der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

I've spent a little bit of time modifying my spreadsheet so that it's suitable for anyone to use as a reference to what (I believe) is available.

As an aside, there are two colours on there (both transparent) which don't currently have any parts available at all. However, given they are current colours, I thought I'd include them anyway.

I haven't differentiated between parts which are available with and without printing, as that's quite difficult - there will always be parts which aren't officially available without printing, but which show up anyway.

If anyone spots a mistake, or believes there's a part available that I haven't noted, please let me know.

The link to download it is here.

Hi!

How much money do you think that is a good deal to buy the whole collection with the 42 monochrome minifigures (chrome red and chrome gold included?

Number 40 fully complete. I got a complete Light Flesh minifigure from BrickLink. The torso, arms, hands and head were slightly off compared to the hips and legs that came with it - luckily I already had one made without the hips so I swapped them over and it looks perfect. Hips appear genuine with logo etc.

SsAgmtR.jpg

Well done, that's still one missing mcm (monochrome minifig :wink:) in my list.

These light flesh hips and legs are more and more popping up on Bricklink (for absurd prices). Does anybody have an idea which set they come from? :look:

^not a clue. I got mine from a seller in Singapore. As per above, seems completely genuine when compared with other colours.

My collection is complete now, I just need to wipe three parts. 40 colours, plus the Chrome Gold and Chrome Red keyring figs.

8 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

^not a clue. I got mine from a seller in Singapore. As per above, seems completely genuine when compared with other colours.

My collection is complete now, I just need to wipe three parts. 40 colours, plus the Chrome Gold and Chrome Red keyring figs.

Merlion store too? This is my 40th, plus I have a few nearly there ones such as flat silver, yellowish green etc. The new Coral colour looks fantastic, torso and hips in the new CMF and I hope they make more bits soon. I have the gold chrome key ring coming but not the red one yet. One day :)

Yeah Merlion. I got a few parts from there. I already had the chrome gold keyring, but I bought the chrome red one from a european seller for about £7 or so. Not too bad considering the price of some parts!

I forgot to post this in here when I completed it a few weeks ago:

y6pbz7q45mqq.jpg

I'm also pretty close to my goal of owning every minifig part possible in every colour possible. I have a few orders still to arrive, but pretty soon I'll only be missing prototype parts and really expensive parts like Chrome Black...

Here's a photo of all the rest of the figs I own:

47481715581_1c6193934d_b.jpg

I've also found something here in the UK which is amazing for wiping parts.

It's called Quixx, plastic polish for acrylic glass. It's in an orange tube.

I've wiped four torsos and four legs with it in the last hour. It wipes torsos very easily, and leaves no marks or extra polish at all.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:45 PM, Paperballpark said:

It's called Quixx, plastic polish for acrylic glass. It's in an orange tube.

Thank you very much for the information, I'll look out for it in Germany. :thumbup:

The most problematic part is the feet imho. It's sometimes a pain in the ... to wipe the inner edges at the legs :hmpf_bad:

On 3/28/2019 at 10:32 AM, Paperballpark said:

I'm also pretty close to my goal of owning every minifig part possible in every colour possible. I have a few orders still to arrive, but pretty soon I'll only be missing prototype parts and really expensive parts like Chrome Black...

I’ve been slowly doing this too, do you have a list of all the colours?

Is the 4th from the left bottom one Dark Turquoise? Rare and expensive hands on that one, and most Mera’s get snapped up as soon as they appear on BrickLink. A bit hard to bite the bullet on that one.

10 hours ago, Coopa182 said:

I’ve been slowly doing this too, do you have a list of all the colours?

I second the request for the names of the colours to the figs. I sometimes struggle to name the correct colour. :look:

42 complete minifigs in different colours is really impressive. EDIT: I just realized it's 'only' 40 complete figs. :wink:

There's a full list of colours and what is available in each in the spreadsheet I made available, which is linked in an earlier post.

In terms of the photo, I'm not going to name the top row as I think the transparent ones can be worked out.

Middle row, left to right: Medium Lavender, Violet, Coral, Chrome Silver, Sky Blue, Light Purple, Blue-Violet, Dark Flesh, Glow in Dark Trans, Glow in Dark White.

Bottom row: Pearl Light Gold, Pearl Dark Grey, Flat Silver, Dark Turquoise, Sand Purple, Yellowish Green, Sand Red, Medium Orange, Pink, Bright Light Yellow, Purple.

