der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Bottom left is sand red?

It looks like two shades of it. The bootleggers seem to have the same quality control when it comes to colours as LEGO!

This is getting silly now. Some of those are apparently different shades/formulations of satin, so it'll be never ending. I mean, what are some of those colours even called?

Some of these look a little off colour like the sand red? Just got this latest Set of Images :/ 

Lego satin & other new colours

Lego satin & other new colours

Edited by pbatey7

18 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

This is getting silly now. Some of those are apparently different shades/formulations of satin, so it'll be never ending. I mean, what are some of those colours even called?

Kerching yellow, kerching green, etc.

20 hours ago, MAB said:

Kerching yellow, kerching green, etc.

:pir-laugh: :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh: 

thanks for your extremelly hilarating answer 

For people with little knowledge of slang: kerching refers to the sound of the old cash registers and it is used as "something to cash in a lot" so read it as "pricey yellow, pricey green..."

I want em! I broke down and joined FB to find the seller but I'm having some trouble. Any chance of getting an invite to the market or something? 

There is one seller who has a group called “Lego Monofigs” and has all these and more but I asked for prices yesterday and heard nothing yet?! But I’m going to imagine they won’t be anywhere as cheap as one of my sellers (one from Indonesia) but I’ll let you know 

I did used to sell them all as well but getting a little bored of most of it now but yes I still fancy some of the new ones for my own collection  :D

On 7/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, pbatey7 said:

There is one seller who has a group called “Lego Monofigs” and has all these and more but I asked for prices yesterday and heard nothing yet?! But I’m going to imagine they won’t be anywhere as cheap as one of my sellers (one from Indonesia) but I’ll let you know 

I did used to sell them all as well but getting a little bored of most of it now but yes I still fancy some of the new ones for my own collection  :D

Any other sellers? I tried to join a couple groups with no success. Now they don't appear in my search so I assume they didn't accept. I know one viable seller so far, but he only does transparent. I'd like to buy a few of those solid ones. 

Is there anyway we can create a separate thread to distinguish between legit and custom monofig parts? Am I alone in only wanting alerts when new official parts become available?

12 hours ago, Brickr said:

Is there anyway we can create a separate thread to distinguish between legit and custom monofig parts? Am I alone in only wanting alerts when new official parts become available?

It is a mess due to all the illegitimate parts now produced. I suggested the same thing with a split back in January / February, as I also am only interested in parts made by LEGO for LEGO sets, and not interested in these made to order parts.

I’ve always sold original Lego and I now also sell the ones people refer to as “custom” or “illegitimate” but in my opinion of selling and collecting Lego for over 20 years is that these Lego parts made in official Lego moulds are the same so surely yes you can buy what you wish and wait for colours to appear in official Lego sets but you’d also not be able to tell the difference if someone swapped the parts in sets :/

Lego announced on Bricklink that although they haven’t made these parts they are made by either Lego employees or others in Lego moulds.

anyways I am also not going to buy all of these as I have 55 Darth Vader Colours, 55 Clone Troopers, almost as many Batman and a lot of Tie Fighters and C-3PO’s and they look absolutely awesome and I must say Lego themselves are missing a huge market for fans not doing these.

the “Everything is Awesome”  set was a good start but nothing since?!

On 6/7/2022 at 15:30, pbatey7 said:

Hay un vendedor que tiene un grupo llamado "Lego Monofigs" y tiene todo esto y más, pero ayer pregunté por los precios y ¡¿todavía no escuché nada?! Pero me voy a imaginar que no estarán en ningún lado tan barato como uno de mis vendedores (uno de Indonesia) pero ya os lo haré saber 

Solía venderlos todos también, pero ahora me aburro un poco de la mayoría, pero sí, todavía me gustan algunos de los nuevos para mi propia colección   : D

in this group you can reach all the characters and colours available ;)

On 7/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, pbatey7 said:

anyways I am also not going to buy all of these as I have 55 Darth Vader Colours, 55 Clone Troopers, almost as many Batman and a lot of Tie Fighters and C-3PO’s and they look absolutely awesome and I must say Lego themselves are missing a huge market for fans not doing these.

Darth Vader is black. That is why LEGO sells only black versions. It is probably more to do with Lucasfilm/Disney wanting to keep him only as black rather than LEGO refusing to do him in a multitude of colours. As for there being a huge market, I really doubt it. Monochromes are still fairly niche, and there is no reason that huge numbers of Star Wars fans would want to buy into a rainbow of Darth Vader colours. There are far more things that SW fans might want to display rather than one figure in the LEGO spectrum (and non-production colours).

Well everyone has an opinion but tell me this doesn’t look “Awesome” to display :)

Lego Darth Vader (in his Rainbow) Glory!

5 minutes ago, pbatey7 said:

Well everyone has an opinion but tell me this doesn’t look “Awesome” to display :)

Lego Darth Vader (in his Rainbow) Glory!

Obviously only a madman would deny this awesomeness… however until you have the hilts in each colour… 🤣

On 7/8/2022 at 1:44 AM, Brickr said:

As far as I would second this opinion, I am not seeing many replies tooting the same horn. :def_shrug:

So I think we leave it as that. You can still open up a new topic for spotted new colours from parts of minifigs. :wink:

On 7/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Holodoc said:

As far as I would second this opinion, I am not seeing many replies tooting the same horn. :def_shrug:

So I think we leave it as that. You can still open up a new topic for spotted new colours from parts of minifigs. :wink:

I would have seconded it but I don't check the thread much.

I went the opposite way, instead of checking to see if other people spot new colours I leave it to myself to find them, looking at new sets and CMFs and using bricklin to search. Back to the days when I "discovered" monochromes before I realised it was a thing and other people also did it. It focuses more on the joy of the chase than the purchase of a ready made display.

i second a new thread also, if i didnt see this post i wouldn't have known they were illegitimate and would have been chasing a ghost, lol.

Look, there’s nothing wrong with collecting Lego sets and Minifigures from rare sets or even series sets of Minifigures (which I do). But I also collect minifigure parts and make monochrome figures (just very time consuming) but I do also buy and collect these unofficial Lego figures as I’ve compared them against brand new parts direct from Lego and in most cases are better than from Lego as I’ve had scratched and damaged parts from Lego. 
All the parts are obviously made in genuine Lego moulds as they are identical in every way so if someone put these in sets no one would ever know the difference so all we are talking about here are different makers of the same product.

I do like to hear and see new things for all monochrome options and I haven’t seen anyone not be clear if various colours are coming from official sets or “elsewhere” and you can always tell.

I only have time to read and reply to one chat so I’m for staying as is.