WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

So a bit of an unusual question. I’m interested in buying the white tousled hair piece from the Ghostbusters set for my Storm figure. That said, I see a lot of cheap listings for this on bricklink. They have it as piece 20595. This piece only came in this set, so how could so many listings have it for so cheap? If it’s only inclusion was in a very expensive retired set? Could it be possible that this was available in the build a minifigure line? I mean I’m not sure how this could be so cheap otherwise..

thanks in advanced!

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

So a bit of an unusual question. I’m interested in buying the white tousled hair piece from the Ghostbusters set for my Storm figure. That said, I see a lot of cheap listings for this on bricklink. They have it as piece 20595. This piece only came in this set, so how could so many listings have it for so cheap? If it’s only inclusion was in a very expensive retired set? Could it be possible that this was available in the build a minifigure line? I mean I’m not sure how this could be so cheap otherwise..

thanks in advanced!

Not BAM, but it has been available on Bricks & Pieces (now merged with Pick a Brick). :classic:

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Not BAM, but it has been available on Bricks & Pieces (now merged with Pick a Brick). :classic:

Is it currently available? I tried searching the Ghostbusters set it came in through pick a brick and the only hair pieces that came up were the ones for Dana Barrett, and Peter Venkman. Is it no longer available on pick a brick, or can I order this piece directly from Lego somehow? If it’s still available now I’ll gladly order it.

20 hours ago, cosmic said:

Is it currently available? I tried searching the Ghostbusters set it came in through pick a brick and the only hair pieces that came up were the ones for Dana Barrett, and Peter Venkman. Is it no longer available on pick a brick, or can I order this piece directly from Lego somehow? If it’s still available now I’ll gladly order it.

No, it's out of production. On B&P, a part can only be available if it's in production, I believe. Sometimes you'd see an older part coming back in stock/production, which would be a sign that a part would soon appear in an upcoming set. 

Btw, if you want to know more about B&P, there's a dedicated thread (don't mind the 'licensed' part in the title): 

Hi!

Can anyone help me identify the parts used for the rocket (with the exception of the flame and two front parts)

Thanks in advance!

LEGO-Rebuild-the-World-Tin.jpg

1 hour ago, PattieCake said:

Hi!

Can anyone help me identify the parts used for the rocket (with the exception of the flame and two front parts)

Thanks in advance!

The part in the back should be 32187 Technic Driving Ring Extension

Put a bar 4L an maybe a 1x1 round brick inside part 32187 and : Voilá!

In front of that could be any of these 2x2 round bricks (I believe). :blush:

I received this light gray piece with a bunch of 90's bricks (minifig head for scale). It's obviously not a normal piece - it appears to have tabs for a fingernail to pull it out of some insert. But the Lego log o is so prominent I need to know what it is.

fusFPhJ_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Hey everyone,

I recently bought some bargain used LEGO pieces from a garage sale, and came across this strange object:

https://ibb.co/hYNxtrK (EB won’t let me attach it :sad:) (2x4 plate for scale)

I haven’t found any knock-off pieces or non-LEGO objects in the parts just yet, but I have no clue what this thing could be and I can’t find the LEGO logo on it anywhere. Thought I’d just double check it’s not something obscure before I chuck it out. 
Thanks in advance!

From the shape it looks like it could be a Playmobil belt? Seems to be a reasonable fit for their torso. Not 100% though

35 minutes ago, CastleRail said:

From the shape it looks like it could be a Playmobil belt? Seems to be a reasonable fit for their torso. Not 100% though

Just looked those up, and it looks like that’s exactly what it is. Thanks for your help! In the bin it goes!

On 10/27/2022 at 5:21 PM, Holodoc said:

The part in the back should be 32187 Technic Driving Ring Extension

Put a bar 4L an maybe a 1x1 round brick inside part 32187 and : Voilá!

In front of that could be any of these 2x2 round bricks (I believe). :blush:

Thanks a bunch !!

Now on to the really hard part: what is the bright red disk part in the middle? I thought it was this one 3x3 disk but that's not available in red.

Also curious as to what the black part behind the red disk is.

LEGO-Rebuild-the-World-Tin.jpg.4cc55ee3a9e075c2a97971e627ed61e2.jpg

Looks (on the actual tin plate) like a trans-red "boat stud" 2654 to me, followed by a 32270 gear, though that would be problematic to attach. Maybe a trans-red disc which has a hole, though the gap at the bottom of the black plate looks filled with trans-red.

Correct me if I'm posting this in the wrong topic.

I just saw this model and would love to build it because it gives off heavy Sid from Toy Story vibes

IMG-8725.jpg

Can anyone help this very novice builder?!

Are there parts, possibly sliding, that would make a sliding webcam cover that clicks into open or closed position? I am aware of the newer "rail door" sliding plate piece for sliding bricks, but I'm thinking more flat tile but not sure how to click into shut position or open position. Thanks in advance.

I am thinking whatever it is would need doublesided tape onto tablet case near the camera lens.

I just dug out a 27262 and am wondering if there's an inverted flat tile with holder to connect to the 27262.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm going with 2x2 flat tile inverted, 1x2 hingeplate, 2x2 flat tile. No sliding lock needed since the hinge gives enough friction to stay in place. Seems sturdier than the "C" holder which is known to crack.

Anyone know why 1x2 plate with fingers (hinge 4275, 4276, 4531, 2452) were discontinued? Sometimes I prefer these with just enough friction over the ratcheted click hinges.

Edited by BubbaFit45531

The 2×2 45° having white cross on green, & tile with 'POLICE' in supplementary set 5154 Decorated Bricks as sold in 1992.

In sorting through a recent ebay lot, I've come across a part I can't identify (pictures attached). It's 100% a red part, and has the Lego logo on the studs so I know it's genuine. Appears to be some sort of vehicle/train base but nothing in either category appears on the Bricklink database (at least that I can see) and searching for "4 x 10" in the search doesn't yield any matches either. There are two wheels attached, which seem to be part 3464 or some variant thereof. They turn in tandem with one another, and I'm not sure whether they're permanently attached to the brick or can be removed - I don't want to force them out, and they haven't shifted from a gentle tug. Equally, I'm not sure if it's a 2 x 8 brick stuck fast to the top of the part or whether it's actually part of the element. There's no part number on the brick, but at the bottom it's stamped "1" "01X".

For what it's worth, most of the lot appears to be 80s/early 90s parts - mostly basic bricks with a smattering of Fabuland and Technic.

Images in an Imgur album here (I can't remember how to resize embedded images and I don't want to clog the thread up with HUUUGE images!)