11 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

There's a full list of colours and what is available in each in the spreadsheet I made available, which is linked in an earlier post.

In terms of the photo, I'm not going to name the top row as I think the transparent ones can be worked out.

Middle row, left to right: Medium Lavender, Violet, Coral, Chrome Silver, Sky Blue, Light Purple, Blue-Violet, Dark Flesh, Glow in Dark Trans, Glow in Dark White.

Bottom row: Pearl Light Gold, Pearl Dark Grey, Flat Silver, Dark Turquoise, Sand Purple, Yellowish Green, Sand Red, Medium Orange, Pink, Bright Light Yellow, Purple.

Awesome thanks. I like the sand colours like purple and wish they used it more.

Thanks for the names to the second photo. :thumbup:
Still I'd like to know what is on the first of your photos (the minifigs which are complete) :wink:

40 complete figs - I'm stuck with 38 :look: and can't figure out what I am missing.

I'll try to remember to do it on a computer tomorrow. Doing it on my phone would just be too painful, scrolling up and down all the time...

23 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Thanks for the names to the second photo. :thumbup:
Still I'd like to know what is on the first of your photos (the minifigs which are complete) :wink:

40 complete figs - I'm stuck with 38 :look: and can't figure out what I am missing.

In alphabetical order:

Black, Blue, Bright Green, Bright Light Blue, Bright Light Orange, Bright Pink, Brown, Dark Azure, Dark Blue, Dark Bluish Gray, Dark Brown, Dark Gray, Dark Green, Dark Orange, Dark Pink, Dark Purple, Dark Red, Dark Tan, Flesh, Green, Light Aqua,  Light Bluish Gray, Light Grey, Light Flesh, Lime, Magenta, Medium Azure, Medium Blue, Medium Dark Flesh, Medium Lavender, Olive Green, Orange, Pearl Gold, Red, Reddish Brown, Sand Blue, Sand Green, Tan, White, and Yellow.

There is also the chrome red and chrome gold key ring ones in the pic, giving 42 all up. Hopefully you’ve kept a list of your 38 and can work out what’s left.

Got it, thanks! :thumbup:

Okay - how did you manage to get hold of light flesh and medium lavender hips? :look: 
That are the ones I'm still looking for.

Light Flesh hips recently started popping up on BrickLink; they were discussed further up the page just recently. Medium lavender Hips are readily available, the Legs are only available from Batzarro.

On 4/3/2019 at 8:37 PM, Coopa182 said:

Light Flesh hips recently started popping up on BrickLink; they were discussed further up the page just recently. Medium lavender Hips are readily available, the Legs are only available from Batzarro.

Yep, but still we don't know where the origin of this parts is and I have problems finding medium lavender hips on BL. :look:

25 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

Yep, but still we don't know where the origin of this parts is and I have problems finding medium lavender hips on BL. :look:

This brings up a few for me: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=Medium lavender hips#T=A

Batman movie CMF has been a good source lately: Calculator, and both Wonder twins Jayna and Zan. Also Crayon girl from the most recent LEGO Movie CMF which also gives you plain torso and arms.

The Light Flesh hips is a mystery, I haven’t seen any minifigs using them yet. Perhaps it was a test run or something that was coming but got scrapped? 2 sellers on BL currently have 556 and 246 of them combined as hips and legs!

You learn every day! :blush:

Thank you so much for showing me another way to search for parts on BL! :thumbup:

I always went for '970c00' and found nothing. By the way it ends up with "nothing" if you follow the link of second entry (medium lavender hips and legs). There are no hips and legs in that colour - still 3 people sell them. :wacko:

On 4/12/2017 at 3:00 AM, Holodoc said:

... so I chose to buy Viking's shields and removed the printing with Brasso...

A moment of silence and reflection as I absorb the shock and process the pain of what I have just seen... :cry_sad:

I knew venturing into these threads would hurt, I just didn't know it would hurt so much.  Okay, I'm done mourning... maybe. :wacko:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This thread is fantastic, and even makes me want to start my own collection.  Although, I see like all art, there will be a cost. 

Great work everyone!  I hope to make my own variation of an idea with this information.

When you have been hurt once, the pain decreases every time you do it - trust me! :wink::devil_laugh:

Honestly I don't mind at all to have chosen this way. It's still genuine LEGO after all. :grin: