der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

10 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Once again I doubt this is bright pink.
It's really hard to determine from a non-calibrated photo, but I say it's dark pink. Unless corrected. :wink:

You can tell it from this hair, which is also on the photo:

This has only been made in dark pink (and black).

Yes it is dark pink, sorry, my mistake. I am always confused with pink shades. 

Edited by cebelicamya

I visited Bricks and pieces site and there are new additions: 

-orange, dark pink and purple torsos

-purple (lego says medium lilac), light aqua and dark azure plain heads

DesignID:3626 for all colors of plain heads available

26452424987_eabbeb12d1_n_d.jpg

Very soon we are getting bright pink? plain head, i believe it hasn't been released in this color yet.

10261_Prod_20180425.jpg

6 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Very soon we are getting bright pink? plain head, i believe it hasn't been released in this color yet.

Where did you spot the bright pink head? :look:

Nevertheless good news! :wub:

If you zoom in to cotton candy seller and look closely at the pink "beehive" you will see a pink plain head atached at the top. It is more visible on the one that is attached to cotton candy vending machine.

52 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

Where did you spot the bright pink head? :look:

Nevertheless good news! :wub:

Edited by cebelicamya

My collection so far:

Was a dark brown head ever made?

27955774398_32eca2177f_c_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

Quick update on my collection - the figs had to move over to a bigger frame :cry_happy::

40022932650_1a77b633eb.jpg

and the gaps soon will be filled with my w-i-p's:

26961656167_0807b7fbc3.jpg

I am very close to complete dark azure, flesh and bright pink - all the missing elements are part of the actual palette. :wub:

Yet some Brasso treatment to do. :innocent:

4 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

My collection so far:

Was a dark brown head ever made?

Yes, three different ones in the Chima range. Not plain, but wipeable.

4 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Quick update on my collection - the figs had to move over to a bigger frame :cry_happy::

Your collection looks so good ? ?, I especially like that you added hairpieces. And it is almost completed according to monofigs site, which has 38 figs listed, so you only need a few.( i am at number 14, but i do collect only plain pieces not printed, so i will probably need years to get to your level,lol) 

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Yes, three different ones in the Chima range. Not plain, but wipeable.

Thanx, so i will have to wait for plain head to come out in some future set

Hello monochrome fans.

I’ve just recently started down this rabbit hole too... I’ve completed some of the easier figures and I’m not against wiping parts. I'm now planning to move onto some more of the brighter colours - greens, oranges and pinks etc, but trying to find the parts on Bricklink is challenging - it looks like I’ll be spending more on postage than the parts themselves!

I’m quite enjoying the challenge of finding the individual parts, but can’t help feeling there is a more efficient way of doing things. I really wish I hadn’t missed out on the ebook guide when it was freely available as I could probably use the help but $50 seems a bit steep! Well done to those that got screen shots ??

Anyway, here’s my progress so far, with the addition of a dark pink to be added once the postman has been ;)

6B7F8DAC-BB31-4BD6-9A2F-670ADBA107F8.jpeg

On 1.6.2018 at 2:12 PM, workshybum said:

Hello monochrome fans.

I’ve just recently started down this rabbit hole too... I’ve completed some of the easier figures and I’m not against wiping parts. I'm now planning to move onto some more of the brighter colours - greens, oranges and pinks etc, but trying to find the parts on Bricklink is challenging - it looks like I’ll be spending more on postage than the parts themselves!

I’m quite enjoying the challenge of finding the individual parts, but can’t help feeling there is a more efficient way of doing things. I really wish I hadn’t missed out on the ebook guide when it was freely available as I could probably use the help but $50 seems a bit steep! Well done to those that got screen shots ??

This is looking very good so far! :thumbup:

And yes, you are about to spend a nice amount of money when you dig in the monochrome whole a bit further. The only advice I can give is: patience.
And you are still starting, so there should be a lot of parts you still have to buy or get hold of otherwise. Add the parts you are looking for in one order reduces costs. :wink:  But I have a feeling you know that already... :laugh:

The e-book was indeed a nice freebie as long as it lasted. I would not recommend to spend 50 bucks on it. With help of the search engine and Bricklink you`ll get almost the same information.

I see this is you very first post here on Eurobricks! Welcome! You have chosen the best subforum to start with... :grin:
It's always nice to get to know a bit more about the members here. Mind telling a bit more about yourself here?

15 hours ago, Holodoc said:

This is looking very good so far! :thumbup:

And yes, you are about to spend a nice amount of money when you dig in the monochrome whole a bit further. The only advice I can give is: patience.
And you are still starting, so there should be a lot of parts you still have to buy or get hold of otherwise. Add the parts you are looking for in one order reduces costs. :wink:  But I have a feeling you know that already... :laugh:

The e-book was indeed a nice freebie as long as it lasted. I would not recommend to spend 50 bucks on it. With help of the search engine and Bricklink you`ll get almost the same information.

