der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

Just now, JJTar said:

I think your choice of "what" versus "who" shows a lack of respect, no?  Perhaps sets like this will help to foster more respect for everyone, instead of passing down biases from one generation to the next, whether intentional or not.  Are you this upset about holiday sets or those showing heterosexual couples with children?

I'm just saying that it would be best for Lego to be on a neutral and all appealing line.

2 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Yes, it's definitely a Pride set. I believe it's the colours of the 11-stripe Pride flag. It is an '18+' set though, so it's clearly not aimed at children :)

There's only one body part in it which we haven't yet had unprinted - the Bright Light Blue/Light Royal Blue torso. It should be a good value 'starter set' for monochrome figures though.

For me, it's pink and light blue. Hopefully the torsos will be available in B&P.

Now I am frustrated that I started my collection one year ago. I waited years for Lego to release a monochrome set, only to cave in and hunt them on my own a year before they would start selling them! :laugh:

On the bright side, I think, because this might bring new monochrome collectors into the market, I'm glad I've already done most of my shopping!

6 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

So I wanted to take time to talk about this new set. Now don't get me wrong - I repect everyone and everything, no matter what they are, it's just that when you think about it, kids are innocent and don't know anything about the way world works, so should Lego really make Pride-themed sets? From one point it is good that they show support but from other point comes my question. I think it might be better if Lego stays neutral and makes sets that are meant for literally everyone, as always.

Trying to hide the reality of LGBT by conviction, interest or inconfort is not staying neutral, it's being part of a system that accepts discrimination.

11 minutes ago, samlr said:

Trying to hide the reality of LGBT by conviction, interest or inconfort is not staying neutral, it's being part of a system that accepts discrimination.

I kinda wish that it was a accepted as normal as anything else. Also, I'm not saying that Lego should accept discrimination towards LGBT, I think they have supported various events on social media. Lego has been keeping their cool and well at this point I'm starting to really go off topic and losing my own point alongside with me mind.

What I'm saying is - in my opinion Lego shouldn't make sets that could bring arguments amongst community, due to their beliefs or views on the matter. Opinions are opinions and nothing of this should be taken seriously at any point. I belive in equality just like anyone else, topic such as this is pretty much same as discussion about religious toys.

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I'm just saying that it would be best for Lego to be on a neutral and all appealing line.

If nothing else, this might cause a few people to think about when they say things and how they say them. 

13 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

So I wanted to take time to talk about this new set. Now don't get me wrong - I repect everyone and everything, no matter what they are, it's just that when you think about it, kids are innocent and don't know anything about the way world works, so should Lego really make Pride-themed sets? From one point it is good that they show support but from other point comes my question. I think it might be better if Lego stays neutral and makes sets that are meant for literally everyone, as always.

*who

Just a reminder, as we are in the Minifig Customisation Workshop. Please, keep the discussion in this thread about the actual topic: Monochrome minifigures.

Personal opinions on other, possibly very sensitive, matters, even when associated with official LEGO sets should not be vented here, as they do not concern the customisation aspect.

I'm sure there's a place in our vast forums where this discussion would be more on topic (if there's a lack of a specific thread about the set, Community comes to mind).

Thanks everybody.

This appeared few days ago on Instagram. I'd love to see this head finally come out ! I have no idea from where it come from or even if it's real. Maybe a futur set ? You guy's have any idea ?

51389734809_2d44765338_o_d.png

Any one can help me with those colors ? I seams the trans-"lavender" and 2 of those are clikbits colors. Thanks !

51388236492_0afa24e8d5_o_d.jpg

Asked on the Instagram post when the pic appeared but got no asnwer...

I have one bootleg dark turquoise head but can't say if this one is real lego or not...

Edited by MDM

On 8/19/2021 at 10:19 PM, samlr said:

This appeared few days ago on Instagram. I'd love to see this head finally come out ! I have no idea from where it come from or even if it's real. Maybe a futur set ? You guy's have any idea ?

Any one can help me with those colors ? I seams the trans-"lavender" and 2 of those are clikbits colors. Thanks !

