der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, steyin said:

Now that another person (AN Parry) has it, it seems you can add trans light purple to the list.

Yep, I can give you two more if needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matthewnolan said:

Yep, I can give you two more if needed. 

2 new colors or you have 2 light purple for sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's this about Trans-Light Purple? It's a Clikits-only colour which was retired 15 years ago. I struggle to believe that A) it's been revived after 15 years, or B) that someone out there has had a minifig in this colour for 15 years and no photos have emerged until now.

Lavender is now completeable with the release of the new Ninjago sets.

In addition, I've been alerted to the possibility of torsos in Paradisa Pink, and (old) Dark Pink. Examples of said torsos are currently on their way to me, and once I have them in hand I'll compare them with the (old) Pink and (new) Dark Pink figs I have, and decide whether they're the same or not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

What's this about Trans-Light Purple? It's a Clikits-only colour which was retired 15 years ago. I struggle to believe that A) it's been revived after 15 years, or B) that someone out there has had a minifig in this colour for 15 years and no photos have emerged until now.

Lavender is now completeable with the release of the new Ninjago sets.

In addition, I've been alerted to the possibility of torsos in Paradisa Pink, and (old) Dark Pink. Examples of said torsos are currently on their way to me, and once I have them in hand I'll compare them with the (old) Pink and (new) Dark Pink figs I have, and decide whether they're the same or not...

It's possible it is trans lavender, but to me it looks like the light purple 4l bar. Waiting confirmation once I have one. Definitely seems like an ABS figure.

ZhVCpNx.jpg2EHY6bA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit suspicious with this figure. To the color experts, is this a current color? Otherwise, it seems hard to imagine it being authentic. It seems to have all the right marks, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, where did that photo originate? Given it's got an Iron Man helmet on it, which currently seem to be doing the rounds of the ABS trans figures, I'm tempted to say that it's come from the same place - i.e. a Lego factory.

However, there is no currently available colour which looks anything like that. 

ZhVCpNx.jpg

I've just come across this Clikits element in Trans-Light Purple, which looks very very similar. So it does indeed look to be Trans-Light Purple. Whether it's genuine or not, or whether Lego have decided to revive the colour and it just hasn't made it into any official sets yet, is another matter...

clikits109.png

Edited by Paperballpark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Hmmm, where did that photo originate? Given it's got an Iron Man helmet on it, which currently seem to be doing the rounds of the ABS trans figures, I'm tempted to say that it's come from the same place - i.e. a Lego factory.

However, there is no currently available colour which looks anything like that. 

 

I've just come across this Clikits element in Trans-Light Purple, which looks very very similar. So it does indeed look to be Trans-Light Purple. Whether it's genuine or not, or whether Lego have decided to revive the colour and it just hasn't made it into any official sets yet, is another matter...

 

I believe the Iron Man figure was posted on the FB monochrome minifigures group (on February 21).

Edited by BrickHat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that the purple figure has legs in different tones, I have wondered if this could be simply a pink figure that resulted in a lighter tone. Seems pretty uniform, though, so I am unsure. This is quite odd. Don't the other Iron Man figures seem to be a tad different? The orange one seems like neon orange, which conventional wisdom says aren't made anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I agree. Although Trans-Neon Orange is a current colour. Also, the yellow figure looks a bit like Trans-Neon Green, apart from the helmet which is deffo Trans-Yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Considering that the purple figure has legs in different tones, I have wondered if this could be simply a pink figure that resulted in a lighter tone. Seems pretty uniform, though, so I am unsure. This is quite odd. Don't the other Iron Man figures seem to be a tad different? The orange one seems like neon orange, which conventional wisdom says aren't made anymore.

The Iron fig Parry posted on FB (not the helmet, just the fig) seems like a PC neon orange to me, pretty much matches mine. The fig for the yellow helmet is also neon green. I'd say all the helmets are ABS. I also wondered if perhaps the other is a light pink, but it seems closer to the light purple.

Edited by steyin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated my spreadsheet this evening, to add two more colours - 'old' Dark Pink Torso and arms (barely distinguishable from 'new' Dark Pink), and 'Paradisa' Pink Torso (distinct from old Pink).

Although Bricklink doesn't count them as separate colours, Lego do. Both are retired colours.

I'm holding off on that Trans-Light Purple minifig for now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rabbit minifigure from Winnie the Pooh is bright light yellow, right?

New hands for the monochrome figure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MDM said:

The rabbit minifigure from Winnie the Pooh is bright light yellow, right?

New hands for the monochrome figure...

It looks like it might be tan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks bright light yellow to me. Thought the exact same things about the hands. But it might be tan instead.

We need heads in new colors, though. Give us that dark turquoise head already, Lego!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm virtually certain they're Bright Light Yellow hands. I'm so confident I've added it to my spreadsheet ahead of the release. Also, the legs and hips are the first time they've been available unprinted.

Just need a head for it now.

Edited by Paperballpark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Vidiyo set 43017 has Flat Silver hands...

The parts aren't up on BL yet, but the Lego torso render strongly suggests that the hands are not just DBG:

6336783.jpg

If they are, then Flat Silver will be complete :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

I think that Vidiyo set 43017 has Flat Silver hands...

The parts aren't up on BL yet, but the Lego torso render strongly suggests that the hands are not just DBG:

If they are, then Flat Silver will be complete :)

Oh dang! Good eye!

Regarding bright light yellow, I now regret hunting for the pieces last year, given that they'll be more widely available now. Oh well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

I think that Vidiyo set 43017 has Flat Silver hands...

If they are, then Flat Silver will be complete :)

Great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

I've had it confirmed that they are indeed Flat Silver.

Thanks, just placed an order on brick and pieces to get It :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 2:20 PM, MDM said:

The rabbit minifigure from Winnie the Pooh is bright light yellow, right?

New hands for the monochrome figure...

The hands look the same as the body colour to me, 99% sure we’ve now got bright light yellow 🙌 !

718BC7A7-6F13-476A-BFEF-61EFA43B7DF6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.