ZCerberus

Chapter 1: The Forgotten House

Lord Artorious Rex,

I pray this letter, sent by the Green Riders, finds you in good health and spirits. As you

have commanded, de Gothia, Lord of Benioc, and I begin our search for the Elemental Crystal and we

have traveled deep into the Enchanted Forest to seek the counsel of the lost Stag Clan.

Your father has undoubtedly told you the tale of his and my great adventures in the

Enchanted Forest, when you were but a hope in your mother’s heart. Your father and I

came to the Stag Clan’s aide many years ago, during Avalonia’s lost years, when rogues

and ruffians from the House of Baine ravaged the Enchanted Forest for their own greedy

gains. It was said the House of Baine sought the Druid’s treasure and hoped to use the

treasure as a weapon to drain the life from all of Historica and not as the gift the Druid’s

intended. If it were not for the wisdom of the woods granted to us by the Stag Clan, the

princes of the forest, we may never have defeated the House of Baine or united the clans

of the forest under your House’s banner.

Not but two nights ago we were greeted by the Stag Clan’s chieftain, Huntsman Raman.

Even though many years have passed and youth has out grown my weary face, the

chieftain still calls me by the name your father bestowed upon me, “the Green Knight”.

Huntsman Raman revealed he too senses our great world has been pushed to the edge

of the abyss and teeters on the brink of war. Raman’s own mystic has visions of the

Enchanted Forest engulfed in flames, the Siccus badlands flooded and drenched in

blood, Mount Mitgard razed to the ground and the Moruth Swamplands filled with the

corpses of every guild of Historica. His mystic says neither the location of the crystal

nor the means of Historica’s destruction is known to him. Even with his great gift of

foresight, the crystal and our enemy remains cloaked in shadow. Raman, however, has

not forgotten your father’s great efforts to free the forest from the House of Baine and

he has pledged his banner to our young Guild. He assures me any call from the Guild of

Avalonia will be answered by his clan.

Lord de Gothia and I now part ways. He ventures to Kaliphlin were it is reported a great

sandstorm has revealed an enormous tomb lost in time. The tomb is said to contain the

writings of the old Kings of the Desert. Though only a Kaliphlin Lord may find the

Elemental Crystal there, the writings profess to know the end of our time, and I suspect

the writings may relate to the crystals. I travel onward to the Mystic Isles to seek out a

great and powerful wizard rumored to have recovered an ancient Druid artifact. I do not

know if this artifact is the Elemental Crystal, but I must follow every lead we encounter.

I have called upon Zakon Goldblade to accompany me to the wizard’s island. Though

only the Water Folk are capable of navigating the passage ways in the Isles, I may need a

wizard of my own to get past any enchantments placed upon the lands.

Your loyal servant,

Trian Burress

img_0154.jpg

img_0156.jpg

img_0161.jpg

img_0176.jpg

img_0178.jpg

Avalonian Heroes: de Gothia and Trian Burress

img_0184.jpg

Enemies Defeated: None

Alliance Forged: lost Stag Clan

img_0187.jpg

Items Acquired: None

Chapter 1: The Forgotten House

Chapter 2: Wizard's Tower (not posted)

Chapter 3: Keeper's Tomb (challenge 3 entry)

Chapter 4: Altar of Hardool

Fantastic idea and great build.

But I think the tree trunk is to small for that.

Maybe a double size will be better. But this is just my opinion ;)

I like the organic feel of this moc.

And how well it blends the prince of the forest and serves as a prologue for the 3rd challenge.

Well done. :thumbup:

This is really cool! The snot branches are awesome. The light tan roof is a great choice because it pops out from the green and brown. The whole house has a great forest/fantasy feel to it without being overdone. The blood bloom flowers really bring out your small color pallet and provide great contrast to the whole scene. I look forward to your next scene. :thumbup:

Great work Z :thumbup: This is a great little scene, the use of colors on the tree house really stands out and gives it a great look. Nice work on the trees, an interesting technique that works well here. The story is great as well, I look forward to seeing where you will take this. 'The Green Knight' :thumbup:

Interesting how different a MOC can look like depending from the angle you are looking at it. The first picture somehow didn't get me going, even though I really love your tree building technique. :thumbup:

On the other hand, the 4th picture when you are "looking up" to the house from the ground is just wow! I can feel standing there actually. Awesome picture! :thumbup: I also like the last picture with the view from above.

Now that I think of it, I had the same experience with my own MOC, namely that if I look at it from the side than it doesn't look dense enough, but from any other angle it is fine. I see you played along with the leaves so that if you are looking at the MOC from the side you won't see their edge only. This is very smart and I like it a lot. :thumbup: Still I would prefer a little more of this.

Edited by mephistopheles

Very nice treehouse! Great work on the texture of the house and interesting roof colour, it matches great with the MOC. The SNOT-tree design is interesting as well. The trunks might be a bit thin indeed, but still impressive that your managed to give it 6(?) sides!

Fantastic idea and great build.

But I think the tree trunk is to small for that.

Maybe a double size will be better. But this is just my opinion ;)

I agree that it would be nice if the trunks of the trees were bigger, as it is the branches dwarf them. But your design for them works great :thumbup:

It must have been a challenging build, but you pulled it off nicely. Looking forward to the next Chapter! :classic:

Again a great creation! :thumbup: The colors of the house work really good with the green of the leaves. And the tree design is really good! :wub:

Thanks guys.

I am mostly happy with how it turned out. Getting the branches attached was a chore, and then getting them to look something like a tree with the leaves was another problem entirley. I would have liked to make the tree more full looking, but I ran out of leaves! The branches are a little too "2-dimensional" for my liking, but I it would have been a big task get them to look more "rounded" without making them so heavy they would snap off the trunk.

The trunks are a little thin... I could have thickened them up a bit, but I needed to move on to other things.

Zakon shall be joining Trian on the next leg of the journey. No ETA on it, but I hope to get Chapter 2 done before Challenge 3 is due so I can also get in on that. Still no idea what I am building for that!

Good luck on getting your builds finished in time :classic: , I know how that is :hmpf_bad:

I'm sure you will come up with an idea for Challenge 3 soon, I just figured mine out yesterday :hmpf:

This is a story on its own? I thought this was your prologue to challenge 3. Maybe you could use it as such? It is a great beginning!

I love treehouses and you did a great job with it. I do agree that the tree could have been a little more thicker, but nevertheless a great moc. Also very cool that you used/are going to use other guildmembers as companions.

Just aweseome! I love all the different shapes and angles to it. It very much reminds me of the elves in Lord of the Rings. Another wonderful build!

First of all, great to be part of your great moc! Even if it´s "just" my sigfig!

Second, wow! Those trees are so well done! Love the way you made them, makes them very realistic! And the house in the trees are also superb and as said by others, those colours are excellent and makes the house stand out from the greenery!

The backstory is also great and I really enjoy reading it!

Great work my friend!

Truly stunning. But at this point, who would expect less from you, Z? :laugh:

It's reassuring to know you're a pillar of our guild. There is seriously no reason why we can't come out on top with builds like this!

love it ;) should I say more?;)

I figured you would say burn it, with the elves and all...

Anyway, excellent MOC Z, that thatching is just amazing.

that thatching is just amazing.

I figure we need more thatching out in the woods.

Very nice work on a challenging subject... treehouses can be tricky structures to get right. I love the way you've got the house to spread across three trees like that, it looks very natural. All the little details look great too - the shingles on the sides of the house, the dormor windows and the access winch etc. :thumbup: I do agree with what others have said about the thickness of the trunks though - they do need a bit of beefing up to match the lovely branch work further up!