der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

I think I see a right arm in Vibrant Coral in the new CMF series. Not sure about any other new recolours yet though.

52 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

I think I see a right arm in Vibrant Coral in the new CMF series. Not sure about any other new recolours yet though.

That was the first thing I saw too. Nothing else minifigure-wise looks like a new colour this round. I hope they release the left arm one day! Lots of accessory recolours though.

So I assume with Trolls Minifigures we will get hands and torsos in new colors, I am kinda disappointed that they come in medium legs.

I would have loved more medium legs as well, but I’ll take new (single colour) short legs too! It looks like we will also be getting Coral arms and hands (some people think it looks like dark pink but I feel it is Coral) and also Dark Turquoise hands again. These used to be rare and expensive -  someone had 1000 on Bricklink last week, and they had the Light Flesh hips a while back (before anyone else). So these Dark Turquoise hands must be coming on this minifigure. I really like the Coral colour and I’m happy we keep getting new parts ?

Edited by Coopa182
Clarity

5 hours ago, Coopa182 said:

and they had the Light Flesh hips a while back. So they must be coming on this minifigure.?

Are any of the trolls light flesh though? They all seem to be very brightly coloured, so light flesh hips would seem out of place here.

7 hours ago, MAB said:

Are any of the trolls light flesh though? They all seem to be very brightly coloured, so light flesh hips would seem out of place here.

No I’m meaning the same seller had Light Flesh hips before, and now have a huge quantity of Dark Turquoise hands, so they somehow have access to parts early. I've edited my post as I was tired when I wrote it and understand it sounded like I said Light Flesh hips were in this new theme, when I meant Dark Turquoise hands.

Edited by Coopa182

We should be getting a minifig with torso, arms, hands and head in Coral with the next wave of Ninjago ! Missing only one leg the legs!

Edited by samlr

6 hours ago, samlr said:

We should be getting a minifig with torso, arms, hands and head in Coral with the next wave of Ninjago ! Missing only one leg !

Oh nice thanks for sharing this! So there will only be one Coral leg like how there was only one Coral arm in the latest CMF?

5 hours ago, Coopa182 said:

Oh nice thanks for sharing this! So there will only be one Coral leg like how there was only one Coral arm in the latest CMF?

Sorry, I did a mistake, the two legs are missing. We will have the head, arms, torso and hands from the next Ninjago wave and the hips from the Series 19 disguised teddy bear. I though there was a leg in the upcoming series, but no ...

17 hours ago, samlr said:

Sorry, I did a mistake, the two legs are missing. We will have the head, arms, torso and hands from the next Ninjago wave and the hips from the Series 19 disguised teddy bear. I though there was a leg in the upcoming series, but no ...

That’s a shame about the legs. At least we have the hips (I got them from Kitty Pop with half Coral / half Light Aqua legs already) - surely the legs won’t take forever to come out, fingers crossed anyway! The head will be very welcome too as that is often one of the last parts to be made.

Here's my collection so far. Sharing this as motivation for anyone who was like me and thought 'no way I'll get together even a fraction of these'. I only started a few months ago after taking apart a lot of CMF and going through all figures and realizing that I had a bunch of un-printed torsos and could swap a few arms and hands around. Not doing any 'wiping'. Long way to go but pretty happy with the collection from just finding most of the parts in my collection hidden under costumed figures or that came in sets and were forgotten.

48998411257_7c96dd06c6_z.jpg

@koalayummies, I’m not into monochromes myself but I can see the appeal. Must say that your collection so far is very cool! I especially like the colour matched hat, hair, body-wear and accessory pieces.

Your display will look fantastic when it’s complete. I haven’t checked, but I’m pretty sure you can get most - perhaps all - of the missing parts on BrickLink.

Looking forwards to an updated picture when it’s all done. ?

9 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I especially like the colour matched hat, hair, body-wear and accessory pieces.

Absolutely seconded! :wub:
The way you brick-built the frame is also a nice way to present the figures.

And the photo itself: Crisp and clear - perfect! :thumbup:

On 11/1/2019 at 5:38 PM, AmperZand said:

@koalayummies, I’m not into monochromes myself but I can see the appeal. Must say that your collection so far is very cool! I especially like the colour matched hat, hair, body-wear and accessory pieces.

Your display will look fantastic when it’s complete. I haven’t checked, but I’m pretty sure you can get most - perhaps all - of the missing parts on BrickLink.

Looking forwards to an updated picture when it’s all done. ?

15 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Absolutely seconded! :wub:
The way you brick-built the frame is also a nice way to present the figures.