I see this is you very first post here on Eurobricks! Welcome! You have chosen the best subforum to start with... :grin:
It's always nice to get to know a bit more about the members here. Mind telling a bit more about yourself here?

Thanks! Yes I’ve just submitted a few rather large orders on Bricklink which should provide me with about 5 more complete figs -patience isn’t my strongest point ?, but I’m going to have to slow it down some now I’m getting to the less common colours!

Yes first post here indeed, I’m more of a lurker than a poster I’m afraid, but I’ll head over and introduce myself on the other thread. Thanks for the warm welcome ?

My latest addition to the collection. :wub:

41747830445_730bea9fab_b.jpg

After some heay Brasso use.
Doctor Phosphorus was really hard work. :hmpf_bad: I hate to de-Brasso the legs and I am still not satisfied with the result (marks on the bends). Nice though that the upper part of the legs is not dual-molded.
The hands of the flat silver figure are still dbg, I decided to leave them on the torso as long as no silver ones exist.

Wow, some great colours there! I think I’ll go for Dark Orange next. Doctor Phosphorus is great but I think I’ll wait for the hips to appear in that colour before I go ahead with him. 

Wiping legs is a bit of a challenge, I’ve found too. I’m not using Brasso, I find I get good results using a simple pencil eraser and you can also get right into the creases of the legs too. For stubborn printing, I use a bit of water with it which seems to keep it shiny. I’ve also heard that 3000 grit wet and dry paper leaves a great shiny finish with no remnants of the printing to be seen, but I have yet to try this. 

Now that I have enough figs completed that it actually looks like a collection I think I’m going to slow things down a bit. I have a tendency to get a bit carried away at the beginning, so I’ll heed your advice and try to be patient ?

Here’s how it looks so far, the Bright Light Orange is missing hands as the seller forgot to put them in the bag, but I should be receiving them soon.

8B034C51-0278-42ED-9C29-D12F24ED3608.jpeg

Edited by workshybum
Typo

18 hours ago, workshybum said:

8B034C51-0278-42ED-9C29-D12F24ED3608.jpeg

Very nice shot! :wub:
You also managed to get the bright light orange head, which is really hard to get. Bravo!

9 hours ago, Coopa182 said:

I found getting the Parademon is a good idea for Bright Light Orange

Thank you very much for this information! Now on my wanted list. :wink:

Yeah, that’s what I was going to suggest too, although I actually used parademon head and hands, with fire suit torso assembly and legs - it just worked out better this way for me with BrickLink orders I already had open. 

hey, nice! i love the tan and grey monochrome, since i can use clear decals and it looks great... i just need to pick me up some from bricklink. :)

I just finished my 37th one with Bright Pink. Medium Lavender and Magenta were recently completed too.

C51884_FD_1755_4_B94_9_E77_BEDF9_CFE5_A8

7_D049_A28_AF4_A_4_ED6_8_C1_E_04_A49_EEF

2277_A88_A_AC8_D_4420_9279_7_F92_A8_FA10

42741_C61_878_F_4_F71_BDAF_B3_F1_B6_CA61

29_D98_E3_A_8882_4_AD8_880_D_5206_C32_A1

D7_CB2048_5_FB1_4984_999_B_60_A4_E86_C3_

I'm also getting short legs together, here's what I have so far:

71844_E91_08_EC_4754_90_AD_899_FCD136011

3 needing either hands or hips to be made (middle is Flat Silver with DBG hands):

8_E300000_4_B18_4660_AD17_DDA4291_ECEAB.

^ Fantastic collection. Next you’ll have to work on the new medium legs Lego have just introduced... will it ever end?! ?

I’ve now got 27 complete and two partly complete. I need medium lavendar legs and light aqua arms, but I can’t bring myself to pay for the full figures just to dismember them!

Thanks workshybum, I'm planning on getting the new medium legs and dress pieces too as they become available. I really hope they continue these in the future in lots of different colours. I had to bite the bullet and buy Carina & Batzarro but I did take my time and wait for a good price on Bricklink, and used a store that had other bits I wanted to spread the shipping cost a bit! Taken a while to get this far and I don't regret it at all!

On 7/22/2018 at 11:05 AM, Coopa182 said:

I just finished my 37th one with Bright Pink. Medium Lavender and Magenta were recently completed too.

Very nice collection (and photos) indeed! :wub:

And you have got the magenta legs! :thumbup: Well done. Where did you take them from?

Taken a while to get this far and I don't regret it at all!

Absolutely seconded!