Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

MOCpages Community Member Heather Braaten Missing

I was just on MOCPages and saw this message stated at the top:

Real life emergency: Our community member Heather Braaten is missing. Read more here and help if you can.

The link goes to a Flickr photo of Heather, followed by this description:

Hi Sorry to bring such startling news but our close friend and staple of the LEGO community is missing. Her name is Heather Braaten and went by HeatherLEGOgirl here online. A couple months ago she removed her flickr, facebook, and MOCPages profiles but now her mother has called a fellow LEGO fan this morning stating that she was missing and has been since last Tuesday. Police are on the search but her family would like to know her whereabouts any way possible. Here is a photo of her.

If anyone knows her whereabouts or knows when you contacted her last, please chime in here. And if Heather you are out there, please let us know. You have a lot of people worried about you, honey.

Any knowledge of her well being would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Lino, Dave, Stacy, and the rest of the AFOL Community

p.s. You can contact us here via comments or Flickr mail.

The photo is here.

This is such sad news, I had to share it with everyone.

I pray for her and her family..

-Sci

That's not good that she got rid of those accounts. Hopefully that was just a coincidence. My thoughts and prayers aimed at her family.

I just read on Brickset.com that EB member Legogirl76 (Heather Braaten) has gone missing. The LUG community is being urged to do anything they can to find her.

Poster: (pic is link)

6882305796_b027cefd03.jpg

More info:

Here

EB Profile:

Here

Edited by LEGOman273

Sad news indeed. Hopefully she turns up safe and sound. This has already been posted here.

Sad news indeed. Hopefully she turns up safe and sound. This has already been posted here.

Already posted here.

Sorry. I didn't think to check General Discussion.

Would a MOD merge these threads, please? :sweet:

Thank you.

Edited by LEGOman273

More info here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167229

This really hits close to home. She's the same age as my wife, has two kids just like we do, suffers from depression (as does my wife)... I really hope this has a positive ending. Clearly she's cared for by many people.

I know with depression everyone assumes the worst case, but during one bad period my wife flew half way across the country on a plane ticket bought by a friend - unbeknownst to most of her family and friends, leaving me with our 1 year old child. Thankfully she realized that running away wasn't the solution to her problems and she came back and got help and deeply regrets that incident. But don't assume the worst because a severely depressed mind can make irrational decisions, even moreso if medication changes are involved.

Heather - if you are out there reading this, please let someone know you are okay even if you don't want to be found.

Some sad news

Missing local woman Heather Braaten was found dead on Sunday afternoon. No other details are available at this time. Heather was a popular member of the Seattle LEGO community. Our hearts go out to Ms. Braaten’s friends and family.

Condolences to the family.

Really, really sad :cry_sad:. The whole Eurobricks Staff sends their thoughts, prayers and condolences to her family & friends.

Heard about this earlier today and just couldn't bring myself to sharing the news... I just felt gutted, and I still do. :cry_sad:

Heather was one of the very first AFOLs I had any kind of contact with, thanks to MOCPages. Naturally, she was also a great source of inspiration as well. Same as the entire LEGO community, I will really miss her, even though I never knew her in person -- but I hope she's in a better place now. My heart goes out to her family...

Bummer. :sceptic: Sad news indeed. Looks like she going to be greatly missed. Her family and friends are in my thoughts...

Wow, I was really hoping for a much different ending to this story! RIP Heather. Condolences to your friends and family! They will be in my prayers!

Jamie