Sign in to follow this  
viracocha

MOC: Charming Shadow

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This work was done a year ago. I was impressed by the work of the japanese artist Kumi Yamashita and decided to try to build something like that in LEGO.

1.jpg

4a.jpg

Even in handful of parts you can see the individuality...

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

WOW! :oh3::thumbup:

That is fantastic. I can imagine it took quite some time and a lot of patience to get it right.

I want to say again - it's a great thing) Maybe not a MOC, but fantastic illusion)

I want to say again - it's a great thing) Maybe not a MOC, but fantastic illusion)

Wow!

Thanks for the hint! I didn't get that before. :blush:

That's really amazing!

This is amazing! *oh2* I can't even imagine how much work was put into selecting and positioning the pieces like that and then get the right lighting. It's fantastic!

Wow, that is impressive. At first I really thought the illusion was photoshopped in, but you can see how the individual bricks make the face. Very artistic. :thumbup:

thank you all for the kind comments!

I can't even imagine how much work was put into selecting and positioning the pieces like that and then get the right lighting.

Actually I have set the light first and then was trying to put bricks on right place carefully. :classic:

Unbelievable! This reminds me of a picture I saw of crinkled pieces of paper that cast a face shadow. This is just so cool!

Super super cool! I'm a little confused by the "hair", it seems long and straight, but the rest of it is so impressive, and so inventive! :thumbup: You tried something different and new, and succeeded.

Awesome! *oh2* At first I was focusing on the bricks so I did not notice the shadow! :tongue:

very creative ;)

What kind of light did you use? I've just tried with the common lightbulb, and the results were... not so fantastic :)

What kind of light did you use? I've just tried with the common lightbulb, and the results were... not so fantastic :)

You should use narrow beam light in order to obtain robust edge of the shadow. I have used old projector for slides in my experiences. :blush:

That is nothing short of pure awesomeness. :wub: Was there a particular reference face you could copy, or is this all done by experimenting with shapes to see what made the best looking face?

Was there a particular reference face you could copy, or is this all done by experimenting with shapes to see what made the best looking face?

Ah! I was waiting for this question! :laugh: This is a silhouette of a real person. It is possible to build any type of shadow but I decided to build feminine mild-shaped side-view with simple bricks only without curved parts and slopes.

Whoa! *oh2**huh*

Super, just super!

I need to remember this and give it a try, will work great hung on a wall with the light on (yeah, the bricks need to be glued but so what)!