WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Geihlen said:

Would some be able to give me some info on one of the parts that makes up the boosters on the new Space Shuttle Discovery set. Specifically the ones below. Are these parts unique to this set? A part number would be great as well.

According to Brickset / Bricklink they are the Tub part , in fact the part first appeared in this color in the Saturn V set in 2017, and later were used in other sets in this color.

64951.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=64951&idColor=77#T=C&C=77

https://brickset.com/parts/6197966/tub

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hey!

I just came back from the thrift store with 4 bags of parts. I opened them all and so far I guess I have some kind of a space shuttle set  in there and something with a lot of earth green windows. Can you guys see anything that could help identify what’s in these bags before I just sort them out? 
 

here are pictures of the bags that I posted:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

 

thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was thinking to the 10211 for the quarter-round dark green parts + the dark green windows, but I see that 88293 also has that part, which is maybe the source of the head of the partial minifig on the last photo?

The space shuttle would be 20213 / 10231, with the dark orange quarter cylinder.

 

Edited by antp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, antp said:

I was thinking to the 10211 for the quarter-round dark green parts + the dark green windows, but I see that 88293 also has that part, which is maybe the source of the head of the partial minifig on the last photo?

The space shuttle would be 20213 / 10231, with the dark orange quarter cylinder.

 

Wow thanks!! You are right about the grand emporium. I located these pieces after looking at a picture of it. 

51310925697_e17a213a05_b.jpg

 

51312392439_4bbf5eae3d_b.jpg51310921992_c1f82b5b9d_b.jpg51312669370_fe7ee16d95_b.jpg51311870088_a030eb53c1_b.jpg

It’s probably not complete but I will try building it!!!

 

thanks again!!

You are also right about 10231. I seem to have a lot of the pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

The partial figure is from set 8969, an Agents set. 

Oh thanks!!! I searched quickly and I do have quite a few pieces for that set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just feeling quite old, I have the set, I have most of the theme and it came out in 2009! :wacko: It has been a long while since the theme!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

I am just feeling quite old, I have the set, I have most of the theme and it came out in 2009! :wacko: It has been a long while since the theme!

Yes it has been. I was Too old to play with lego back in 2009 and suddenly became younger as years went by:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Megbricks said:

It’s probably not complete but I will try building it!!!
 

That's worth trying indeed :)

That's a lucky find for a parts bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few years ago I gave most of my childhood Lego to my kid, while concentrating myself on newer sets. Among them were some even older stuff, and recently when playing with my kid a particular brick caught my attention, so I was wondering if anyone could help me to estimate when it was made. Here's a couple of photos:

PWSSvjV.jpgL81FihT.jpg

As you can see, there's no embossed "LEGO" on the studs, but the logo is in the bottom side. Also there's no bottom tubes but two cross supports exist. It's also slightly warped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 1:32 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Are there any parts similar to the aeroblade piece. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20612&C=0#T=C&C=0

Basically a bar in the shape or a ring. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35485&idColor=95#T=C&C=95 This but the whole ring can be clipped onto. 

Well, you can clip onto the flotation ring/toilet seat 30340, but only in straight direction, and obviously not where the stud is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 12:32 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Are there any parts similar to the aeroblade piece. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20612&C=0#T=C&C=0

Basically a bar in the shape or a ring. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35485&idColor=95#T=C&C=95 This but the whole ring can be clipped onto. 

87748pb06.png

Are the Atlantis treasure rings any use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 1:32 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Are there any parts similar to the aeroblade piece. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20612&C=0#T=C&C=0

Basically a bar in the shape or a ring. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35485&idColor=95#T=C&C=95 This but the whole ring can be clipped onto. 

Does it have to be a ring? And does it have to be as compact as the part you mention? Otherwise, I can think of this dish https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6256&idColor=110#T=C&C=110 or this tire https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2815#T=C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MAB said:

Are the Atlantis treasure rings any use?

It would if it came in brown or green. As I need a ring piece for my palm tree. (The Aeroblade piece works perfectly but its only in trans black or trans lime)

 

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Does it have to be a ring? And does it have to be as compact as the part you mention? Otherwise, I can think of this dish https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6256&idColor=110#T=C&C=110 or this tire https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2815#T=C.

The plate might work. Can it accept these kind of clips? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=63868#T=C

 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728340223842320394/867834288137175130/Palm_Tree.png This is the design. 

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Tested it, doesn't work unfortunately. The clips clip on, but won't angle down any further than 'flat', plus the open space in the middle is unsightly large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Tested it, doesn't work unfortunately. The clips clip on, but won't angle down any further than 'flat', plus the open space in the middle is unsightly large.

Thx anyways. You would think with the Aeroblade being such a versatile part. That it would exist in more colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Thx anyways. You would think with the Aeroblade being such a versatile part. That it would exist in more colors.

Indeed! Although I always find myself missing a stud, anti-stud, or better yet: hollow stud connection on the side that is now flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Indeed! Although I always find myself missing a stud, anti-stud, or better yet: hollow stud connection on the side that is now flat.

True should have a hollow stud connection on both sides. Or better yet. Hollow stud hole all the way through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.