And the photo itself: Crisp and clear - perfect! :thumbup:

Thanks both of you! I thought it would be a fun way to display the small number of still-not-complete figures I have and I can't really foresee using some of those brightly colored hairpieces and accessories. From here on out I'm with the rest of this thread in anxiously waiting the remainder of parts to complete minifigure rainbow.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:54 PM, koalayummies said:

Here's my collection so far. Sharing this as motivation for anyone who was like me and thought 'no way I'll get together even a fraction of these'. I only started a few months ago after taking apart a lot of CMF and going through all figures and realizing that I had a bunch of un-printed torsos and could swap a few arms and hands around.

I started by doing something similar, just swapping around body parts and realising I could make a figure out of only one colour. Then did it again. I am sure many people have "invented" monochrome figures in the past only to find out others do it too. I know I had done about 15 of them before I even knew that monochrome minifigures was a thing.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

I know I had done about 15 of them before I even knew that monochrome minifigures was a thing.

It can be quite disappointing when you think you have invented something only to discover that someone else got there first. ? Before the internet age, you could go on thinking you were the first indefinitely. Ignorance, as they say, is bliss. Nowadays, it takes moments to discover you may not be as original as you thought.

With apologies to the OP for being OT: It can also be quite annoying when you create something and LEGO creates something suspiciously similar a few years later. You can never be sure if LEGO was 'inspired' by you. ?

Projet Star Wars Monochrome in progress 26 out of 46

49013564858_5ab73ba0b4_o_d.jpg

Admiral Ackbar (Dark Orange)
Asajj Ventress (Pearl Gold)
Ashoka Tano (White)
Barriss Offee (Dark Purple)
Bib Fortuna (Light Flesh)
Boba Fett (Green)
C-3PO (Pearl Light Gold)
Captain Phasma (Flat Silver)
Captain Rex (Orange)
Darth Mole (Black)
Gamorrean Guard (Sand Green)
Grand Admiral Thrawn (Dark Blue)
Grand Moff Trakin (Light Bluish Gray)
Greedo (Dark Turquoise)
Imperial Officer (Dark Gray)
Lobot (Bright Pink)
Luke Skywalker (Olive Green)
Max Rebo (Dark Azure)
Naboo Pilot (Magenta)
Nute Gunray (Dark Bluish Gray)
Poggle (Dark Tan)
Qi'Ra (Dark Pink)
Ree-Yee (Tan)
Sabine Wren (Dark Red)
Senate Guard (Blue)
Shadow Trooper (Dark Pearl Gray)

Is the Coral coloured Ninjago minifigure still to be released? I’ve noticed a Dark Pink one in the latest sets but nothing Coral looking.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, Coopa182 said:

Is the Coral coloured Ninjago minifigure still to be released? I’ve noticed a Dark Pink one in the latest sets but nothing Coral looking.

Do you have a picture or a set number?

I have to apologize, I was so exited to have a coral monochrome and I saw a soon to be released ninjago minifig which seamed to be coral. After having seen other pictures, I have to admit, I was wrong ...

On 1/31/2020 at 11:01 PM, samlr said:

I have to apologize, I was so exited to have a coral monochrome and I saw a soon to be released ninjago minifig which seamed to be coral. After having seen other pictures, I have to admit, I was wrong ...

Damn, oh well it seems to be a popular colour and being used in lots of sets, so I have hope we will get closer to completing this colour in the future. A lot of renders make it really hard to determine some colours too.

On 4/11/2017 at 12:44 AM, cebelicamya said:

Yeah I read his book on internet that is why i started collecting these. ... I think his book is great guide to start on collecting monochrome minifigures. ...

Wow I can't believe the book is now gone and is selling for $49 . Thank god i saved screenshots :) 

On 4/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, Holodoc said:

Me too! :grin:

On 4/25/2017 at 9:57 AM, Coopa182 said:

I've just started down this trail too. The Monofigs ebook was so helpful, but appears to be gone now (only available at a cost). Luckily I took quite a few screen shots and noted down all I needed to know while it was available,

Hello together, as the book is sold out at the moment, would someone of you so nice and share the screenshots with me?

I would like to begin with collecting monofigs,too =)

Thank you in advance !

I sent you a PM. But maybe you will have to write 10 posts to be able to see it... :look:

On 2/16/2019 at 10:30 PM, Paperballpark said:

I've spent a little bit of time modifying my spreadsheet so that it's suitable for anyone to use as a reference to what (I believe) is available.

As an aside, there are two colours on there (both transparent) which don't currently have any parts available at all. However, given they are current colours, I thought I'd include them anyway.

I haven't differentiated between parts which are available with and without printing, as that's quite difficult - there will always be parts which aren't officially available without printing, but which show up anyway.

If anyone spots a mistake, or believes there's a part available that I haven't noted, please let me know.

The link to download it is here.

My spreadsheet is still available via the above link. As far as I'm aware it's completely up to date. Let me know if there's some parts out there which aren't noted on my spreadsheet!