der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

1 hour ago, Coopa182 said:

It's a fun and entertaining exercise, and I find myself thoroughly checking each new wave of Minifigures and sets for new parts, such as the light aqua arms with the Silent Mary set.

I here you! It's the same here.
In two days I'll be in the 'Fabrik' in Legoland Germany. I can't wait to see which body parts they have.

On 12. april 2017 at 10:00 AM, Holodoc said:

I do have another piggy guy as well, but for the same reason like you I won't sacrifice him just for the legs. (Even if I have to pay 5€ just for them ... :hmpf_bad: )

The bright light orange Torso cand be found in older (2012) firemen sets or series 14 tiger lady or LEGO Batman movie Eraser.
The bright orange hands were the problem: They are pretty rare, but I found them for 2€ each.

Brasso is perfect for removing the printings without harming the ABS underneath.

For the elves set:You are referring to this set?

It comes with a magazine. I'm not sure if the minifig head really is magenta, but I will give it a try.  

EDIT: Bought the 'set' - it IS magenta!:thumbup:
And you tell me after I ordered this head 3626cpb1691.jpgfor 'just' 2,90€ :wall::laugh:

Thank you so much for very detailed explanation ( and with photos :) ) of brasso printing removal. Well done! Now i kinda like the brasso thing. And sorry for a late reply about the elves set, I am glad it is magenta, had some doubts, now i will have to buy the set also and sell the ugly squirrel on ebay. How much was it? And if you haven't remove the printing on the head you ordered I suggest you sell it. :) 

Edited by cebelicamya

12 hours ago, Coopa182 said:

I've just started down this trail too. The Monofigs ebook was so helpful, but appears to be gone now (only available at a cost). Luckily I took quite a few screen shots and noted down all I needed to know while it was available, and I made Bricklink wanted lists for each colour I planned on completing (or starting). I am currently waiting on 4 Bricklink orders to arrive which gives me around 80% of the parts I needed. I'm skipping some of the more difficult colours (I also can't sacrifice Piggy Guy for his legs!) and Iuckily I don't feel the urge to have to complete each colour! It's a fun and entertaining exercise, and I find myself thoroughly checking each new wave of Minifigures and sets for new parts, such as the light aqua arms with the Silent Mary set. I'll post some images when my orders arrive. I'll give the brasso method a try, but at first I will just turn each head and torso around so you see the plain side from the front.

wow, I also made a screen shots of the whole ebook! You should also check bricks and pieces, I just made a haul there, I ve ordered plain red, white, blue torso ( sadly with yellow hands) and all plain dark brown and brown torso, also there is plain dark tan torso with dark orange hands. Heads were available couple months ago, but now they are out of stock, don't know why, luckily I got them when they were available. ( I posted picture of them and the legs i ordered in my first post)

I am also always checking new wave of minifigures for new parts. The new series 17 has a green monofigure almost, if you remove corn and add green head and hands. I am sad that I missed the dark red plain torso and dark blue torso from previous minifigure series, I think it was series 4 hockey player and series 8 conquistador. I hope that the silent Mary torso will be available on BAP. I am happy to see that beside me others have fun in finding and collecting pieces for monofigs. 

11 hours ago, Holodoc said:

I here you! It's the same here.
In two days I'll be in the 'Fabrik' in Legoland Germany. I can't wait to see which body parts they have.

Please do report here if you find some interesting body parts for monochrome figures! I will be very happy :) Hope you find some parts that are rare!

Edited by cebelicamya

13 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

wow, I also made a screen shots of the whole ebook! You should also check bricks and pieces, I just made a haul there, I ve ordered plain red, white, blue torso ( sadly with yellow hands) and all plain dark brown and brown torso, also there is plain dark tan torso with dark orange hands. Heads were available couple months ago, but now they are out of stock, don't know why, luckily I got them when they were available. ( I posted picture of them and the legs i ordered in my first post)

I am also always checking new wave of minifigures for new parts. The new series 17 has a green monofigure almost, if you remove corn and add green head and hands. I am sad that I missed the dark red plain torso and dark blue torso from previous minifigure series, I think it was series 4 hockey player and series 8 conquistador. I hope that the silent Mary torso will be available on BAP. I am happy to see that beside me others have fun in finding and collecting pieces for monofigs. 

Please do report here if you find some interesting body parts for monochrome figures! I will be very happy :) Hope you find some parts that are rare!

Sadly I don't think bricks and pieces is available in New Zealand, or the shipping would be ridiculous. I'm happy utilising Bricklink for now. Did you still need help with some of the head colours you had question marks next to? Dark Purple can be Buzz from the Disney series or more recently head 3626cpb1764 on Bricklink (Batgirl). I've ordered the latter as it was more readily available, it is dual sided so will need wiping for sure. Medium Azure from the series 6 Genie, and Dark Azure from a Ninjago set, item 3626cpb1705. I'm a sucker for the Azures! I just need dark hands and medium torso, just waiting on my other orders to show up and hopefully be error free before I continue sourcing the rest I need.

