Hi there,

Today I made the happy discovery that deep in a cupboard in the tech department of the school i teach in is a whole load of Dacta control labs, 9751. However there is no software, does anyone know where I can download it from? Or is there a way to use it without the software?

Cheers

D

Thanks for the links guys, unfortunatelly once on the LEGO Engineer site the actuall download links don't appear to work :(

With the Flowol, do I need to do anything to get it to run through the interface like convert the files or anything or with the Interface understand the flowol commands?

Does that make sense I'm not sure :sceptic:

Cheers

D

@ Dazmundo: Have you seen this webpage about "JAVA control class for Dacta"? It contains a download that may be useful. Be sure to read all of the comments at the bottom of that webpage.

There are several official options available for programming the 9751 control lab interface.

Already mentioned:

1. Lego Engineer which is essentially a custom library that requires Robolab or Labview installation.

Other options:

2. Original Lego TC Logo software: programming in LOGO which is a text based programming language

3. Updated Windows Control Lab software: same as above but Windows based.

4. Robolab software: graphical programming language and I believe that version 2.5 and newer supports the control lab interface.

I have several 9701 sets along with the control lab interface, and went through the same software search as you currently are.

I have used all of the above software and would recommend the Robolab software option.

BManCan

@ BManCan: Do you mean this Robolab website?

robolab_icon.gif

Yes that is the Robolab website. The version 2.9 standalone software can be purchased from Lego Education for a reasonable price:

http://www.legoeducation.us/eng/product/robolab_2_9_single_copy_/1273

If you already have the newest version of Labview (Labview for Education or Labview for Lego Mindstorms), then you can download and install the Robolab addon libraries (at the website you listed).

Thanks for all the replies,

Just to update I managed to get a copy of Robolab and a computer with a serial port and have now successfully managed to operate my motors through my Control Lab.

I've now just got to train myself how to create programs, I have managed the basics of running the motors forwards and backwards and varying the power, just got to figure out how the sensors work.

I may just try to get my students to figure it out for themselves.

D

Thanks for all the replies,

Just to update I managed to get a copy of Robolab and a computer with a serial port and have now successfully managed to operate my motors through my Control Lab.

I've now just got to train myself how to create programs, I have managed the basics of running the motors forwards and backwards and varying the power, just got to figure out how the sensors work.

I may just try to get my students to figure it out for themselves.

D

I know it's probably too late now but I have a copy of the original Control Lab v1 software (1996) if you still need it. It's only 2MB in total.

I know it's probably too late now but I have a copy of the original Control Lab v1 software (1996) if you still need it. It's only 2MB in total.

I'd love to have a look at it!

I'd love to have a look at it!

I see I can't attach a file bigger than 100k. If you give me an email address to send the file to the I'll do that (if it is permitted).

@ dxb: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Since you are new and don't yet have the 10 posts needed for Eurobricks "Private Messages" (PMs), please e-mail your v1 software to me at LudersDG@MSN.com and I'll repost it for all to download via SkyDrive. Thanks.

@ dxb: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Since you are new and don't yet have the 10 posts needed for Eurobricks "Private Messages" (PMs), please e-mail your v1 software to me at LudersDG@MSN.com and I'll repost it for all to download via SkyDrive. Thanks.

Dluders being a middle man......... what ever next?.......:blush:

Welcome to the forum DXB.:sweet:

Dluders being a middle man......... what ever next?.......:blush:

Welcome to the forum DXB.:sweet:

Thanks for the welcome. The software is on its way.

@ dxb: It's been many minutes, but I did not receive any e-mail. Perhaps you typed my e-mail address incorrectly. Could you retransmit?

@ dxb: It's been many minutes, but I did not receive any e-mail. Perhaps you typed my e-mail address incorrectly. Could you retransmit?

Someones obviously in a hurry........:laugh:

I assume you have checked your spam folder David?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I've just resent the software (zip file). I copied and pasted your email address so don't know why you didn't receive the original email (not in spam filter by any chance?).

