Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Yakuza Family - Day 8

I just received the following from Akira, I have nothing to hide from the public and here it is addressed in public.

Just to let you know, that was the most pathetic attempt at a PM defence which I have ever seen in the last 4 years. :sadnew:

*sniff* Amazing! It's the same one he sent me!

Same here. I'm going to Vote: Akira (Bob) for now. At the moment, I trust Norio more than you. Unless you can show a further reasoning behind this than you already have, my vote stands. :sceptic: If you do turn out to be a Yakuza in the morning, than I for one will be voting for Shiro tomorrow.

Once again, I'll drop pursuing my interest in Daisuke, since he really just seems genuinely uninterested at this point anyway. I'm starting to wonder why this particular character even survived his brain trauma in the first place.

So what, you still want a defense? Well here it is. There are others, such as Shiro, who have been as active as I, and yet you wait until proof arises against him to vote for him, yet you vote for me without hesitation. :hmpf: I admit, I haven't done much (if anything at all) to help us, and as far as I know, others haven't either. I am trying to put effort into this, but yet I am still being picked out by you as scum. I have said I'd try to be more active, and I am sticking with that promise.

Yes, I'm quoting what Jirou exactly said. And in case you weren't aware, meta gaming is against the rules. It's a bad thing to do. Grandpa Lloyd should throw you into the dragon.

And everyone else that agrees with Norio about meta gaming being appropriate, please read the rules.

What the hell are you talking about? How did I metagame? Where is it against the rules anyway?

I do find it distasteful for scum to act ridiculous as they wait out the clock though, and that isn't going to change :sadnew:

There are others, such as Shiro, who have been as active as I, and yet you wait until proof arises against him to vote for him, yet you vote for me without hesitation.

Seriously... :hmpf:

I've been pursuing a vote against you for two days now since you've been inactive and of very little use since the moment you replaced Daisuke's alter-ego. The way I see things, we could as well have lost another "Townie" as a member of this Family who's killed off by the powers that be, if said Townie was to be a passive observer of the game. This isn't personal - but you really haven't done much to prove you're interested in actively contributing, and guess what - neither did your alter-ego. It's a bad predicament, I know, and perhaps it's not fair, but I just don't like that.

As to me voting for Shiro... once again; seriously?

Unvote: Shiro (Alopex)

Vote: Akira (Bob)

Does that now look better for all the indifferent bystanders? If anything, I'm now looking forward to finally being contacted in private by Akira!

What the hell are you talking about? How did I metagame? Where is it against the rules anyway?

I do find it distasteful for scum to act ridiculous as they wait out the clock though, and that isn't going to change :sadnew:

It's against the formal rules of Mafia Games on Eurobricks. If you want to meta-game, then I will too. I'm not acting ridiculous at all, I've merely been defending myself. Maybe I should just sit back and let you vote me off.

I'm the loyal jailkeeper and the loyal investigator!!!!!

I'm the loyal jailkeeper and the loyal investigator!!!!!

*sniff* So, you have the power to block, protect and investigate? If true, such a combination of roles would give you power to rival the Olympic Deities. Too bad it's not.

I got the same PM as you guys, and also a very similar second one, but with an added sentence saying I should support him as we are "mystery buddies". Whilst I do admire the sentiment and the effort, I would put that into the very 'metagame' category he's using as evidence against Norio in the PM! Can't have it both ways Akira, sorry!

I got the same PM as you guys, and also a very similar second one, but with an added sentence saying I should support him as we are "mystery buddies".

*sniff* You mean this:

Well yes, but please believe me. I'm sure Jim did tell def, but def is only interested in getting rid of townies he feels aren't helping.

Besides, we're mystery buddies!

*sniff* Yeah, I got that too.

Does that now look better for all the indifferent bystanders? If anything, I'm now looking forward to finally being contacted in private by Akira!

I'm sure you would like a private message. Well, I've basically detailed everything in thread.

