Derfel Cadarn

Sanctuary Of The Damned

Is that.. No way..

THERE IS A WHEEL. AND IT'S A WINDOW. *huh*

SO. FRICKIN. AWESOME!! :D

Seriously though. I love the look of the main building, and the tower to the left. The wood look and feel to the rooms in the tower are excellent, and I love that little cage hanging from one of them. Skeleton's a nice touch. The roundness of that tower is really great too, looks smooth and almost real to me. So many details to the main building too, too many to catch right away, but I must say I like the chains, and the orange translucent parts with that glow in the WHEEL WINDOW, pretty awesome I must say.

Building's incredibly detailed, mind is once again blown (shame too, I'm running out of duct tape) by the awesomeness of it all. You've done a really great job with building this, and the story behind it is just as enjoyable.

I want to see more! :D

My goodness this is one of the most beautiful MOCs I have ever seen. Man, you don't just do great builds you somehow manage to still improve your skills over time, veery impressive!

I choked when I saw this. It is so amazingly amazing that amazing isn't enough when describing it. Maybe....tremendously tremendous? I think the expression for this is :cry_happy:. Basically, this is the thing I've always been waiting for, which is a really really really really really really really good MOC.

finally ;) welcome to the dark side ;)

It does have a Nocturnus feeling. But isn't the dark knight in there!? So as there are no Nocturnus knights it's not that dark :tongue:

But greet job indeed! :classic: I think almost everything is said, but I also have to mention the stairs. Those are great! And I'm looking forward to more of your stories, because this is a nice beginning. And if this is the beginning, what other amazing things can we expect?!

Honestly, I don't know how you do it. This is by far above and beyond the best MOC I have ever seen. The detail and skill are unparalleled. I am in awe to what you've done to this one. Incredible job.

Oh man, that is just awesome. *oh2*:wub: It looks so wonderfully organic - the curving walls and staircases, the subtle off-centre placement of the upper part of the tower, the glowing round window and all the crazy overgrown foliage (the way it looks as if it's grown out of the wall in places is brilliantly done!)... so much more to admire every time i look. As everyone keeps saying, you really set the bar for the rest of us. Hell of a prelude... can't wait for the next chapter! :sweet:

*oh2*:wub:*huh*

I've got no other words....this is the best castle moc i've ever seen, it makes me freaking jealous.

Keep on Moc-ing, i love your building style!

Hey my friend,

another outstanding creation of yours. :thumbup:

And everytime I thought: "This is so perfect, he can't improve this."

And the next beat the previous one.

I is a big pleasure to see your builds.

Phil

"Awesome" does not even start to describe this one...

This is simply unbelievable!!!

/Kristian

Woah, another amazing creation of yours indeed.. You never cease to amaze us, do you?

Fantastic work all around here, gotta love all the details you put into your MOCs.

May I suggest that you start making some Middle-earth MOCs sometime soon? :tongue:

(Not sure if it was you, but I recall someone saying he would (around November/December) and it might've been you after all.)

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Very nice and with a lot lot lot of details. Although IMO most details get lost because it's a bit over detailed.

Maybe trying to use different colours for some details or loss some can make it more "readable".

But overall cool build.

Thank you everyone for your great comments.

One of the reasons I included the Mystic Isle area in Avalonia was so it could house some more unusual style structures for those who want to build something different. I will be continuing with a bit of a story about the Black Knight, hopefully ending with his castle, although I fear I may need a large bricklink order to be able to build what I have in mind!

Thanks all

DC

Finally found time to look at al the pictures and building details. There's just so much to see. Just amazing and great inspiration!

Awe-inspiringly jaw-droppingly stunning. The attention to detail, from foliage to tiles and windows, makes me fair weep with joy. Incredible work!

This is stunning. So huge, yet so detailed. I really wonder how you do it. I love so much about this MOC.

I don't know how I missed this but I was browsing the front page and saw this.

This is by far my favorite creation of yours to date.

It's amazing, I mean honestly amazing. You must build 24/7. The detail is mind boggling. I love the spiral staircase that leads to the ladder and the exterior of every building must have taken forever to build.

In awe, really!