Legoroni

Building a plane

I'm building a plane right now and I wanted to ask for some livery ideas. I really like the retro colors and former liveries used by many airlines. The thing is, there are so many. I don't know where to start. If someone could point the way to a helpful directory or something of the sorts, it would greatly be appreciated.

Some of the retro liveries might be difficult to pull off, given the multiple small cheat and window lines and various curves around the nose ( the retro livery LH has comes to mind). Newer liveries are simpler and would be easier to pull off. AA's is easy as is BA, LH, and SQ. WN would be very difficult just for color matching alone. Just don't cop out and go euro white like JL and AY did.

Thanks for the link to that site. I think it will help.

I think I will have to consider Alitalia. It has very nice colors.

I do realize that retro paint would be harder, but it looks nicer so I am willing to try it out.

Thanks for the help guys.

I don't have a specific plane, but dark grey, red, and black are always a good color combo.

It's all personal choice obviously, but my airline pilot vote has to go to the former Aloha Airline's Funbirds... I LOVED seeing these planes. The flowers might be difficult to make into stickers - I'm not sure, I've never made stickers.

l.jpg

Aloha nui loa, Aloha Airlines

I'm not really digging those flowers, but otherwise it does look nice.

Dark grey, red, and black are nice also. I saw one the other day but I can't find it again.