At any rate, I'm going to reveal something that Daisuke and I talked about. Here's the first ever message that Norio sent me:

(Title of this message thread is 'Isamu')

Hi Bob,

I'm assuming you trust the role cop for you to be telling his info in thread. The vig may take him out tonight, but I wanted to make sure you have insurance in case he's playing you. By insurance, I mean telling a separate third party who the role cop is, whoever you feel comfortable with. If I were scum and wanted to filter out bad info, I'd find someone I "trusted" and would kill them at night.

If you're not 100% staking your reputation on them, then maybe we'll just investigate Peanuts.

What Peanuts was saying about too many investigators is true, but that was Badboys problem, not town's :sweet:

Has anyone noticed how Norio has been so very confident in spearheading the elimination of the Mutineers, but hasn't said anything about eliminating Secret Agents? As I remember correctly on Day Three, he wasn't very interested and passionate to get rid of Minoru, and he only greenlighted the approval of Isamu's vigilante death because he knew I knew about it. Also, he wasn't very interested in the death of Momoe, as I hear. He was interested in Kenta, but that's only because someone else knew Kenta was a secret agent.

This leads me to believe that Norio is a secret agent! Note how he's labeling me as a Mutineer and not "scum". I could be a Secret Agent, couldn't I be? Sounds like Norio has some behind the scenes information.

It's against the formal rules of Mafia Games on Eurobricks.

What is this 'Eurobricks' of which you speak? Are we not Yakuza, born and bred in the land of the Rising Sun? :cry_happy: I know of no rules but which those grandfather has laid out for us, and am confused as to how you think there could be any other.

I got the same PM as you guys, and also a very similar second one, but with an added sentence saying I should support him as we are "mystery buddies". Whilst I do admire the sentiment and the effort, I would put that into the very 'metagame' category he's using as evidence against Norio in the PM! Can't have it both ways Akira, sorry!

*sniff* Yeah, I got that too.

Hey! We're all mystery buddies here! On the mystery to weed out the scum and save our family!

I will refer Akira to this valuable resource as to be an effective scum player under undo-duress: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65209&st=0

Basically, you've thrown in the towel, which is well enough, but it's better to drop out, than to be silly while killing time.

It's nice that you're having fun on your last day here, but the mature, mafia-tag-deserving play would be to maintain the facade until you were swallowed by the dragon :sadnew:

What is this 'Eurobricks' of which you speak? Are we not Yakuza, born and bred in the land of the Rising Sun? :cry_happy: I know of no rules but which those grandfather has laid out for us, and am confused as to how you think there could be any other.

Hey Norio, what's this "mafia-tag-deserving" player? I know nothing of any mafia. We're trying to get rid of Yakuza's. Also, that link leads to somewhere on this "Eurobricks". I'm surprised after sending that link you don't know what a Eurobricks is. :hmpf:

We're trying to get rid of Yakuza's.

maybe you are :hmpf: I'm trying to save "Yakuza's" (sic).

Oops. I misspoke.

I meant we're trying to get rid of Mutineers. I'm just so pissed you'd stoop so low.

Oops. I misspoke.

I meant we're trying to get rid of Mutineers. I'm just so pissed you'd stoop so low.

Quoting you is pretty low. "Joyride" :wink:

Since we're all so busy quoting Akira's messages to us, I thought I'd share mine:

Hi,

I'm asking you to please please please unvote me. I'm a completely loyal Yakuza and I wish I could make you see this. I'm an investigator and I know that Alopex is a Mutineer.

MetroiD believes me, which is why he's on my side, and I'd like for some additional help. Basically it's def's word against mine, and def messed up yesterday.

Not much here that hasn't already been said in public, but I'd like to know if anyone got the same message, since they seem to be repeating themselves so frequently now.

Quoting you is pretty low. "Joyride" :wink:

Fine then, if we're magically allowed to metagame I'll say this:

Everyone vote for Norio. He has a mean face, and he's a spy which means he must be a secret agent. Besides, I can't be bad. I have a jovial smile and I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt and I have nice sunglasses.

The funny thing about rules is that if you actually think they are important enough to complain about people not following, you should follow them yourself. Personally, I'm a big supporter of metagaming, and have been for a long time. Though I wouldn't classify it as lynching someone based on their avatar or their job (ie. super-spy). That behavior is more along the lines of not comprehending the basics of the game.

