Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

Wizard House

In the wizard village of Gotswhutuneed, life is good.

Butterflies flock to young girls hand's.

Goats eat flowers and bunnies hop.

The forestmen are cheerful and the heros are brave.

Last but not least, the wizards are wise.

Who would of thought such a place existed in Antyria?

It wasn't the best day for taking pictures but that didn't stop me. Thank you for looking. I hope you enjoyed my little scene. C&c&q welcome :classic:

0fantasy3_copy.jpg

0fantasy1_copy.jpg

0fantasy01_copy.jpg

0fantasy4_copy.jpg

0fantasy8.jpg

0ffantasy5.jpg

Here is scene giving you more insight on how the forestman got his steak.

0run_copy.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

I love the roof! Lots of great details throughout the whole thing. my only criticism is not enough photos or links to larer ones so I can look at things more closely! (age is finally catching up to me I think)

great job Capt.!

It does have a cute, cartoony style. Not what you would expect from the master assassin.

The roof does have an interesting shape. I am not sure I would go with brown, but that is probably the one color those parts come in abundance.

I like the angle of the tree. I hope you get up a picture of that as well.

Very interesting moc Captain! The roof is the main stand out part here, its a great original design and works well. Like Z said, I guess your limited with colors with the roof, although It looks fine in brown. I think you could pull it of in dark brown and also tan, as the log bricks are availible in those colors too. The tree has a great angle and im always very impressed with your efforts when it comes to flowers and foliage, you always seem to come up with a great variety. Nice presentation as well. Im guessing your testing out a few techniques here and I hope to see that roof technique used on a few more of your creations.

Nice work mate :thumbup:

The roof is the same on both ends. It hold's like super glue. Do you guy's want me to reveal the secret to it?

Knowing secrets is aways nice :sweet: But altough not knowing the secret yet, it's a great build. The roof really stands out! And maybe you've done it before, I just noticed the round plates on the flowers: very nice :classic:

Question: What set does the clothing of the wizard come from?

Great landscaping and foliage (as usual from you)! But the cool part is really the roof. Very interesting design, and it looks really good. I'm not sure a real-life roof would be made like this. The reason the boards/logs/tiles usually run vertically instead of horizontally is so the rain (and snow) runs easily off the roof; there's a danger with this style that water will collect between logs. But it looks really cool! And the two-gabled style is a nice touch too.

The roof is the same on both ends. It hold's like super glue. Do you guy's want me to reveal the secret to it?

My guess is that you have technic pins in one end holding the cones onto the bottom of the log bricks. Or the cones on one end are not fastened to the roof at all, but held by the 1x6 tile, which is then SNOT attached to the end wall.

Excellent MOC, nice foilage, good angle and I really like the roof. Also the pictures are just fine.

Two nice colourfull MOCs. Just looking at it gives a happy feeling. This cartoonic style really suits you! :classic: I especially like your flowers surrounding the wizards house!

Very nice indeed my dear Cpt BB! I also like that roof very much and I would be glad to hear the technique behind it!

I´m not to fond over those over sized Friends animals but that just my personal taste! :classic:

Just love how you always come up with great mocs! They keep Avalonia growing!

First post updated!

Very interesting moc Captain! The roof is the main stand out part here, its a great original design and works well. Like Z said, I guess your limited with colors with the roof, although It looks fine in brown. I think you could pull it of in dark brown and also tan, as the log bricks are availible in those colors too. The tree has a great angle and im always very impressed with your efforts when it comes to flowers and foliage, you always seem to come up with a great variety. Nice presentation as well. Im guessing your testing out a few techniques here and I hope to see that roof technique used on a few more of your creations.

Nice work mate :thumbup:

You guess right. The roof technique has a lot of possibility, so I'll most likely try it again in a different way. Thank you!

Knowing secrets is aways nice :sweet: But altough not knowing the secret yet, it's a great build. The roof really stands out! And maybe you've done it before, I just noticed the round plates on the flowers: very nice :classic:

Question: What set does the clothing of the wizard come from?

Thanks! The wizard body is from Harry Potter Hogwarts.(the small one)

Great landscaping and foliage (as usual from you)! But the cool part is really the roof. Very interesting design, and it looks really good. I'm not sure a real-life roof would be made like this. The reason the boards/logs/tiles usually run vertically instead of horizontally is so the rain (and snow) runs easily off the roof; there's a danger with this style that water will collect between logs. But it looks really cool! And the two-gabled style is a nice touch too.

My guess is that you have technic pins in one end holding the cones onto the bottom of the log bricks. Or the cones on one end are not fastened to the roof at all, but held by the 1x6 tile, which is then SNOT attached to the end wall.

Thank you! I'm not really worried about the function of the roof. I never imagined what it would be made of. I just looked at it as a texture. On the other hand, it never snows in Avalonia. There's little channels carved into the roof so the water runs off. There are no Technics used on the roof. the nose cones are all conected on studs. It's all one piece.

Very nice indeed my dear Cpt BB! I also like that roof very much and I would be glad to hear the technique behind it!

I´m not to fond over those over sized Friends animals but that just my personal taste! :classic:

Just love how you always come up with great mocs! They keep Avalonia growing!

Thanks! I really don't like the Friends animal's either but they work for the style I'm going for.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and criticism!

Huh? Golum?

Bad joke, playing on how "precious" this scene is. :)

It would be hilarious if there was a ring of zombies bordering this cute little town.