der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I don't care either way. They are not genuine RETAIL parts so of no interest to me. If others want to pay such high prices for made-for-the-market pieces, whether outright fake or in-house "nightshift", it is up to them.

I doubt anyone that works for LEGO knows exactly what goes on in every part of the company. One person might well say it would be impossible to do such and such, when another will know that they can get away with doing something they are not meant to.

Fully agree!

Let's hope it is proper glow in the dark parts, and not just a glow in the dark print like previous figures.

On 4/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, BrickHat said:

I think maybe his hands are white, but for the most part a GITD monochrome will now be possible!

This is exactly what I think. I think everything except his hands will be Glow in the Dark.

New colours in the new 2021 Vidiyo sets - Trans-Dark Pink and Trans-Light Blue Legs, as well as both arms in Coral (left arm is new).

10 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

New colours in the new 2021 Vidiyo sets - Trans-Dark Pink and Trans-Light Blue Legs, as well as both arms in Coral (left arm is new).

Are those lavender legs too?! (or medium lav?)

1 hour ago, Brickr said:

Are those lavender legs too?! (or medium lav?)

Blue dragon has lavender legs if I'm not wrong. Fairy with pink wings probably are lavender too.

Edited by MDM

Yes there's Lavender legs, but Ninjago this year already introduced them :)

There is a left arm in Trans-Bright Green though...

10 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Yes there's Lavender legs, but Ninjago this year already introduced them :)

There is a left arm in Trans-Bright Green though...

I can't see any 'Lavender' legs on Bricklink only 'Medium Lavender' which were used for the Ninjago Goblin-like minifigs... are you sure that there are legs in Lavender? (I'm be delighted to be wrong on this)... Lavender hips were released with one of the latest Luna Lovegood minifigures but that's all I can find.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, BrickHat said:

Oh shoot didn't realize this! I think maybe his hands are white, but for the most part a GITD monochrome will now be possible!

Didn't we have a glow in the dark figure already in the form of the 2021 mummy from monster fighters?

45 minutes ago, CaptainSerMig said:

Didn't we have a glow in the dark figure already in the form of the 2021 mummy from monster fighters?

The MF Mummy had glow in the dark print, rather than GITD parts.

8 hours ago, Brickr said:

I can't see any 'Lavender' legs on Bricklink only 'Medium Lavender' which were used for the Ninjago Goblin-like minifigs... are you sure that there are legs in Lavender? (I'm be delighted to be wrong on this)... Lavender hips were released with one of the latest Luna Lovegood minifigures but that's all I can find.

The Ninjago sets with lavender figures are new, probably not added to bricklink yet

Edited by MDM

Latest update... really wanted to display them compact so found a really cool transparent 16 x 16 base plate, leaves 4 more spaces... hopefully for GID (New nearly-headless Nick) and any others in the future.

Still needing:

1. Dark Turquoise head

2. BL Yellow head

3. Pearl D Grey hands

4. Yellowish Green hips

5. Lavender hips and legs

6. Coral head, arms, hands and legs

51145926502_250263402c_c.jpg

Edited by Brickr

On 4/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, Paperballpark said:

This is exactly what I think. I think everything except his hands will be Glow in the Dark.

The hands are white 😔

On 4/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, Brickr said:

The lavender minifigures are available, but not when you search "Ninjago". 

Try searching "the island". The eleven Ninjago figures will show, including the lavender figures. 

Hope it helps (lavender hips, only for Luna minifigure)

Edited by MDM

Looking forward to the GitD fig, but not for the agony of not having hands for it!

I've updated my spreadsheet with new parts from the Vidiyo and Harry Potter ranges. A couple of parts that were previously only printed (e.g. Nougat Hips) are now available plain.

The latest leak doing the rounds is set 40516 “Everyone Is Awesome”. Complete with 11 monochrome minifigs on a rainbow coloured base and each with hair. Looks like a neat set and could make more people interested in collecting more colours. No particularly hard colours included so it makes it a reasonably priced set.

So I wanted to take time to talk about this new set. Now don't get me wrong - I repect everyone and everything, no matter what they are, it's just that when you think about it, kids are innocent and don't know anything about the way world works, so should Lego really make Pride-themed sets? From one point it is good that they show support but from other point comes my question. I think it might be better if Lego stays neutral and makes sets that are meant for literally everyone, as always.

2 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

So I wanted to take time to talk about this new set. Now don't get me wrong - I repect everyone and everything, no matter what they are, it's just that when you think about it, kids are innocent and don't know anything about the way world works, so should Lego really make Pride-themed sets? From one point it is good that they show support but from other point comes my question. I think it might be better if Lego stays neutral and makes sets that are meant for literally everyone, as always.

This set IS meant for literally everyone (the clue is in the name of the set), and I think reading anything more into it is very much just an extension of individual opinions/beliefs...

I hadn’t even considered a pride connection until reading your comment, the rainbow was adopted by the pride movement, and I think it goes without saying that not every product featuring a rainbow has an LGBTQ agenda.

also, brown white and black are not traditional rainbow colours so I’d say it shows more of a colour spectrum.

A fantastic way to get started into monochrome though (just trying to forget the time/cost of putting some of these colours together now ;P).

1 minute ago, Brickr said:

I hadn’t even considered a pride connection until reading your comment, the rainbow was adopted by the pride movement, and I think it goes without saying that not every product featuring a rainbow has an LGBTQ agenda.

If I remember correctly, they are releasing this set on June to coincide with Pride month. Also I think the name was meant to represent equality.

I do agree with your points about the colours and surely this is a fine way to start a monochrome collection.

I might've exaggerated my comment earlier, though I stand by my point. At the end of the day it's such a little thing to worry about. :wink:

Yes, it's definitely a Pride set. I believe it's the colours of the 11-stripe Pride flag. It is an '18+' set though, so it's clearly not aimed at children :)

There's only one body part in it which we haven't yet had unprinted - the Bright Light Blue/Light Royal Blue torso. It should be a good value 'starter set' for monochrome figures though.

5 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I think your choice of "what" versus "who" shows a lack of respect, no?  Perhaps sets like this will help to foster more respect for everyone, instead of passing down biases from one generation to the next, whether intentional or not.  Are you this upset about holiday sets or those showing heterosexual couples with children?