WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

I don't recognize this piece. Quality of the edges seems to be a bit lower than of legit LEGO piece. Does it have LEGO logo anywhere?

Me neither, I can't be sure it's LEGO as I don't see any logo on this piece. You should look at it carefully and tell us if there is the logo. Normally, a so big piece must have a LEGO logo and the piece serial number on it.

Can anyone identify what the color on all the right side is? [...]

when I disassembled the pieces the 4x6 plate shattered. It was like plaster it was so brittle. Maybe some older plastic?

I had something similar with an X-POD from 2006. It's most likely a bad manufacturing batch. Three out of four 2x2 plates, darker than all the other blue parts, all crumbled like biscuits when disassembled.

EDIT: the set was bought in 2012 from a US seller, but it was sealed.

Edited by Gnac

The central piece here... what is it and where should I look on bricklink? I've tried looking through what I can think of, mainly Bionicle & Hero Factory, and haven't been successful. Any help appreciated!

It's a Bionicle shell. Design ID 62286, Element ID 4521597.

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=57560&idColor=66#T=C&C=66

http://brickset.com/parts/4521597

Can anyone tell me what the name is of the brick in the photo? I found this in my parts bin and I'm trying to figure out to which set it belongs.

post-161330-0-98888800-1466688448_thumb.jpg

I have finally gotten around to getting all my Lego out after moving (a year ago) but a lot of it was disassembled, and I'm not sure what this partially built section comes from image_zpsqkyzi0kg.jpeg

Could somebody help me identify what set its from so I can reassemble it. Thanks :)

EDIT: never mind, I found out its Slave 1 :D

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Picked up some cool old toys and boxes at an estate sale today, including this LEGO.

The bulk of the LEGO pickup was ~40 of these big "pre-duplo" large LEGO bricks in red, white, and blue.

Stamped with the vintage Lego logo with an open "o".

A couple older normal sized bricks. The 2x3 has the same vintage logo.

There were also some unbranded square-stud building bricks and the other weird pieces you see below. Can anyone identify those?

Finding it very hard to google for this, thanks for any info!

Hi-res link: http://i.imgur.com/tyY3sU9.jpg

tyY3sU9l.jpg

Picked up some cool old toys and boxes at an estate sale today, including this LEGO.

The bulk of the LEGO pickup was ~40 of these big "pre-duplo" large LEGO bricks in red, white, and blue.

Stamped with the vintage Lego logo with an open "o".

A couple older normal sized bricks. The 2x3 has the same vintage logo.

There were also some unbranded square-stud building bricks and the other weird pieces you see below. Can anyone identify those?

Finding it very hard to google for this, thanks for any info!

Hi-res link: http://i.imgur.com/tyY3sU9.jpg

tyY3sU9l.jpg

My parents have some of those square-studded bricks: the red lattice piece is a window frame from part of the same system (I've only ever seen green before), as is the studless slope piece (used to lay paper over as a roof).

Unfortunately, I have no idea what brand they are (definitely not Lego). Seems like they were American manufactured, probably from the 50's.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Yes, the large bricks are Jumbo, produced in the US by Samsonite. There are actually two kinds, the US version and the Euro version. The Euro version is exactly 3x the size of normal bricks - the US version is a non-standard size. You have the US version.

The 2x3 is an old brick made by Samsonite, they used cheap, soft plastic in the 60s.

The square studs parts are not Lego.

hey guys

so I recently decided to have a clear out of all the boxes of lego that I had laying around at my grans house.

I emptied one of the boxes and this thing pops out (as seen in photo) I have been using peeron or similar sites to find out which sets I have. Most sets that ive come across so far have fairly unique parts so its fairly easy to pinpoint exactly which set the part is from....here lies the issue...what ever this thing is, has no unique parts so im unsure if it is a set or just creation of the previous owner etc.

hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this please.

much appreciated

Kyle