Sign in to follow this  
ReZourceman

Foolish LEGO Human Errors You've Made.

Those damn bionicle ball joints. Ever since I was younger, I've never been able to find an efficient way of putting em together. Still, to this day, no way has been found! And stepping on the bricks, everyone has done that one.

I've acidentally broken almost every one of this bamboo part due to misstoring and foot encounters.

Me too! Although once they've all been broken off, attach a black 1x1 stud to the top, and you have a grenade!

And assembling an Uplink in the car, lost the dark grey leg attachment piece, luckily after about 2 weeks I found one in my big tub of Lego.

And of course the stepping on bricks, especially the corner underside of them... ouch.

Lol, carrying LEGO and walking downstairs does not mix.

Spent all day building a LEGO space station once when I was younger. Carried it down the stairs to show my mom and I tripped. Fell. Landed. Cried. And died.

I was fine, but my LEGO station looked like somebody ate it and puked it back out... :'-(

I've also broken 3 palm leaves.. :'-(

And when I was 6, my brother and I lived in the same room, and while I was at school once he broke ALL my old-school traffic signs.. :'-( I had at least 10.. :-(

989-1.jpg

I was SO near choking him! >:-( >:-(

Excellent set of images. Having just BL'd two of the things, its a let-down to find they come with no instructions!

Don't scatter all your minifigs on the floor at night and get up in the morning.You'll be digging through your box looking for hands and arms to replace.[Plus you mayhave a sore cut up foot. *sing* ]I also have a bad habit of putting my legos in my mouth and hands and forgetting they're there. :-$ Sometimes I spend up to half an hour looking for them.And when I do find them they're usually all slobbery. :-X

I agree with the above post. 90% of my bricks are over 5 years old (Played W lego since I was 3) and have tooth marks. Now I have a brick separator. IT RULEZ!

Brick Separator on!

I'm so surprised not many people know or have the brickseparator since it's long time being here.

I love it. It helps...but sometimes...it can't :-( .

Oooooo! Ships? Dock? You wouldn't happen to have a picture or two, would ya?? :'-)

(I'm glad you're port has made a resilent return *y*, that sounded terrible.)

Hm, it took a bit to answer this...

As for the dock... It's a bit more functional than it is attractive... And some of the MOC ships are the same...

I have a limited amount of baseplates, so those are a bit multicolored, and most of the moc ships are multicolored as well, seeing as I need to buy large quantities of grey(or other color) to color-code. In my opinion, the dock and ships look nice, but as I said, they aren't color-coded. I could still put up a pic if you want, though.

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

I can't recall too many foolish LEGO human errors. The main one that I remember was when I received my very first LEGO set at my sixth birthday party. While I was building it, I couldn't for the life of me find a certain part and I thought for sure that it had not been included in the box it came with. Well after several minutes of frustration, sure enough I was staring at it, right in the middle of my pile o' bricks.

The other occasion involved me losing a part with printing on it that was exclusive to one or two sets from the divers series (I think?). It was the little van with the yellow raft and the two diver figs. Well I lost one of the wall panels with printing on it when it fell onto the floor. It's the craziest thing. I scoured the white linoleum for that part, but never found it. Several years later I moved out of that house, thus sealing my tortuous fate of being destined to only own one of *two* panels with printing on them.

I was only seven when that happened, so maybe that's why my feeble under developed eyes couldn't spot the missing part. :-P

Building with lego has become much handier with a brick seperator.

I don't know where I gor mine, I probably had it very long, but only found it back recently.

Before I founnd my brick seperator, I grew my nails so they were logn enough to slide under bricks...

Mr. Tole, it's been a while since I last saw you around these parts! Welcome back. :-)

Building cars with steering then running them of the desktop. *sing* I broke lots of the old style steering plates before i figured out that one. |-/ Oh and when building big, watch out so you don't get your hands caught under the model. :-|

Making the mistake of thinking my 9 month of old daughter couldn't crawl yet and my Imperial Flagship was safe across the room from her.

And the lost 2 months of contact with my parents when they couldn't find my childhood collection that had been stored in the attic during my 20 years of darkness.

this has happened to me the last days...

sorting minifig parts in little plastic boxes, and when I wake up, I accidently push them over! aahhhh!

sorted a big box with minifig accesoires, and it turned over! *sing* *sing* aaah!

of course stepping in legos, biting and nail marks on legos (I'm gonna get me 2 brick seperators)

and super battle droid legs arent supposed to be removed once they are attached :p

TT

Bought 3 pounds of Lego off eBay for $40, and found almost 8 pounds for $3 at the fleece market next week.

:-D :-D :-D That will always happen, though (BTW, I am laughing with you and not at you) People selling in fleece markets (flea markets in the States) have no idea how valuable what they are selling is. People on eBay can easily research what LEGO goes for. I remember a number of years ago a guy found the Futuron Monorail at a garage sale for a great price and posted pics of himself singing love songs to it on Brickshelf. :-D

Many a 1x1 has been eaten by the vacuum cleaner :'-(

Vacuum cleaners are evil, designed for the sole purpose of seeking out bits of goodness and destroying them. Simple test. Put a feather or large piece of string on the carpet. Vacuum over it. Still there. Again. Still there. 15 times later, it might pick it up (only to drop it again elsewhere). Now put a penny. WHOMP, CLACK CLACK CLACK! *burning smell* First try. Same with LEGO. Every time.

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home.

Put a feather or large piece of string on the carpet. Vacuum over it. Still there. Again. Still there. 15 times later, it might pick it up (only to drop it again elsewhere).

Then, of course, you have to assemble the 'special nozzle', pick up one thing, then disassemble it again to continue with the hoovering. :-|