der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

Did any of the PC trans colors come with clone helmets? I saw a listing for a "trans neon orange" and now that I already bought it in a stupor I'm thinking it's probably a nightshift satin orange. At least one I didn't have but still a slight over what I'd have paid for it normally. How do you authenticate the PC figs? Is there a different stamp inside the legs or torso? 

s-l500 (6).jpg

s-l500 (5).jpg

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, natesroom said:

Does anyone know the history of LBG and Light Grey? Why the change etc? Im sure ive heard it before but i couldnt find the info

Some details in the "Side Note - Gray vs. Bley" section at https://brickarchitect.com/color/ .It happened in 2004-2005 and some sets contained both colours link

Catawiki's auction for Lego 90th Anniversary includes a Coral Darth Vader and a set of 30 monochromes. I am curious if Lego will request to pull them out or the Factory items will become standard in the secondary market

UPDATE: the single coral has dissapeared but the set of 30 "incl custom cape prototype" are still there with several satiin prototypes I hadn't noticed

Conclussion (Aug 12th): Yes! auctioned -and for a hefty price- Prototypes and third party items  as 4Dmaster minifig are considered "Lego" for catawiki and bidders

Edited by bitbamboo
Conclussion

On 8/9/2022 at 11:39 AM, pbatey7 said:

One thing they've forgot to understand is that right from the off LEGO like other high quality brand do not do poor quality anything! 

Tell that to people with cracked reddish brown minifigure parts, or the owners of lime Lamborghinis, or just look at light coloured prints on dark parts. LEGO cut corners too. Maybe not as bad as these bootleg parts, but if people are willing to pay for illegitimate parts to be made in non-existing colours, they get what they deserve.  

6 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

Some details in the "Side Note - Gray vs. Bley" section at https://brickarchitect.com/color/ .It happened in 2004-2005 and some sets contained both colours link

Yeah i found the whole thing - i meant to come back here and post that i found the answer on a thread at LUGNET.

13 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

Interesting. They mention the old gray being perceived as dirty or yellowed. I think that looking at the old vs. the new gray side to side, I find the newer one more pleasant to look at.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, Doctor Bones said:

Did any of the PC trans colors come with clone helmets? I saw a listing for a "trans neon orange" and now that I already bought it in a stupor I'm thinking it's probably a nightshift satin orange. At least one I didn't have but still a slight over what I'd have paid for it normally. How do you authenticate the PC figs? Is there a different stamp inside the legs or torso? 

s-l500 (6).jpg

s-l500 (5).jpg

The PC figs usually have straight lines on the top of the hips vs. rounded ends, and the numbers are formatted differently:

laohhp0.jpgu9Y3G3H.jpg

Could someone help me get in contact with a bootlegger, or at least point me in the right direction? I would like to try and request a specific part. 

Hello ToastBubbles, and welcome to Eurobricks, I'm sure you'll find lots of useful discussiona d information on our boards.

Keep in mind, though, that the kind of request you posted is frowned upon, as we do nor support the work of bootleggers. I'm sure there are other sources where you cand find this kind of information.

Looking forward to see your contributions to our community.

1 minute ago, LuxorV said:

we do nor support the work of bootleggers. 

My bad, seemed like half this forum was doing just that, so I figured I'd ask :shrug_oh_well:

There may have indeed been a misunderstanding. We (meaning the Eurobricks Forums staff) do allow and even enjoy discussion of various aspects of the LEGO fans and users' world, including compatible and at times bootleg items (it woudl be foolish to deny they exist!).

There is a difference, though, between that and encouragement and/or support towards all of them.