4 hours ago, Coopa182 said:

Sadly I don't think bricks and pieces is available in New Zealand, or the shipping would be ridiculous. I'm happy utilising Bricklink for now. Did you still need help with some of the head colours you had question marks next to? Dark Purple can be Buzz from the Disney series or more recently head 3626cpb1764 on Bricklink (Batgirl). I've ordered the latter as it was more readily available, it is dual sided so will need wiping for sure. Medium Azure from the series 6 Genie, and Dark Azure from a Ninjago set, item 3626cpb1705. I'm a sucker for the Azures! I just need dark hands and medium torso, just waiting on my other orders to show up and hopefully be error free before I continue sourcing the rest I need.

Oh I am sorry to hear that New Zealand has no bricks and pieces,  but Bricklink works just fine! Thank you for tips where to find head pieces. I think I will buy them, turn them around and wait for actual plain heads. I actually put question marks on parts that are not available plain and need some wiping and on those that aren't available at all in certain colors. What I found interesting is that some parts weren't in sets at all and you can find them on bricklink. I was lucky to find plain bright light bluelegs in build a minifigure station. I don't think they ever came in a set, I just know that printed legs in bright light blue color came in  pajama guy from minifigure series. Now I am waiting for plain light aqua torso and I will have a complete light aqua minifigure! 

Edited by cebelicamya
ups, meant bright light blue not aqua, so many colors!

My first Bricklink order arrived, no turning back now!

edit: order 2 arrived. I used a simple eraser to remove a few prints - 3 torso & the dark purple head. They took a few minutes each but I'm happy with the results.

0tW8BvY.jpg

Edited by Coopa182

On 25/4/2017 at 10:44 PM, cebelicamya said:

Nothing of interest in the Fabrik for mono-figures. Too bad. :sadnew:

On 28/4/2017 at 9:41 AM, Coopa182 said:

The light aqua torso and the sand green (?) one seem to have dual moulded arms. So you can't brasso them!

Might be interesting for others before they order these parts. :wink:

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

19 hours ago, Holodoc said:

The light aqua torso and the sand green (?) one seem to have dual moulded arms. So you can't brasso them!

Might be interesting for others before they order these parts. :wink:

Yep those 2 torsos were easy to erase, arms needing to sourced from elsewhere. Light aqua could be a while since they only just came out with Silent Mary.

Latest update: got a couple of display cases and happy with my progress so far. Taking a bit of a break before trying a few more colours and pieces needed for some incomplete ones.

k7hj6PO.jpg

Edited by Coopa182

Hey guys I just notice that plain head pieces are out of stock on Bricks and pieces, do you think they will restock them or are they completly gone.

Edited by cebelicamya

There are still seven different colours of plain heads available to me (in UK).

Yes, yes, yes  plain heads in new color in friends junior sets! 

here are pictures in friends topic

Yes! I am so happy, because I am not fond of brasso. Like all the pieces in original form. Now i just wait for light auqua torso. 

I think lila color is the same as buzz lightyear minifig head if i am not mistaken

Edited by cebelicamya

Just now, cebelicamya said:

Bow i just wait for light auqua torso. ?

Me too! :laugh:

And the pink feet, the flesh torso, the dark azure head .... :hmpf:

Next year we are getting a new theme named Building Bigger Thinking and on brickset the images are out. In the sets there are a lot of plain torsos in cool colors like magenta pink,(or bright pink, can't really tell) orange, purple. I am so happy i will finally have these colors! 

Orange and purple:

10403-1.jpg?201711210954

Pink!! and blue:

10404-1.jpg?201711210954

And the third set has just white, black and red.

Edited by cebelicamya

On 16.12.2017 at 4:40 PM, cebelicamya said:

Is the pink torso normal pink or magenta? I am not quite sure. Which color is it on bricklink? 

Looking at the picture it must be some sort of pink. Magenta is a lot darker: 90187c01pb01.png

Be aware though thant "pink" is not produced any more. It has to be either bright pink bb758c01pb01.png or dark pink 17865pb03.png

I go for the latter. :look:

@Holodoc thank you

Now i also think bright pink is to bright, magenta is to dark, so i think you are right about dark pink.

It is so disappointing that dark pink legs came in only one HP set, only one minifigure, which i don't have. So i guess my monochrome minifigure will be pantless for awhile. I am hoping for some colorful legs in the next minifigure series, where there is rumored to be some kind of costume celebration. 

Doctor Phosphorus from the upcoming Minifigure series gives us everything in Yellowish Green except for the hands and hips - the hands are available from a number of 2015 sets, so that just leaves us needing the hips.

tdHfh5D.jpg

In bam wall there are plain dark pink legs! Yeees finally been waiting for so long!! :) :) 

Here it is:

IMG_3013IMG_3015

Edited by cebelicamya
dark pink not bright

Once again I doubt this is bright pink.
It's really hard to determine from a non-calibrated photo, but I say it's dark pink. Unless corrected. :wink:

You can tell it from this hair, which is also on the photo:99242.png

This has only been made in dark pink (and black).