WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

On 7/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, Peppermint_M said:

They're in excellent condition for the dates! 

I only came across these when I spent time on bricklink looking at parts on variations on white. I have never seen them in the wild.

They're pretty common in vintage lots in the Netherlands, and surprisingly they are mostly in good condition whenever I see them.

Ok, so finally I was at home while the sun was shining so I was able to photograph my mystery colours with proper lighting. On the upper left some bricks with colours that I'm certain about. Photo taken in direct sunlight coming through a window, with standard office paper as a background.

varit.jpg

I think I got all of them identified.

#1 is Medium Blue

#2 is Medium Lavender

#3 is Dark Pink

#4 is Magenta

#5 is Bright Pink

#6 is Dark Azure

and #7 is Dark Purple

On 8/18/2020 at 11:18 AM, jonwil said:

I think I got all of them identified.

#1 is Medium Blue

#2 is Medium Lavender

#3 is Dark Pink

#4 is Magenta

#5 is Bright Pink

#6 is Dark Azure

and #7 is Dark Purple

Thanks a lot!

Found this in my cousin's collection that he didn't want anymore after going off to college. Is it actually a Lego part?

Plastic feels a bit "softer" than Lego, but is still quite hard. Color is close to a pale yellow with a hint of green, not lime green like the pictures suggest.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

EDIT: Here's another weird one - found this in the "yellow" bag:

800x600.jpg

It's a pretty solid match for the Lego yellow, but I haven't been able to find anything that looks like that in a quick search on Rebrickable and Bricklink.

Edited by Phoxtane

From the colour and the type of mold (very 'soft' corners) of the one part above I would conclude NOT genuine LEGO, but that may be misleading because of poor lighting.

Is there anywhere written "LEGO" on the parts? I can't see it anywhere, a tiny item number is normally on the parts as well. I can't spot either. :look:

Still I cannot tell from which other toy company it could be. :def_shrug:

Neither part has LEGO written on it anywhere, but I do know that smaller parts don’t have a part number. Though, these parts are much bigger than the typical unmarked LEGO piece.

I agree that they’re almost certainly not LEGO!

I'm at a loss for this piece which came in a unsorted bag on ebay. I thought it might be star wars but haven't found anything on brick link, any ideas?

legopiece.jpg

1 hour ago, Rocketjim said:

I'm at a loss for this piece which came in a unsorted bag on ebay. I thought it might be star wars but haven't found anything on brick link, any ideas?

That one reminds me of the lid off of a Bionicle stocking stuffer (tube packaging as opposed to a polybag), but I'm not sure.  I was never big into that theme and it's been a while.

Maybe the 8568 Pohatu Nuva set.  I think that was one of the original six and came with a brown lid.

Edited by ShaydDeGrai
Added possible set number

On 8/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, Phoxtane said:

EDIT: Here's another weird one - found this in the "yellow" bag:

800x600.jpg

It's a pretty solid match for the Lego yellow, but I haven't been able to find anything that looks like that in a quick search on Rebrickable and Bricklink.

That is Megablocks for certain. Those parts are rails for the Skatepark sets and turned up with similar uses elsewhere. I have some in silver also.

On 8/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, Phoxtane said:

Plastic feels a bit "softer" than Lego, but is still quite hard. Color is close to a pale yellow with a hint of green, not lime green like the pictures suggest.

800x600.jpg

That's a Playmobil part from their "System X" construction system, it's used to hold power cables in place. As I recall it first appeared in the Playmobil Space range (sets 3079, 3080) around the year 2000.

Heya! I'm trying to figure out the size of the wheel/tire combo in this clip. I'm building this as a gift for a friend of mine who's in love with the Borderlands franchise.

So far so good but the wheel I'm using is too small. Poor Clap Trap keeps falling forward.

Hi all, I’m curious to know from which set these parts are. It seems to me they come from a pirates set, but I can’t find it. Any one of you has a clue?

06A3E649-B6CE-419D-93FA-BAF60FD2B446.jpeg

2FD4568A-770E-4476-BF43-54BA63493BB9.jpeg

235B8813-D270-477B-B150-D3F9089C0859.jpeg

55C34DDD-1C2B-4F12-8AE6-8328817E9312.jpeg

6 minutes ago, PetiLeo said:

Hi all, I’m curious to know from which set these parts are. It seems to me they come from a pirates set, but I can’t find it. Any one of you has a clue?

06A3E649-B6CE-419D-93FA-BAF60FD2B446.jpeg

2FD4568A-770E-4476-BF43-54BA63493BB9.jpeg

55C34DDD-1C2B-4F12-8AE6-8328817E9312.jpeg

They are most likely from the set Castle 70403 - Dragon Mountain, but there are no stickers.

21 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

They are most likely from the set Castle 70403 - Dragon Mountain, but there are no stickers.

You are right! Thanks for the help!

goatleg.com is back online, now with stand-alone searches for torsos and legs based on part and decoration colors and color families. Feedback is welcome!

Is there such a piece that would be a good nose piece for a COVID facemask to create a "U" shape? From LDD, I saw there's a curved arch piece, but 6M might be too wide. I did experiment with using Technic short axles and one of those Technic axle elbows, but it's an "L" shape.

I just I knew what you are using it for... :look:
Do you need a LEGO piece to create a facemask for a minifg? Or something bigger?

Anyway, maybe plumes help? 4502a.pngor 4502c.png

I recently acquired a large bulk lot via Facebook which I've been sorting for the past week. Just came across this little dickie which has me stumped - it's a 2x2 Tile in white, without the bottom groove, but I can't identify the sticker. I couldn't find a Bricklink catalogue listing for the tile with the sticker on, nor could I find it on a quick gander at the sticker sheets included with sets featuring a white 2x2 Tile without the groove. Does anybody recognise it? Is it perhaps a sticker from a different set that's got put on here by mistake?

nvHtmcRs.jpg

Actual human being facemask nose piece. I experimented and now am using:

15462 5M axle with stop
3705 4M axle
32039 catch with cross hole

It's 90 degrees, but not that bad at creating decent seal around nose.

I thought about those really old space arm pieces where it's cylindrical and one end has 3 prongs and other end 2 prongs, but no idea if those keep the shape or if I'll be able to order some.

If it doesn't have LEGO as part of the plastic moulding, then it is a fake. None of the bootleg brands will put the actual LEGO name on the parts, as that would be a real legal problem. 

On 9/27/2020 at 6:50 PM, PetiLeo said:

Blimey. This is what happens when you drink before applying stickers to LEGO.