The turquoise will start popping up soon enough most likely. As for those trans blues, the middle two are medium blue and "lake" blue, or officially medium bluish green from what I've been told (color 228 I think). I Should be purchasing them in 2 weeks or so.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, Brickr said:

A fantastic way to get started into monochrome though (just trying to forget the time/cost of putting some of these colours together now ;P).

I have collected monochrome figs since about 2010. I discovered it for myself when playing around with single colour parts and only later found out other people did the same thing. Most of the fun for me was in spotting new parts and tracking them down. In that sense, Everyone is Awesome is a terrible set. It robs people of the fun of the chase, and also sets up expectations that collecting monochromes is as easy as buying them off the shelf. For me, the time (if not the cost!) was well spent.

I have no interest in buying the whole “Everyone is Awesome” set myself. BUT I didn’t know there are monochrome minifigures before “Everyone is Awesome” set was revealed. After seeing monochrome minifigures in that set, I am very interested in collecting a few of them. Right now, I have light blue minifigure. Currently, I do not have a bright yellow head for a headless minifigure. B&P doesn’t have a yellow head in stock yet. I will try to find it in BrickLink eventually. 

Man, monochrome minifigures are more fun than I thought. 

I've seen the dark turquoise head picture, but there's no info at all as to where it's come from. I suspect the head will come out in a future set. I'll add it to my spreadsheet when there's more information about it.

Full Bright Light Yellow fig available from Minifigure Dreams on eBay. Going to just wait on the head for myself.

alu1AqT_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I've also seen a Coral head available now. I've added all three to my spreadsheet, as well as the Trans-medium blue ID 228 figure.

@MDM@steyin and @Paperballpark: thank you for your answers !

So - where are the new heads (BLY/Coral)actually from? :look:

Three new heads where sold on BL few days ago : Turquoise, Bright Light Yellow and Coral. The person who sells them has indirect access to factory employee production and factory stock. So two options :

- those will appear in futur sets; Matthew Ashton, who designed the monochrome set lead to believe there will be an other set and a CMF series. Those could also come from canceled Vidiyo 2022 sets or any other 2022 sets.
 - or those are factory production; the person who makes them also produce solid color parts.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say Bright Light Yellow is a unofficial factory production because he sells the full minifigure and Turquoise and Coral are from futur sets.

Last minute information; Matthew Ashton possibly teased the rumored Muppet Show CMF.

Edited by samlr
Add quote

Many thanks for your excel @Paperballpark, really useful.

Checking your recent updates just noticed that you could as well include that plain magenta torso (including arms) is available from Lego BnP part number 6299170 . It appears in the Spike Educational set 45345   

That Cool Yellow minifig is tempting... Winnie the pooh's idea089 is at the 8-ish $ plus delivery so not a terrible deal. But I worry that it could be the first step down the rabbit hole to factory & prototypes...

Here are the two new trans-blue monochormes with the rest of the collection ! I'll try to get better pictures this weekend.51469150185_8c883a2313_o_d.jpg

Edited by samlr

On 9/13/2021 at 5:11 PM, samlr said:

Here are the two new trans-blue monochormes with the rest of the collection ! I'll try to get better pictures this weekend.

This makes me so glad I am not a completionist! I am sure that many of these are a pain to find!

On 9/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, MDM said:

Great trans monochrome collection!!

Thanks !

23 hours ago, BrickHat said:

This makes me so glad I am not a completionist! I am sure that many of these are a pain to find!

A bit complicated to get but it's fun ! Those are not official so it's a very "specific" collection.

Need David to get the medium blue and medium bluish green in stock again so I can order. Don't wanna bother him since his daughter was just born.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:04 PM, bitbamboo said:

Many thanks for your excel @Paperballpark, really useful.

Checking your recent updates just noticed that you could as well include that plain magenta torso (including arms) is available from Lego BnP part number 6299170 . It appears in the Spike Educational set 45345   

Thanks for that! It's quite difficult to notice new unprinted parts.