I made a Facebook group earlier this year called "BrickHacks". You should post about it there.

Good morning everyone (here in the States it's morning) -- another wild day of Covid-19! But I'm excited because, according to the post office tracker, the Control Lab reference guide is arriving this afternoon. Can't wait to read it and hope it magically appears on Archive.org in not too long from now.

They're here! These four manuals are insanely helpful, and I've never found any of them online. Fixing that soon. :)

Our purchase includes four books:

- Setup Guide and Introductory Explorations

- Reference Guide

- Technology Investigations and Inventions

- Quick Start Guide: Creating a Fan Control Project

The first two books are the good ones. They cover everything you need to know about how to use the 9751 Interface B and the Control Lab 1.x software (I don't think there ever was a 2.x, but I'll find out in my phone interview with the Lego engineer in Denmark, which is scheduled for Monday.)

The third book, Investigations/Inventions, is basically just examples for classroom teachers. It is similar to the 1980s version mentioned by Lukazi at http://lukazi.blogspot.com/2014/07/lego-legos-first-programmable-product.html (see in the literature section where it says "Technic Control 1 Resource Guide.)

The fourth book isn't so exciting. Just a quick demo of an electric fan model.

I will focus on the first and second book.

@jarstx, thanks for helping make this purchase happen!

Edited by evank

Hey look! One of the books magically showed up on Archive.org. What are the odds. :)

https://archive.org/details/cl_setup

I will see about editing the title to something more useful. I plan to change the description too. It says this is one of five documents, but there are more than five things to be uploaded.

This document is 50ish pages. It took about 45 minutes to scan, save, and upload. The reference guide is 160 pages so it will take much longer. 4:19am here, off to sleep...

Edited by evank

Update, 11:40pm, Saturday ... got through the first chapter of the reference guide (40 pages) ... a very tiresome task, but it's important! Look on the bright side, it is 1/4 done.

Pretty sure I'm just talking to myself now. :) I got on a Skype call with the former Lego employee in Denmark. It turns out he worked on the education and curriculum side. He was not an engineer or involved in the hardware/software development. Oh well. :(

@evank  not at all but I am very busy making an Lego Minifig animation for a friends child who´s birthday is on the 1st of April (no joke) and she lives in France. They are still in quarentane, therefore we are preparing mgic shows, clowns, muppet theaters and so on, so that she can have a very special birthady.

I am currently mixing my Star Wars, Harry Potter and Technic MOCs to make a nice fairy tale about the bad virus and the good helping Dragon :laugh:

So in 2 days I am all in here again

On 3/28/2020 at 9:25 AM, evank said:

Hey look! One of the books magically showed up on Archive.org. What are the odds. :)

https://archive.org/details/cl_setup

I will see about editing the title to something more useful. I plan to change the description too. It says this is one of five documents, but there are more than five things to be uploaded.

This document is 50ish pages. It took about 45 minutes to scan, save, and upload. The reference guide is 160 pages so it will take much longer. 4:19am here, off to sleep...

Indeed, it´s a kind of Magic  :D

13 hours ago, evank said:

Update, 11:55pm, Sunday ... 50% through the 160-page reference guide.

Meanwhile the (short) "directions for use" guide is posted.

See https://archive.org/details/@magicratandbarefootgirl.

If I had know. I have this. Bought the InterfaceB with original Box only the sal cut. Power supply wih the US/UK pins and a "normal" adapter for the rest of the world and also incluing the directions for use.

Got yet another 40ish pages done tonight. Final 40 in another day or two.

12 hours ago, evank said:

Got yet another 40ish pages done tonight. Final 40 in another day or two.

You are the best :thumbup:

On 4/1/2020 at 4:20 AM, evank said:

Next, I got through the first 24 pages of the examples book. Only 102 pages to go there. :(

PS. Kudos to anyone who knows the "magic rat and barefoot girl" reference without Googling it.

this part is the most interesting for me..  does it include the activity cards for  the cities&transportation set?
@evank you might be the best but not the BOSS :laugh:

2 hours ago, eloybroock said:

this part is the most interesting for me..  does it include the activity cards for  the cities&transportation set?
@evank you might be the best but not the BOSS :laugh:

You're confusing the sets. I am talking about Control Lab software for the mid-1990s Interface B #9751. Those cards you mentioned are for Mindstorms RCX.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=166.36.633

Yep, right reference. :) Hey I am from New Jersey!

Edited by evank

6 hours ago, evank said:

You're confusing the sets. I am talking about Control Lab software for the mid-1990s Interface B #9751. Those cards you mentioned are for Mindstorms RCX.

I know that but clarified for both sides :)

6 hours ago, evank said:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=166.36.633

Yep, right reference. :) Hey I am from New Jersey!

well Bon Jovi is too... :iamded_lol:

4 hours ago, eloybroock said:

well Bon Jovi is too... :iamded_lol:

He's good, but mainly he is just a Bruce wanna-be.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:20 PM, evank said:

Next, I got through the first 24 pages of the examples book. Only 102 pages to go there. :(

I stopped working on the examples book because its spiral binding was very tight and I was afraid of damaging the paper by turning one more page. Instead, I consulted with @jarstx and suggested removing the spiral wire very carefully, scanning the pages as flat sheets, and then taking it somewhere to be professionally re-bound. He agreed, as long as I promised to do the quick-start guide too, which I was going to skip. I agreed, removed the spirals tonight, and got through the first two chapters. Now the process is no longer painstaking, merely tedious. :)

Edited by evank

@jarstx I already took some videos to make a visual guide. Just sorting out one final issue I had while uninstalling and reinstaling everything.  At the momento the last point of my guideline does not work. I have an idea whiy, but meanwhile I was able to find another way, though

Control Lab books are all on the Archive.org site now.

Several more TC Logo books (from set 9700) may appear soon. :)

Thanks Jar.

It was much easier and faster with the spiral bindings removed.

The older TC Logo documents were already PDF'd and shared widely around the web before I discovered these sets a few years ago. Just centralizing them now into a safe place.

Well done for scanning the manuals

I run the RM Nimbus software archive - which isnt publicly avalible, but we are happy to send out disks images on a request basis - mainly as we havent got the clearance from the numerous companies involved in making the software to make it public - we are also massivly restricted on bandwith as well!

Back to Lego! - We do have Control Lab V1.3 for DOS and Windows 3.x for IBM machines - fs this is on any help to anybody. Send me a PM if you need a copy? I also have a copy of 'Lets Go' disk for control Lab V1.2. We also obviously hold the Nimbus Version of Lego Logo

Edited by HA0124

A link to 1.3 was already shared.

What is "Let's Go"...?

Everyone: who's got a copy of Lego Engineer? Links to it across the web are all broken. :(

Edited by evank

Just realized my request for the Lego Engineer software duplicates the fourth message of this entire thread from 2012. :)

I sure would like to find that software.