WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

@MatBoyWonder You can see the complete line up of Lego colours in bricklinks colour guide. It also tells you how many parts exist in that colour, and when they were produced (so you have an idea how hard it will be to find them).

For a nice sky colour, I would suggest either "medium blue" or "medium azure".

Hi everyone

This is my first post, so please be gentle, I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have a part I'd like help with.

It is a 1x6 Technic brick (with holes) in a shade of Tan. But it stands out as significant paler than my other Tan pieces. There is no Pale Tan in Bricklink. But on top of that, there is no 1x6 Technic brick in Tan, or indeed anything similar. I'm sure it isn't just a yellowed White, as the colour is consistent as far as visible into the recesses underneath.  (I also have exemplars of older colours like Pale Yellow - it isn't any of those, and they weren't used for this brick anyway.) Each of the recessed studs is marked "Lego", so it isn't from a copy company. Is it a deliberate fraud, or is it something missing from Bricklink?

Any comments would be welcome.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, grey beard said:

Any comments would be welcome.

Hello and welcome to Eurobricks, grey beard!

I'd say a picture would be welcome! :wink:
TLC indeed never produced a tan technic brick as far as I know. Here you find a link to the colors the 1x6 technic brick was made in. So if it really was tan it would not be LEGO. Than again the print on the studs make this unlinkely again... :sceptic:
You can describe it
like you did above, my first idea was indeed it would be a 'sun burned' (yellowed) white.

But to be more exact a photo of the brick - best would be compared to a white and tan brick - would help a lot.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, Holodoc said:

Hello and welcome to Eurobricks, grey beard!

I'd say a picture would be welcome! :wink:
TLC indeed never produced a tan technic brick as far as I know. Here you find a link to the colors the 1x6 technic brick was made in. So if it really was tan it would not be LEGO. Than again the print on the studs make this unlinkely again... :sceptic:
You can describe it
like you did above, my first idea was indeed it would be a 'sun burned' (yellowed) white.

But to be more exact a photo of the brick - best would be compared to a white and tan brick - would help a lot.

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure I can manage a photo which accurately captures the shade. As I said in my OP, I'm sure it's not sun burned white. I think it may be an old version of tan (like they changed dark red). But that doen't work unless TLG actually made such a piece. What I was hoping was that someone would know of a special run, or an old version of the "creative box" collections which had such a part in. I know not all of those are listed on Bricklink (I recently got a quantity of Medium Green a seller had got from such a box).

3 hours ago, grey beard said:

I'm not sure I can manage a photo which accurately captures the shade. As I said in my OP, I'm sure it's not sun burned white.

Photograph it next to known colours for comparison.

Where did you get it? Obviously not from a set. Is it an older part (ie 15+ years)?

18 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Photograph it next to known colours for comparison.

Where did you get it? Obviously not from a set. Is it an older part (ie 15+ years)?

I've tried taking a photo, but its not very good. The subject part is in the middle between White and Tan pieces.

Don't know where I got it. Could well be over 15 years old.207468401_legosmaller.jpg.a3278863503df272fa15d43fd96d386e.jpg

The Nicktoons LEGO City Adventures cartoon had a couple of characters with a hair piece that looked like Dragon Ball Z Future Trunks. Any idea what the Design ID is? I couldn't find any clues in Brickset under wigs.

8 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

The Nicktoons LEGO City Adventures cartoon had a couple of characters with a hair piece that looked like Dragon Ball Z Future Trunks. Any idea what the Design ID is? I couldn't find any clues in Brickset under wigs.

A screenshot would be helpful :wink: Could this be it?

38800.png

On 10/26/2019 at 7:11 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

Yeah, that's it. Thanks. I just need it in purple or azure blue.

According to Bricklink, the part does not exist in these colors.

Attaching a Falcon MOC that I saw on Flickr. Thought it was neat.

Can't figure out what piece they are using for the top gun - it's some sort of shield maybe?

It's the DBG piece being used for the gun - with some fins on top and three "fingers" coming out from the front. 

Any ideas?

37051959586_ff0c5a323d_w.jpg

This was in a mixed bundle of lego bought off ebay.

It's a modified 2x4 brick with a link with 2 studs on it.  The base has a screwed in plate (tamper-proof screws - but I'm sure that I could get in).

I can't find it in any of the places that I have found parts before.1915263286_thumbnail1.thumb.jpg.fb69433e714c4d874bf47900fdea7e74.jpg

(Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.  I'm a newbie here and finding the place a tad confusing)

Woooo!.  File size problems so I can't post the 2nd photo.

The bottom is smooth apart from the screw heads and won't accept studs.

3 hours ago, Corellian Corvette said:

Can't figure out what piece they are using for the top gun. . . It's the DBG piece being used for the gun - with some fins on top and three "fingers" coming out from the front. 

Any ideas?

This: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=88811#T=C 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

I have pinned this thread in the hopes that future posters of part queries will spot it here at the top of the forum. 

I believe one problem is that the thread does drop out of sight.

Hello to all in this community, 

Are you able to help me , please

Recently i bought those 2 spaceships , and i think they could be something from Star Wars but i am not able to identify them 

Capture 3.JPG

They are either 7150/7152 or 7262. which one exactly would depend on the second ship – Darth Vader's TIE Advanced. The Y-wings builds seems to be identical, but maybe someone with more knowledge can correct me.