GRogall

LEGO 10226 Sopwith Camel

Ooooooh!! Got more Pics!

Edited by GRogall

Oh, i like the idea of LEGO asking to remove the pictures just to provide you better ones :-)

Looks very nice! What I do not like is the string across the signage on top of the wing, some improvement potential here.

We get 3736.gifin black, a lot of strings with plates...

Looking forward to it!

Oh, i like the idea of LEGO asking to remove the pictures just to provide you better ones :-)

Looks very nice! What I do not like is the string across the signage on top of the wing, some improvement potential here.

We get 3736.gifin black, a lot of strings with plates...

Looking forward to it!

Ja they just can't do without me!

In real life I work for the Dark Ages Advertising Agency..... But don't tell them that! :tongue:

Whoa a Lego Sopwith camel biplane, so cool :)(have totally missed the first version too) I have to get this one, huge fan of WW1 planes. Awsome

I wish it came with one of those old style fighter pilots.

Just build your own!

snoopy_0a.jpg

I must say I like this set, especially all that dark green.

Although I got enough on my wishlist as it is so I dont think this will be entering my collection unless it comes to Australia and goes on sale :)

Just build your own!

*snip*

LOL, that's just what I was thinking. Truth be told I didn't know quite what to expect from this model before pics showed up, because I'm more familiar with Snoopy's doghouse than I am with the actual plane!

LOL, that's just what I was thinking. Truth be told I didn't know quite what to expect from this model before pics showed up, because I'm more familiar with Snoopy's doghouse than I am with the actual plane!

I was thinking the same when I saw sopwith camel on the front page. I was thinking that how it didn't look like a dog house.

As you guys can see from my avatar, I build planes out of LEGO. The previous model was gorgeous -one of the few sets I still have in one piece- and this one looks pretty good too. It is definitely on my wish list.

A shame that most -if not all- of the dark green parts on it are already available from other sets. I could do with some 1x1 dark green plates, LEGO!

Edited by Ralph_S

As you guys can see from my avatar, I build planes out of LEGO. The previous model was gorgeous -one of the few sets I still have in one piece- and this one looks pretty good too. It is definitely on my wish list.

A shame that most -if not all- of the dark green parts on it are already available from other sets. I could do with some 1x1 dark green plates, LEGO!

But the engine cowling in dark silver! Epic! :wub:

Thank you very much Grogall! Excellent set as a plastic scale modeler I will get this LOL

Probably changing some bricks we can make Captain Roy Brown's sopwith camel. :wub:

Beautiful.

I have most of the "good" LEGO planes hanging from the ceiling in my living room, including the old Sopwith and the Red Baron.

This will make a very worthy addition

(plus two more copies of the set for "the vault").

That is really cool! Unfortunatly I don't tend to have that much money to spend :sceptic: , but this is awesome!!

Really nice pieces and colors too.

Edited by Kai NRG

Surely not all - how about 6x6 tiles? (ok, they are a long way away from a 1x1 plate!)

Wow! Look at all that Dk. Green! This is exactly 12340692 times better than the last version :thumbup:

Wow; That's a definite buy from me. Although a part of me can't help regret that tey didn't go for a vintage plane they haven't done yet.

ONe can only hope it's the first of a new serie of plane sculptures.

Wow; That's a definite buy from me. Although a part of me can't help regret that tey didn't go for a vintage plane they haven't done yet.

ONe can only hope it's the first of a new serie of plane sculptures.

I'm actually glad that they've redone and greatly improved on the Sopwith. I owned the old one, opened the box and never built it as it just didn't excite me like the Red Baron plane I'd already built. Sure I wish I didn't sell it for $60, but I won't care once I get this new one in my hands. Hopefully it's the start of some more old planes at this scale. I guess that will depend on how well this one sells.

Wow. At first I didn't know what to think about another Sopwith Camel. But it is definitely not just a simple redesign and it looks absolutely gorgeous. I think I may even apply the stickers this time.

I only hope they will make more of the series and perhaps a Fokker D.VII instead of the Dr.I.

Surely not all - how about 6x6 tiles? (ok, they are a long way away from a 1x1 plate!)

That's the one I was unsure about, hence "my most if not all" comment. It's not listed on bricklink yet, so that probably is new in dark green. Not the most useful part imaginable, but it's something, I guess.There may also be other less obvious parts. Perhaps even larger plates in the wings. It is nice to have such a large quantity of dark green in the same set. It usually only comes in small hands full.

Ah, so that's where all those 1x2 Dk Green plates on BL are going / coming from... :wink:

A gorgeous set and a most definitive must-have for me. While I share the notion that it would have been nice to see what TLG could have come up with in terms of other airplanes, having a chance to own an improved "official" version of this one is really great. Let's just make sure it sells well enough to convince TLG to continue with more airplane models!