Oky

Power Miners vs. Rock Raiders

In a fight between miners...  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should win?

• Rock Raiders. They were in the mining business longer.
    • Power Miners. Brightly colored vehicles and uniforms FTW!
    • Neither. Rock Monster will always prevail in the end!
  2. 2. Which drill vehicle is more powerful?

• The Granite Grinder
    • The Thunder Driller
  3. 3. Which base is mightier?

• The Rock Raiders HQ
    • Power Miners Underground Mining Station

PM colours are too flashy for me, The RR colour choice seems more suitable for a Sci Fi undergroud theme IMO.

Believe it or not, the colors are actually one of the more realistic attributes of Power Miners. It's common for real-life mine vehicles to be brightly colored much like construction vehicles, and for much the same reason: high visibility in low-light conditions. Of course, I also understand the appeal of Rock Raiders' gritty, vaguely dieselpunk color scheme, particularly since there are so few other themes with color schemes quite like it. But in a typical mine the last thing you typically want is for your equipment to blend in with its environment.

I suppose the difference between the color schemes (and, perhaps, the characters' costumes) could be seen as an extension of the very different story scenarios for the two themes. Rock Raiders had a stranded space crew making do with what limited resources they had, whereas Power Miners had miners outfitted with the best and most advanced equipment the well-populated surface world had to offer.