der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

In terms of whether Coral legs will ever appear in an official set, I'm afraid the answer is probably 'who knows?'.

They have until the end of this year to do so though, as it's fairly likely that Coral as a colour will be retired at the end of this year - victim of a 'four years and gone' rule which Lego seems to be applying to new colours.

Edited by Paperballpark

8 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

In terms of whether Coral legs will ever appear in an official set, I'm afraid the answer is probably 'who knows?'.

They have until the end of this year to do so though, as it's fairly likely that Coral as a colour will be retired at the end of this year - victim of a 'four years and gone' rule which Lego seems to be applying to new colours.

Ouch. Yeah I'll have to double my efforts to find it. Thanks for the info though. 

I recently got into this whole monofig thing and then came across this thread here.

I would like to display my monofigs on a framed baseplate, and would very much prefer that they are fitted with wigs/ hair pieces. The effect I am trying to achieve is similar to the "Everybody is Awesome" set. However, I am coming to a conclusion that many colors don't have a corresponding hair piece! I have so far resorted to putting on some form of headgear like a hat. But even that makes with whole project incoherent.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys for suggestions (for a hair piece most preferably, or a hat as a last resort) for these colors:

Sand Blue

Medium Blue

Light Azure

Sand Green

Olive*

Light Flesh/ Light Nougat*

Medium Lavender

Light Aqua

*(both olive and light nougat do not have any monochrome headpiece???)

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Edited by hikouki

Hi yes hair is the best option and most of there are available, just very hard to get:

light nougat

light Aqua 

sand blue

Medium blue

medium or dark azure

all the above are available.

Sand Green use the Statue of Liberty hair.

medium lavender is available with dark turquoise headphones attached.

that pretty much completes the 48 colours available. I’ll try and post a picture at some point.

thanks 

Edited by pbatey7

21 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Plain Coral legs and hips are in the new City Passenger Train #60337

Thanks 😊

Hahaha!

That figures!

I saw that coming. As soon as I finally got a full coral fig. I had a feeling. Just my luck!

No worries though. Now I can complete the one I started with. I finished the Yellow-Green with a Beaker I got on Ebay and my Satin Black came today. So except for protos I'm current for once!!

...And here comes Satin Red!  I'm psyched for new colors, but at the same time planning a custom shadowbox to display them will have to wait a bit longer it seems. 

Coral YG.jpg

There's a number of Transparent legs and arms in the Ninjago sets: Trans-Light Blue, Trans-Orange, Trans-Red, Trans-Yellow, and Trans-Dark Pink has the left arm and right leg.

I've updated my spreadsheet with everything.

On 5/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Paperballpark said:

There's a number of Transparent legs and arms in the Ninjago sets: Trans-Light Blue, Trans-Orange, Trans-Red, Trans-Yellow, and Trans-Dark Pink has the left arm and right leg.

I've updated my spreadsheet with everything.

New color, warm tan, on lego 75325. Head for Mando.

Edited by MDM

Thanks, yes I noticed that this morning, somehow it had passed me by! I'll add it to my spreadsheet as soon as I can.

Oddly, BL still haven't got the set in their catalogue, despite it being released back in Feb...

Has anyone come across a shadow box that could fit a 48-stud baseplate?

I know there are a bunch of frames out there (Ikea, etc) which can fit the 32-stud ones. But I wanted a bigger one to fit 40+ monofigs.

The only alternative I could think of is building my own framing with bricks on the edges of the 48-stud baseplate. But then there would be no protective window.

51 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I know there are a bunch of frames out there (Ikea, etc) which can fit the 32-stud ones. But I wanted a bigger one to fit 40+ monofigs.

The only alternative I could think of is building my own framing with bricks on the edges of the 48-stud baseplate. But then there would be no protective window.

I use lego pieces to do small frames and use plastic to protect them (similar to Ikea frames plastic cover)

IMG-20220316-131950-01-01.jpg

Have the complete figures on a larger one, similar to that one.

Edited by MDM

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

There is an IKEA frame that nicely fits a 32-stud baseplate with a border: 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cci3-uIrx08/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The same frame would fit about 42-studs baseplate, without the border. 

On 5/8/2022 at 10:25 AM, MDM said:

Still a preorder on lego.com for 1 june

Interesting, Brickset says it was released in Feb. I guess that must be when preorders went live.

21 hours ago, hikouki said:

Which minifig has the neon yellow torso? Thanks!

Mei from monkey kid has neon yellow torso and arms

Edited by MDM

There's a few City figures with Vibrant Yellow torsos too, although the arms are only in Monkee Kid for now.

Can anyone confirm if the Nymphadora Tonks hair on the Grimauld palace and upcoming Harry Potter CMF are going to be in medium lavender?

New medium tan/warm tan head, arms and hands on set 76912

Coral hips and legs also available on set 40574