brickie

Friends Car

Stephanie became tired of just sitting in her car so she went for a drive around Lego city.

At first I thought that Steph would fall over as she can't sit on studs [ no pun intended ] but LEGO had prevented that by including a new element that holds her feet still.

img_0916_2.jpg

Edited by brickie

Fantastic, I just love it! :wub: Now this is something I haven't achieved yet and will probably never achieve ...

Could you show us how you actually combined the slot car and the lego car? That would be very nice.

Thank you for those kind words.

The slot cars are very effective on a train layout to provide extra movement..

One of the members of BLTG [ Brisbane LEGO Train Group ] found these slot cars on an on-line store in Australia a few years ago.

They are cheap and they are nasty; but they work for a while. The gears inside are plastic and eventually the teeth snap off.

The selling point for us was that the curved tracks approximated the curve of the LEGO road plates; thus they were ideal to put around the city streets.

By fiddling with the wiring under the track, we were able to change the power so that we could have cars moving in opposite directions.

Last year, we had all of the cars2 vehicles moving around the track.

We attached a 9V train controller to each track so that we had lots of power to each track.

The kids loved it when we had a race between Lightning McQueen and Francesco. Somehow Lightning would always win.

The cars themselves have Lego like studs on the top. The kits come with lots of bricks to make cars but like most Chinese clones, they don't stick together very well.

We threw the imitation bricks away and built our "Lego" cars on top.

Unfortunately, the online store has been out of stock all year.

Thanks a lot for your explications.

The kids loved it when we had a race between Lightning McQueen and Francesco. Somehow Lightning would always win.

Now the video really looks like quite a lot of fun! :laugh: Great idea.

On the slot car set, the only clue to the company is this web address:-

www.CubeRace.com

It is not much of a web site.

I emailed them about some replacement gears but I never got a reply. :thumbdown: