WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

On 14/01/2018 at 6:49 AM, Grover said:

I recently picked up some old Lego sets, mostly from the 1960s.  Two of them, however, I have been unable to identify and I was hoping someone out there might be able to ID these...

The real find, however, was this set, in a plain cardboard box with 5507 stamped on the end.  When opened, it was a set still wrapped in the cellophane (although it had split in a couple places)

Any help would be great!

I think the second set is among the 100 or so store exclusives sold in the US and Canada in the 1960s. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The best person to ask is @LEGO Historian.

Tribolego, do you remember where did you get this plate, as this must be from a special event. Did you find it in France? This plate have a so special size because it's a officially "cut" unprinted 4478px2 (or any other pattern), as we can notice that the straight part of this roadplate is 19 studs long. It should have been produced in the 80's or early 90's. That's a very interesting part!

Harmacy, I don't know this part at all, and I'm keen on 70's Lego. It looks it was used to hang something, maybe a sign or a boxed set? This type of hinge is typical of late 60's - 70's ones (2x4x2/3 model), and if I remember correctly, these were first used in Lt.Gray in Classic Space sets. This part is very interestingtoo, it may be a prototype.

12 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I think the second set is among the 100 or so store exclusives sold in the US and Canada in the 1960s. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The best person to ask is @LEGO Historian.

Thanks!  I'll be interested to see what it is!

17 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Interesting. Bricklink only lists Green, but the one @Tribolego posted seems to be Gray?

Mine are Green sorry :)

8 hours ago, Evans said:

Tribolego, do you remember where did you get this plate, as this must be from a special event. Did you find it in France? This plate have a so special size because it's a officially "cut" unprinted 4478px2 (or any other pattern), as we can notice that the straight part of this roadplate is 19 studs long. It should have been produced in the 80's or early 90's. That's a very interesting part! 

Round in à bulk buyed years ago in est of France. But so close from Luxembourg and Germany that it is hard to be sure where it come from exactly

This nice LEGO ideas set has very nice outside lamp covers. Does anyone know what part it is (or did the designer create it):

4967525-o_1c0pv0cdd1eni11iu1gbd1jqo628o-

45 minutes ago, JopieK said:

This nice LEGO ideas set has very nice outside lamp covers. Does anyone know what part it is (or did the designer create it):

I'd have said 15395 Round 2x2 Dome bottom, but it's too big.  If this is a digital MOC, then I think the only part it could be is the BB-8 head.

It must be a the BB-8 head! The 2x2 dome is way too big. I use the 15395 for other lanterns though. Now hope LEGO picks up on producing the BB-8 heads in other colors including black :) I did not see it in LDD, but who knows what tool was used for it.

The BB-8 head is in the latest LDD, under extended mode (part 20952).  Unprinted only.  So far as I know, in real life it's only appeared printed for the BB-8 and Porg heads.

@bricks360 I don't think it's a LEGO part. I can't find it on Bricklink or LDD, and I seem to remember having one myself from a knockoff brand called "star". However, it looks like you've taken that picture from an inventory; the part ID is usually listed next to the image and quantity, which should help tracking it down.

Not on bricklink.  They have 1x2, but not 2x2, as far as I can tell.

Hello, someone is selling some Lego on facebook marketplace and i'm interested in buying, there is alot of Lego for a really good price (and i'm gonna bargain), but some parts I cant identify could someone help me identify them (if they are even Lego at all)

Thanks

Mark

Untitled.jpg

Edited by markbrow10
spelling/grammer

Unfortunately all of those parts are non-Lego, as are a few of the other parts I can see...

I wouldn't buy it - as there's most likely going to be a lot more non-Lego...

On 3/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, bricks360 said:

Anyone know what part # this is?  

mystery_plate1.jpg

Megabloks. A common piece in halo and cod sets

Hi there (hooray, my first post)

I found this little guy here, I remember I already had it in my childhood (~30 years ago).
Could somebody tell me what LEGO family it is?
The grid size is 2x2 LEGO studs, it just fits right onto one Duplo stud. On the inside I see the LEGO logo and the following indication "4 01".

Greetings!

3.jpg

Solved: Arealight, not LEGO.

wnWjwhel.jpg

Definitely looks like a SW helmet, but I feel like I've been through all of them and can't find it, so now I'm thinking clone brand (received in bulk lot).

Edited by fred67

2 hours ago, fred67 said:

now I'm thinking clone brand (received in bulk lot).

I would take that as a clue that there are probably other non-Lego pieces in you bulk lot.

20 hours ago, splatman said:

I would take that as a clue that there are probably other non-Lego pieces in you bulk lot.

There were, but they were easier to weed out.