his bike really metallic red as in the pictures, or did you work your photo editing skills?

It's dark red. I have no photo editing skills, which is why the color may seem off If I was trying to lighten up the pics. :blush:

I will definitely be giving Cap a clip on the back to hold his shield.

There already is one.

Simply the pieces alone make this a great set, plus I like it for it's price.

nice review!

I really like the Cap'n America figure, but the rest of the set makes me go :sick:

I will definitely be giving Cap a clip on the back to hold his shield.

That's a really good idea. I was hoping TLG would come up with something to have the figures hold the shield on their back since Cap and Boromir both do that in their respective films and they have licenses for both those themes now.. oh well.

I think using this piece and this piece would work out quite nicely. I will have to look into this when I pick this set up.

That's a really good idea. I was hoping TLG would come up with something to have the figures hold the shield on their back since Cap and Boromir both do that in their respective films and they have licenses for both those themes now.. oh well.

I think using this piece and this piece would work out quite nicely. I will have to look into this when I pick this set up.

Those parts together will put the shield too far away from the body.

I agree with many that the aliens are not well represented, when compared to how they look in official movie footage. It might sound weird for me to say, but I don't think the aliens should be in minifigure form, but something like the Hulk figure or even smaller! However, I love the Cap'n American figure, and the shield is a great part! I would really LOVE to get that set! GO CAPTAIN AMERICA!

I agree with many that the aliens are not well represented, when compared to how they look in official movie footage. It might sound weird for me to say, but I don't think the aliens should be in minifigure form, but something like the Hulk figure or even smaller! However, I love the Cap'n American figure, and the shield is a great part! I would really LOVE to get that set! GO CAPTAIN AMERICA!

The aliens you see in the trailer has got its face mask/helmet knocked off, where the lego figs have not.

But I do think they should have used a costom head or a helmet. easpecialy with such abstract figures.

Great review! Cap looks amazing in LEGO form :wub:

I think the aliens look pretty cool to, even though I have no idea what they are suppose to look like, I am definitely willing to give them a chance and will definitely be buying this set! Thanks for the review!

Great review "CorneliusMurdock" :thumbup: .This will be a highly sought after set when its discontinued , I mean it's Captain America! :laugh: . Anyway back to the set :tongue: really to me this is an army builder (imagine an army of captain americas :oh: ) will probably get another to boost loki's forces ( and another captain america :grin: ). Again great review :thumbup:

Is there a comic in this set like the other Super Hero sets?

Yes. Every set has its own special comic.

Nice review, CorneliusMurdock :thumbup: !

I might get another copy of this set, and sell Cap and his bike, but keep the Chitauri aliens and their technology, for army-building pruposes.

Is there a comic in this set like the other Super Hero sets?

The last two pages of the instruction manual have a short little comic. So it isn't a separate one.

Thanks for the review! Now get busy applying those stickers; they'll make a huge difference. Use an X-Acto knife to hold the sticker just above the surface for positioning then press it down.

Nice set at a good price point.

Might get it just so Catwoman can drag race Cap.

Even though I didn't see this sequence in the Avengers movie, its still a cool set. It's the cheapest set with Cap and a couple of Chitauri soldiers. The bike and glider could have their uses, I suppose, but I'll just be getting it for Cap.

No this set doesn't come with a comic book.

The last two pages of the instruction manual have a short little comic. So it isn't a separate one.

Oh, well that's too bad... Leave out the captain :cry_sad:

I have always been a huge fan of the Avengers and the Capt and Ironman are my two favorites. I think this set lacks imagination as there is really nothing that sets the motorcycle apart from any other that Lego makes. The aliens are ok and the glider thing is pathetic. I bought it because my son wanted it but don't think I would have if it wasn't for that.

LMW

I ditched the cycle into my junk drawer. Instead I use the Indiana Jones motorcycle. At least it comes from WWII era. Sort of haha. Captain America did use a motorcycle in the Captain America movie.