WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

On 12/1/2022 at 10:59 PM, PattieCake said:

Correct me if I'm posting this in the wrong topic.

I just saw this model and would love to build it because it gives off heavy Sid from Toy Story vibes

IMG-8725.jpg

Can anyone help this very novice builder?!

My younger self would love to stare at it in the 1983 the catalog. It's the Spin-A-Coaster. Unfortunately I only came out of the Dark Ages after my kids were born so I never got the "excuse" :innocent2: to buy this for my collection. Oh well

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=2037-1

Edited by hsousa
merged posts

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

In sorting through a recent ebay lot, I've come across a part I can't identify (pictures attached). It's 100% a red part, and has the Lego logo on the studs so I know it's genuine. Appears to be some sort of vehicle/train base but nothing in either category appears on the Bricklink database (at least that I can see) and searching for "4 x 10" in the search doesn't yield any matches either. There are two wheels attached, which seem to be part 3464 or some variant thereof. They turn in tandem with one another, and I'm not sure whether they're permanently attached to the brick or can be removed - I don't want to force them out, and they haven't shifted from a gentle tug. Equally, I'm not sure if it's a 2 x 8 brick stuck fast to the top of the part or whether it's actually part of the element. There's no part number on the brick, but at the bottom it's stamped "1" "01X".

For what it's worth, most of the lot appears to be 80s/early 90s parts - mostly basic bricks with a smattering of Fabuland and Technic.

Images in an Imgur album here (I can't remember how to resize embedded images and I don't want to clog the thread up with HUUUGE images!)

Here you go @Alexandrina: It's a windup motor from 1981 - 1987 from the "Universal Building set" theme. Do you have the key as well? I also believe the wheel are removable, though it is difficult. I've also seen people make a simple steam loco MOC to go onto it. It's can't pull cars or run very far, but it was cool to see zipping along the track!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 1/5/2023 at 5:57 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Here you go @Alexandrina: It's a windup motor from 1981 - 1987 from the "Universal Building set" theme. Do you have the key as well? I also believe the wheel are removable, though it is difficult. I've also seen people make a simple steam loco MOC to go onto it. It's can't pull cars or run very far, but it was cool to see zipping along the track!

Ah many thanks!! That's definitely the one.

Sadly the key appears to have become separated from the motor at some point in the past. Maybe I'll find a key in another lot in the future!

On 1/21/2023 at 8:34 AM, CastleRail said:

First two items in the Wedge category are the left and right ones :)

Thank you so much!

Can someone help me ID the two torsos from the photo below (the barman with brown vest and the green torso on the right)

Accident at the bar

Hello everyone,

I don't know if my request is redundant but I'm looking for a tool that can identify all the LEGO parts produced and available at a given time.

It's in order to know which parts I can count on for a retro project from the 80s and 90s.

Also, can we find somewhere a timeline indicating when the pieces were created ?

Thanks for your help.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:22 PM, Khargeust said:

Hello everyone,

I don't know if my request is redundant but I'm looking for a tool that can identify all the LEGO parts produced and available at a given time.

It's in order to know which parts I can count on for a retro project from the 80s and 90s.

Also, can we find somewhere a timeline indicating when the pieces were created ?

Thanks for your help.

Bricklink has an advanced search option to find parts produced by year, which if you look at an individual part you can see what years it was available between. Though that may take a little more work than you want!

13 hours ago, CastleRail said:

Dark Blue is sw0832 from First Order Officer in 75166 and the Dark Green one has had arms swapped but is from sh383 Mantis in 76079

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Hello everybody,

may somebody help me in identifying the ID of the head? I’m sorry but I can’t find it :/

thank you very much!!!

C3813510-1A97-4326-AB0E-D75E01E6D57A.jpeg

Presumably a custom job, it looks like it could be an existing head with the eye brows joined together to make Frida Kahlo.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Presumably a custom job, it looks like it could be an existing head with the eye brows joined together to make Frida Kahlo.

Thank you MAB!

I’m not sure if I understood correctly though, so were the eye brows printed on the existing head? 

Possibly. Most modern female heads have (two) eyebrows, so they could have joined them together with ink.

On 4/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, MAB said:

Possibly. Most modern female heads have (two) eyebrows, so they could have joined them together with ink.

Thank you very much MAB

Good morning everybody,

does somebody knows if the canvas of the picture is some Lego specific piece?

I mean of course without the painting on it, but maybe they do have a white canvas piece or smt like that? I can’t find the ID :/

thank you in advance!

73E85A50-CB90-4920-A8BC-108AB7262263.jpeg

On 5/2/2023 at 12:10 AM, Naufragio said:

Thank you very much MAB

Good morning everybody,

does somebody knows if the canvas of the picture is some Lego specific piece?

I mean of course without the painting on it, but maybe they do have a white canvas piece or smt like that? I can’t find the ID :/

thank you in advance!

SNIP

@Naufragio It appears to be a white 2x3 tile with a custom (non official) print on it. Part number 26603 for the plain version.

r/legostarwars - Help regarding authenticating piece

ik the part, 553pb003, but I do not know an aspect of it. I am trying to find out where the lego logo is printed on this 2x2 dome piece given it is the older style dome with the semi-open top stud, meaning there is no lego logo on the stud. Does anyone know where I can find the lego logo on this piece, if not, is there any way i can verify it as authentic?