@ dxb: I received your ZIP file of the Lego Dacta 9751's Control Lab software Version 1, and posted it for others to download here via SkyDrive. Thank you! :classic:

2954.gif9705-1.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Glad you received it OK and thanks for posting - I hope some people find it useful.

For information (just to save a lot of 'heartache' if people do use the software) - the software only works under Win95, Win98, Win98SE and WinME. It doesn't work from Win XP onwards.

I have Windows 7 so run the software using Windows ME in VMWare Player. I do not have a serial (RS232) port on the laptop so I use a USB to RS232 serial adapter cable from StarTech (their part no. ICUSB232 - about £10 from Amazon). I have tried other makes of USB to RS232 but for some reason they do not appear to work. I also found that I had to connect the original Dacta RS232 cable to the StarTech adapter before it worked. Another thing I found was that the software that came with the StarTech cable was not recognised by Windows but I got it to work by downloading the Prolific driver installer (search Google for PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0).

Enjoy

Thanks for the additional information dxb, and to DLuders for hosting the software.

I tried the Control Lab Interface with RoboLAB, but none of the USB>Serial converters I tried worked.

Thanks for the additional information dxb, and to DLuders for hosting the software.

I tried the Control Lab Interface with RoboLAB, but none of the USB>Serial converters I tried worked.

I have been using Flowol 4 to control my 9751/9701s for some time. I have just spotted this as a result of trying to figure out Robolab 2.9 which I just acquired.

This Control Lab download works fine on my XP box with a Startech (Prolific) adapter, Null Modem cable and a gender bender adapter.

Great to finally see the real software for this stuff.

Now to try get that Interface A running.

Edited by Dial222

Glad you received it OK and thanks for posting - I hope some people find it useful.

For information (just to save a lot of 'heartache' if people do use the software) - the software only works under Win95, Win98, Win98SE and WinME. It doesn't work from Win XP onwards.

I have Windows 7 so run the software using Windows ME in VMWare Player. I do not have a serial (RS232) port on the laptop so I use a USB to RS232 serial adapter cable from StarTech (their part no. ICUSB232 - about £10 from Amazon). I have tried other makes of USB to RS232 but for some reason they do not appear to work. I also found that I had to connect the original Dacta RS232 cable to the StarTech adapter before it worked. Another thing I found was that the software that came with the StarTech cable was not recognised by Windows but I got it to work by downloading the Prolific driver installer (search Google for PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0).

Enjoy

Forgot to say that the baud rate of the RS232 (serial) connection needs to be reduced to 9600. To do this just go to (in Win9x/ME) .... Start -> Settings -> control panel -> system ... choose the Device manager tab and then expand the Ports (Com + LPT). Select USB to Serial Port (Com x), select Properties, choose Port Settings tab, change baud rate (Bits per second) to 9600. Click ok, ok again. Finished.

Thanks DLuders,

@Dazmundo: i have same problem.

@DLuders: tried to download the free substitute "Lego Engineer" software, But the file ftp://ftp.rspac.ivv.nasa.gov/ldaps/pub/LEGO%20Engineer/PC/PCinstallLE.exe is gone now.

Link http://www.legoeduca...ngle_copy_/1273 has also expired.

I obtained LegoDacta by skydrive and tried it: I get stuck on errormessages like:

"Can't send output command to the box!"

"Cannot find the Control Lab interface box."

This software It doesn't work from Win XP onwards. like dxb allready stated. And I am using XP... on computer that has RS232 serial adapter. And it allmost looks like working.

Robolab: I guess robolab requires LabView!? And LabView comes with a price.

What do I do now? I recently obtained a lot of boxes full of legodacta for the shool where I work, without software. I would really like to use the interface. But I cannot get the motors running. Input works, output not!???

Is there 'a private way' to get the right software? If someone would send it to whichoneworks@gmail.com, referring to "kabinet Natuurkunde", I would be very obliged!!!

:cry_sad::wacko::blush::wacko::sick::classic: I am very puzzled now!

Edited by plunk

@ plunk: As stated a few posts above, I posted the ZIP file of the Lego Dacta 9751's Control Lab software Version 1 for everyone to download here via SkyDrive. :classic:

2954.gif9705-1.jpg