GRogall

LEGO 10226 Sopwith Camel

(...)

I wonder if it's a reissue of the last one (shameless plug of my own review :blush: ) or whether they've redesigned it?

(..)

It indeed looks like they "fixed" all your points :P

Bart

:wub_drool: I'm going to need one of these to build (and I don't build lego planes usually!) and one for parts. Wow it is wonderful.

That model looks really cool, can't wait to pick one up. Noob question, was the airplane actually painted dark green?

its nice, but i'm not entirely sold yet. Looks like it still has parallel wings which is a shame - would have been fairly simple to have a dihedral, we've seen lots of cool hinge work with recent SW sets for instance.

And the control cables seem a step too far. Its cool that they work, but from those limited pics, it looks like its using one of the bracing cables to double up as aileron cables - in the original they'd be hidden in the structure of the wing. The way the cables go over the top of the wing and the way they're attached at the rear looks a bit clunky. I'd almost have preferred them to leave them off.

Tail controls seem nicely worked into the model though

Edited by mrklaw

That model looks really cool, can't wait to pick one up. Noob question, was the airplane actually painted dark green?

Well not the exact dark green that Lego is using for the set.But planes had dark olive green, dark brown or black wings....But it's always hard to tell from the official pictures! :tongue:

camel-at-Wilrijk.jpg

NOOO I am too late to see the pictures can anyone give me a description of the set? :cry_sad:

Just go to the Walmark website and get em there!

Nice, I hope this isnt last exclusive war plane.I hope for remake red baron and new WWII planes such as supermarine spitfire and messerschmitt.

Nice, I hope this isnt last exclusive war plane.I hope for remake red baron and new WWII planes such as supermarine spitfire and messerschmitt.

No that could be conceived to much as a War toy! :pir-tongue: :pir-tongue: :pir-tongue:

WWI machinery ok, but WWII not?In that way, lego is "little" hypocritical.I dont see problem in that, this exclusive models are for older buyers not for kids.

I think the more time that passes the more you may see some military stuff. Unforutnately, we'll all probably be very old or dead before they decide it's OK to do WWII stuff. :sad:

What a great looking set! It looks better than I expected (all that terrific dark green), and will certainly be joining my collection. :thumbup:

This plane is just a treasure trove of cool parts and colors! Much better than the previous rendition, I simply have to have it. I've previously been somewhat critical of it as it is a remake and I wish they would have made a different plane, but since it is a completely different design in different colors I don't mind at all. Something tells me that the previous Sopwith Camel is going to become worth a lot in the near future as there were not that many sold and many collectors are going to want them both to create a mini squadron.

Let's hope this set sells well so we can see a new series of planes take shape, I'd love to see the Spirit of St. Louis in Lego form (I know there is a mini model)...

That is a gorgeous model. :thumbup: I just love the functionality and the attention to the plane's shape. Awesome colors, too. I don't usually buy exclusive "collector's" sets like this, but with a reasonable price point I might just snatch this up...

I really hope that LEGO continues with models like these, they are quite collectable!

Definitely getting this. Loads of Dark Green, new colour Dark Silver, 6x6 tiles... just praying the target symbol is not a sticker!

Pictures removed by the request of LEGO? I am so glad I saved the images last night :sweet:

And just like that TLG! we now have HR images on the first page!

Enjoy!

Edited by GRogall

:wub: Edited by Legonardo Davidy

WWI machinery ok, but WWII not?In that way, lego is "little" hypocritical.I dont see problem in that, this exclusive models are for older buyers not for kids.

I've been told in discussions with LEGO employees that the reason Indiana Jones ended was it didn't sell very well in Germany, LEGO's biggest market. Part of the problem with it was the WWII vehicles. It's not hypocritical to choose to make sets that are more likely to sell. I'd love a BF109E myself, but I doubt I'll ever see an official LEGO model of one.