I realize you're just goofing around at this point, so this is not a serious lecture, but it's something to consider for people who want to bring up the metagaming thing (which isn't even a rule) for the umpteenth time in the future. :classic:

Everyone! Shiro just contacted me and told me that he wants me to unvote him so we can work together! He thinks I'm scum!

Everyone vote for Shiro!

I'm sure you would like a private message.

So, no private message for old Nobuo? I thought I was also one of your mystery bestest buddies... Seeing as I believe you and everything... :cry_sad:

Alright everyone, I was hoping on the civility and the correct mind-set of the town, but I'll be forced to reveal myself.

Yes, I am the Red Ninja.

Take that all in, but do not be frightened. I became the new town vigilante when Manga died. Manga, as some of you know, was the previous town vigilante. You are making a large mistake if you vote me off. I am the one opportunity that you have for survival. I'm not sure why I janitor people's bodies away, you'll have to as Wise Grandfather Lloyd that, however I can tell you that both Saburo and Shizuku are townie and I messed up with them. The reason I wasn't able to get my jailkeeper action in on night six is because I became the town vigilante. I luckily had one more investigation left, so I was able to use it last night when I determined that Shiro is a Mutineer.

I intend on eliminating Shiro tonight. I am asking you all to please believe me.

After all, there is a very good reason that the white ninja hasn't shown up since Manga died. To my knowledge, Norio certainly knows that Manga was the town vigilante, but I have taken Manga's place. I was hoping I could persuade you otherwise, but you are losing a huge and valuable asset to the Yakuza Family team and I don't want our family to die.

I didn't want to roleclaim until now because this is a highly important and sensitive role and if the Mutineers or Secret Agents ever found out that I was the vigilante I'd be dead for sure. However, seeing as how the vote against me is almost up I must reveal this information to you.

I didn't want to roleclaim until now because this is a highly important and sensitive role and if the Mutineers or Secret Agents ever found out that I was the vigilante I'd be dead for sure.

By what means, exactly? The Red Ninja is the only kill action we've seen the last two nights, both the white and black ninjas have seemingly disappeared. Would the scum teams somehow convince you to off yourself..?

By what means, exactly? The Red Ninja is the only kill action we've seen the last two nights, both the white and black ninjas have seemingly disappeared. Would the scum teams somehow convince you to off yourself..?

I'm thinking that we have killed off the mutineer killer, and that the roles don't pass on.

No. I think you knew this wouldn't work before you even launched it.

Here's why:

You might have been a Townie who got converted and given the red ninja powers; or you could have been a scumster all along. Either way, you obviously knew quite a bit. And it's nice that you've finally admitted that to be the case. I'm inclined to think it was actually the latter, with you pulling the strings behind the scenes from the off, and then taking things into your own hands during the last few nights. Obviously, you knew who you were going after - both when you were directing the black ninja, and while you were out as the red ninja. So I'm sorry if I don't buy into the claims of how uber-important to our Family you believe you have suddenly become.

Either way, even if every single thing you're saying is the truth... or at least every single thing in your last actual claim, it still seems like you're just out there for yourself. What if the Family does not want Shiro dead? Have you considered actually discussing your night actions with the rest of loyal "Townies" around here? Of course not, why would you anyway. So, all in all, I'd much rather have no killers around and leave it all to come down to a cool-headed process of voting out the rest of the scumsters among us than wonder what plan your loyal, Town-focused mind will hatch next.

I think we might just be better off without the help of the claimed vigilante who has admitted that they killed two loyal Yakuza in their two vig attempts so far.

But it is entertaining to see what Akira will come up with next.

But it is entertaining to see what Akira will come up with next.

Hey, I'm not coming up with this! It's all true! Plus, I'm a bomb so whoever voted for me first is dead.

Hey, I'm not coming up with this! It's all true! Plus, I'm a bomb so whoever voted for me first is dead.

I'm looking forward to it :thumbup: