WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

The most frustrating thing is: Red is a test colour when they produce prototype elements. And red is the colour that size technic axle is produced in. 

So, it could be some stray part of a test batch that made it out into the wild and something happened for them to decide against mass producing them :cry_sad:

I was having trouble identifying some old minifigures I wanted to try repurchasing (they've gone missing and I don't have a set reference). I'd done some dumb handheld movies with them when I was younger, I don't suppose anyone can hazard a guess? (The black and red tubes are clipped to their legs they don't belong to the actual figures).

Green Alien

Green and Red Alien

Neither of those aliens appear to be LEGO (although I couldn't tell you what they actually are)

Those look like the very old Megablocks figures from the late 90s. The red one looks especially like one my brother had in a box of Space/Alien bricks (I had a motorsport bucket myself). I am trying to find a picture reference. Unfortunately the set falls into the double black-hole of being something from the early days of the internet and also something that people are not super interested in cataloguing or archiving. 

EDIT: As unparalleled supreme Queen of the Clone Brands, I have located your alien dudes.

9300_main.jpg

Does anybody know the correct name for this piece? I've been looking for this on BrickLink for ages

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 5.34.08 PM.png

Just now, Comet72 said:

Does anybody know the correct name for this piece? I've been looking for this on BrickLink for ages

Welcome to the forum. I've moved your post to the appropriate place where someone will be able to help quicker. :classic:

8 minutes ago, Comet72 said:

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 5.34.08 PM.png

Ahh, that makes sense. I didn't even notice the uneven edging at the bottom before, and was looking on bricklink for a 32x32 baseplate with a river on the edge and two pits. Thanks for the help!

Hi, I am having trouble identifying the following lego parts, and have looked everywhere on Bricklink, etc when I stumbled across this forum that seems to be full of very helpful and kind people!

I will include the three parts below (sorry the pictures are so small, I seem to be on a file size limit):

1. A plastic yellow and red sail with some sort of sun pattern

1949939732_Screenshot2020-04-19at22_09_56.png.3330d4f0c813e122ac10fd13694519a0.png

2. Two 2 x 2 plates attached together (might be the old glow-in-the-dark type colour, but not sure)

1873425996_Screenshot2020-04-19at22_12_01.png.21d57c90b4f80f0944573a2626701206.png

3. Green roof tiles (I have loads of these, they come in 2 x 2, 1 x 2 and 2 x 2 slopes)

771218866_Screenshot2020-04-19at22_11_52.png.1fb5ad487ef72448c55916624a123796.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg

Edited by greg100

20 hours ago, greg100 said:

Hi, I am having trouble identifying the following lego parts, and have looked everywhere on Bricklink, etc when I stumbled across this forum that seems to be full of very helpful and kind people!

I will include the three parts below (sorry the pictures are so small, I seem to be on a file size limit):

1. A plastic yellow and red sail with some sort of sun pattern

2. Two 2 x 2 plates attached together (might be the old glow-in-the-dark type colour, but not sure)

3. Green roof tiles (I have loads of these, they come in 2 x 2, 1 x 2 and 2 x 2 slopes)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg

Hello! First quick tip: The space on the forum uploader is for an avatar image, not really anything else. You can use an image host and share photos that way.

So - This 650.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=650#T=C

Rather an old part you have there.

The sail does not match any of the LEGO designs and I can't place it amongst the clone brand sets I know of. 

Those roof tiles are Betta Builder parts by the looks of it.

bettabilda005.jpg

You have some nice vintage finds there! 

I'm so glad you found the transparent piece! :thumbup:

I knew I had to search for "coupling" but the results didn't show that particular piece, neither did the search "2x2 plate" and the search for train parts in the catalogue deliver the proper result. :look:

Funny thing when you look at the name of the part at Bricklin: "hinge coupling nylon - connected 2x2 plates" :laugh::wall:

I would have guessed the other two parts weren't LEGO, but wasn't able to determine it further.

@Holodoc I looked up Milky White in the colour index :grin: 

It is a part I saw once when I was browsing the colour (I wanted to use milky white in a project). 

1 hour ago, Rye14001 said:

@Peppermint_M wow I had no idea this was a megabloks set.  Thank you for the quick response and expert knowledge.

For a first hint have a closer look at the studs: If they don't have "LEGO" on it, it's not LEGO. Sometimes life is simple. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Rye14001 said:

@Peppermint_M wow I had no idea this was a megabloks set.  Thank you for the quick response and expert knowledge.

Glad I could help out. I had a few of the late 90s and early 00s Megabloks sets, so those red cones with the grooves in were a bit of a giveaway. The website I linked to is a great resource for IDing Mega sets if you ever need to.

Can anyone help to identify this minifigure, please? Specifically, the torso I cannot find. It's seemingly very old, as the detail is actually a sticker, like in the earliest minifigures.

20200427_234017.thumb.jpg.4ae33d293bff56b9130cdfa6e93bc134.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by leafan
resized image

Ok, so I looked up torsos with stickers. Torso with a tie, with a sash and with a watch. Not turned up any results!

I wonder if it came in one of the Idea books? some of those vintage books had stickers for figures in them. 

19 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Ok, so I looked up torsos with stickers. Torso with a tie, with a sash and with a watch. Not turned up any results!

I wonder if it came in one of the Idea books? some of those vintage books had stickers for figures in them. 

At the time I was so focussed on finding a torso match that I didn't even think about the rear, but it does have a rear sticker too.

This strikes me as odd as I'd never expect the rear on an old torso to have a print, let alone a sticker, but here it is:

20200430_125734.thumb.jpg.fefb22d40e02f2b52cceb84d684176e1.jpg

If you notice, the very bottom is kind of frayed - so could that be a sign of a fake or early custom figure?

trim.PNG.344725910ccb050128da4a784d33e66e.PNG

The actual torso mold is real though, it has the Lego logo on the neck pin and does shown signs of considerable age, as you can see by the crack in the under-arm.

Also, I thought that the power tool might date it and make the sticker invalid, but a quick Google to Makita's website shows this type of cordless drill being available since 1970.

I'm stumped.

Edited by leafan
spelling

Custom or cadged from some clone brand, I think is the origin. It is not a LEGO one.

It is pretty cool though.