Artizan

What would be the most epic MOC?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Yes I am planning to build something really epic, something that might take months to build. what should it be? Eclipse-class star destroyer? cloud city? what are your opinions?

Minifig-Scale Death Star. :tongue:

Do you want this to be true Minifig-Scale, or just epic?

OT, PT, TCW?

Edited by LEGOman273

IMO, by asking what to do to get an awesome result, you have the wrong attitude.

You should choose a scene or a vehicle you like. And then, you will have to think how to make the model awesome.

I remember an UCS Mon Calamari cruiser Moc being done.

f4564ebdacf14ec8f4e4e0915ff13855.jpg

I want to try something that has never been done. possible ideas so far:

-Eclipse class super star destroyer

-Cloud city

-Otoh Gunga

It can be anything from the SW universe, OT,PT,CW,EU. I just want to gather ideas, so I can pick up the one I like and probably the most popular.

I want to try something that has never been done. possible ideas so far:

-Eclipse class super star destroyer

:thumbup:

You could make a Mount Rushmore like wall with the faces of Luke, Leia, Solo and Vader. I'm not sure if faces where ever tried by Lego builders.

A palace of Naboo would be nice as well (mini- or larger scale).

I do not know if the crash of the capital ship at the beginning of ROTS is already covered by a MOC.

A huge MOC of the scene of Vader killing Obi Wan might be very challenging as well since you somehow need to catch movement and dynamics. But I think it'd be epic.

Edited by Brickadeer

An Eclipse Class Star Destroyer would be fantastic, and I don't think I've seen one done before.

eclipse-class_star_destroyer.jpg

Wouldn't be easy, but it would clean up good in LEGO.

You should choose a scene or a vehicle you like. And then, you will have to think how to make the model awesome.

I agree with this. Any MOC of virtually anything can be epic, and being huge doesn't automatically make something epic. If you want to make something really big, you should probably play to your strengths. What are you good at? Shaping? Landscaping? Greebling? Technic? Power Functions?

That being said, if you're just looking for ideas, there isn't much in the realm of well-known Star Wars vehicles and locations that hasn't been done before, and if you plan to display this (and at the size you're talking, why wouldn't you want to?), you should probably go with something lots of people will recognize, and I don't believe the Eclipse is one of those. A Cloud City the size of Brickplumber's Hoth and Endor dios might. I'm going to go against my normal recommendations and say that you should go with a PT MOC here. An enormous Kamino would be pretty recognizable and unusual, I think. (plus clones, despite being not as awesome as Stormies, in my opinion, look good massed)

I agree with this. Any MOC of virtually anything can be epic, and being huge doesn't automatically make something epic. If you want to make something really big, you should probably play to your strengths. What are you good at? Shaping? Landscaping? Greebling? Technic? Power Functions?

That being said, if you're just looking for ideas, there isn't much in the realm of well-known Star Wars vehicles and locations that hasn't been done before, and if you plan to display this (and at the size you're talking, why wouldn't you want to?), you should probably go with something lots of people will recognize, and I don't believe the Eclipse is one of those. A Cloud City the size of Brickplumber's Hoth and Endor dios might. I'm going to go against my normal recommendations and say that you should go with a PT MOC here. An enormous Kamino would be pretty recognizable and unusual, I think. (plus clones, despite being not as awesome as Stormies, in my opinion, look good massed)

Clones can actually hit their targets.

Clones can take down Jedi.

:poke:

What about a battle scene between two large cruisers surrounded by tons of mini fighters on scale?

Edited by Nom Carver

I would like to see a minifig scale Venator star destroyer to be made. The main fighter bay would be enormous.

A Minifig-Scale Venator would be awsome!

My suggestion: the Death Star's Core with the Millennium Falcon and the other ships flying towards it, as in the final battle of ROTJ.

A Minifig-Scale Venator would be awsome!

And unrealistic at a length of roughly thirty meters.

I agree with Anio and Brickdoctor, it should be what you like.

Then again, it would be cool to see a Muunilinst diorama with the ARCs and everything...

Has anyone ever made a minifig scale Yavin 4 scene with the Masassi temples X and Y wings taking off with the lookout?

TAKEOFF.JPG

ITW_Great_Temple.jpg

I know of smaller scale mocs, and parts of the temple and microscale mocs.. but minifig would be truly Epic :tongue:

But it would be truly epic, just like fullscale minifig SD or SSD :tongue:

dum dum dum dum, i told te Brickdoctor i was in love love with bricks

I say some form of large temple or palace, with different areas such as the main building, greenery, landing pad for ships, and other little details that would just make the moc special. That would be epic. :classic:

Blue Brick

Edited by The Blue Brick

Its always been a dream of mine. Based on Wookieepedia, it has room for close to 10,000 crew and troops. Imagine all the cabins and hallways needed to accommodate that number. I picture the Lego V-19, Republic Gunship or AT-TE sets can fit in the docking bay. From there I wonder how massive the engines will be. Not to mention having all the inner workings to support the ship. :wacko:

a cool moc would be the galatic senate building ive always wondered how it might look in lego :cry_happy:

What MOC would be like a long poem or story describing heroic deeds? I would say none of them.

If you want to build a very large MOC instead, anything you mentioned would suffice. As for Yavin IV, ACPin already built a very nice one at large scale, I'd suggest building something that hasn't been done before.

What MOC would be like a long poem or story describing heroic deeds? I would say none of them.

I would consider something like this to be an epic, if it went on long enough. That's a collection of many fabulous MOCs, though, and the concept of an epic itself is probably better suited to medieval fantasy than sci-fi.

i am all for the Eclipse Star Destroyer. its an epic ship and it was never done before.

i would go for something like 1,20 cm long.

I think I will be making an eclipse-class super star destroyer, it should be about the same length with the executor-class, even less. but a lot wider and thicker.